XV. THE HEART NEVER LIES

"Lorenzo, we have to talk," was the first thing I said when Enzo answered his phone.

I had spent the whole afternoon after school thinking through the feelings I had for Victoria, who was now my best friend.

"What have I done?" he whispered through the phone and I chuckled.

"Nothing, don't worry. Just come over to my house, alright? I need to tell you something." I said and he hummed on the other side of the phone.

"Yeah, alright. I'll be there in ten." he said and hung up.

He wasn't lying. Not even ten minutes later, I heard the front door open and he walked in shouting my name.

Luckily, my parents were at their marriage counselor for another three hours and my brother was at our grandmother's house for the night so I didn't have to worry about anyone.

"I'm coming." I shouted and ran down the stairs.

I burst out laughing when I reached the front door because Enzo was soaked from head to toe.

"I didn't realise it was going to rain." he whispered at me, looking down at himself.

"I can tell." I laughed. "I'll get you a towel, I have some of your spare clothea in my closet and then I'll make you tea so you're not so cold."

"Thanks." he ran his hand through his wet hair. "Oh, fuck! I just washed my hair!"

"Wait here, silly boy." I said and started laughing again as I quickly ran upstairs for a towel and some spare clothes.

I got downstairs and Enzo went to one of the bathrooms and changed into some dry clothes while I made us tea in the kitchen.

"Please tell me it's black tea." I heard Enzo's voice and turned around.

His hair was still wet but a lot less, he had a black and white button-up shirt and black jeans.

"Of course, it is." I smiled and brought the two tea's to the table and placed it in front of him and I sat down on the seat opposite him.

He took a sip and then looked at me. "Perfect, as always anyway." he laughed and then put his arms on the table, leaning forward towards me. "Well, what did you want to say? I'm all ears, my love."

"Alright, well," I took a deep breath and looked at him. "I think I have feelings for Victoria."

Enzo choked on his tea and started coughing.

"I'm sorry, Victoria as in Victoria De Angelis?" he raised his eyebrows. "As in the woman you've hated since you were four because she took your toy in kindergarden?"

"Maybe. Listen, this is why I brought you here, to help me figure it out. I've been thinking about it almost all day and I just don't know. I was hoping my best friend could help me out." I smiled at him and he smiled back widely.

"Oh, this is so exciting!" he exclaimed. "Time for a girl talk!"

I looked at him in confusion as he reached into his pockets and took out two nail polishes.

"Where the fuck did you get those from?" I asked in shock.

"I could tell you had something to Victoria because I'm your best friend and when you asked me to come over I knew for sure." he smirked. "So, I put the nail polish in my pocket and came here."

"You are a weird creature. Why do all these girls hook up with you?" I muttered as I slowly took one of the glass nail polishes.

"Yeah, girls." he whispered under his breath, as he looked at the table. "Now, tell me everything."

"Alright, well, I'm pretty sure it all started a couple years ago when me and Vica still hated each other." I made speech marks when I said hated. "We were only staring the second year of high school and I felt weird feelings for Vica. I blocked them out being the stupid fifteen year old I was and I thought that if I just blocked them out then maybe, just maybe, they'd leave forever. And, well, I thought they did until earlier when I realised they never did." I put my head on the table and muttered. "Oh, Enzo, what have I gotten myself into?"

I felt Enzo get out of his chair and sit next to me. He wrapped his hands around me and put his head on mine.

"They're feelings, Althea, you can't control them." he whispered into my hair. "They never leave if they're directed towards the right person. Just listen to what your heart tells you, it's always right."

I pulled away from the hug and smiled at my friend. "God, Lorenzo, what would I do without you?"

He laughed and shrugged his shoulders at me. "Nothing, pretty girl, you wouldn't exist." He blew me a kiss as he went to sit back on his seat.

"I didn't know you were so good wtih feelings." I said, taking a drink from my tea whilst looking at Enzo.

"The heart never lies." he simply stated, opening the black nail polish bottle.

The heart never lies.