LXIII. INSANE WORLD

The day of the finale.

The long, long awaited day has finally arrived yet me and Victoria still were in an arguement.

I came back to our room late yesterday when I knew Vic would be asleep so that she could peacefully fall asleep early to have enough sleep for today.

When I woke up, she was already awake. I didn't see here in bed next to me but I saw the light on in the bathroom with the door slightly open.

I woke up and decided to go to the bathroom to see what she was doing. I looked in and I saw her just sitting on the bathtub. She had her back to me but she looked like she was shaking so I quickly walked in sat down next to her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, forgetting completely about our fight.

"Nothing." she replied, quickly wiping her eyes.

"Vica, I'm not stupid. Come on, tell me." I said and she looked at me.

"I was just - just thinking how many people I'd disappoint if we don't win this." she said and I hugged her as she sobbed into my chest. "It's just too mich pressure, I know I should be happy and excited to be here but it's just so stressful."

"Oh, Vica, no one will be disappointed if you guys don't win." I started fidddling with her hair with one hand as tthe other kept her close to me. "You won Sanremo, Vica, Sanremo. Never in a million years would I even get close to winning Sanremo. Besides, being here, representing our country, is already a win. Do you know how many people dream about being in your position? I'm sure you'll win anyway, you four are absolutely incredible musicians there's no way for you not to win. And I'm already proud of you whether you get last place or first place, I'll always be proud of you."

She pulled away from the hug and looked at me.

"You won't leave me if we get last place, right?" she asked and I laughed, wiping her tears quickly.

"No, what made you think that?" I asked.

"Well, you just see these women and men leaving their partners after they've failed in life." she said quietly.

"You haven't failed in life, I said that being here is already a win and it is, Victoria. You're living the dream life," I said and then added quietly. "especially with me as your girlfriend."

She laughed at that and I cheered. "Mission accomplished." I clapped my hand together as if I was high-fiving myself.

"I'm sorry, everything just built up and boom explode. The finale stress, our fight, everything." she said.

"I forgive you, Vica." I said and she turned to me.

"You - you do?" she asked, stunned. "But you can't. I mean, I behaved like a child!"

"Vica, everyone gets insecure every once in a while, even me. I know you thought I was perfect," she laughed. "it's normal and besides, I can tell you're sorry, I've known you long enough to distinguish actual regret and you just wanting to stop the fight but not actually regret what you did."

"Thank you, I'm sorry again." she said.

"Forget about it. Come on, we need to get ready, you don't want to miss breakfast on this important day." I said to her.

We both got changed and got ready and then left the room. Knowing the other three, Damiano and Thomas were still asleep and Ethan was awake so Enzo was probably too.

"You get Damiano when he's awake you can check on Ethan and Enzo a d I'll get Thomas and Ilarya." she said, pulling out the toy gun she had slipped into her pocket when we were still in the room. "I have a great way of waking him up."

"Don't get his eyes again. You made it swollen last time." I said. "Remember."

"That was first class comedy, but, I'll try." she smirked, kissing me before running in the direction of Thomas' and Ilarya's room.

I just shrugged and went in tbe direction of Damiano's room, it was right next to ours so it wasn't a long walk.

I knocked loudly on the door and, to my surprise Damiano opened the door seconds later.

"Good morning my dear Althea, coffee?" he asked happily as he held up his cup.

"Okay, Mr. Smiley, what happened to you?" I asked.

"I just feel good about today," he moved away from the door to let me in. "Like there's something I've been wanting for a long time and I will finally get it today."

"That is . . . great." I said. "Anyway, since I see you're ready. Breakfast is in ten minutes, I'm going to check on Ethan and Enzo."

"Goodbye!" he exclaimed as I left the room.

"Yeah, bye." I said and walked out.

I started laughing as I walked to Ethan's and Enzo's room which was right next to Damiano's. Maybe the loneliness was getting to him? I mean, we were all here with our partners but Giorgia had to stay home. Maybe, he was going insane from the stress?

I knocked on Ethan's and Enzo's door and a while later a shirtless and tired-looking Ethan opened the door, his braid was a mess.

"You bitch." he said, rubbing his eye with one hand as the other hand was holding onto the door handle.

"Alright, you have got to wake up." I walked in and pulled tthe curtains apart which awoke Enzo.

"I was having a very nice dream and you ruined it. Fuck you." he said.

"Has this world gone insane today? First Damiano behaves like he's high on something, he was awake before you guys and now you two aren't awake and will not stop swearing at me. What next? Thomas' hair will be neon green?" I asked.

"Sorry, we're tired." Ethan fell onto the bed.

"What time did you go to sleep yesterday?" I asked.

"Uh, one in the morning?" Enzo said. "Yeah, probably."

"Ethan, I took you as the responsible one!" I exclaimed.

"I like to be freaky once in a while." he said, still half-asleep.

"Well then, get your freaky ass in the bathroom and get ready because we're going to breakfast in ten minutes and if you two aren't there, you'll just have to starve." I said and left.

They would forget I was even there in five minutes, I just hope they wouldn't fall asleep again.

I saw Victoria getting chased by Thomas who had his gun in his hands. At least that was normal.

Everyone gathered in the lobby in ten minutes and then we went to eat breakfast.

No one really got to eat much since we all had to hurry up to be in time with everything that had to be done before the contest started.

Before we knew it everyone was getting ready and it was absolute chaos. But that's what it's about after all.