LXV. THANK YOU FOR BELIEVING IN ME WHEN I DIDN'T

I hadn't seen Victoria yet. They had been sent for a winner's press conference before I could get a word with her. I was watching the press conference live on my phone just to see how everyone was getting drunk and how Victoria was trying to save everything. It was worth a laugh.

As soon as they won, Giorgia texted me immediately and told me to congratulate them from her since she knew they'd all be drunk.

Around a few minutes in, I realised that one of Damiano's leg pants was ripped and laughed. Of course, it was weird he hadn't ripped it earlier.

"Damiano ripped his pants." I pointed out to Enzo, who was sitting in a chair in front of the mirror.

"No surprise there." he said

I carried on watching when the door burst open and Ilarya ran in.

"It ripped! It fucking ripped! I knew it, I knew someone had done something, oh, I am so terrible. I should have fixed it better." she exclaimed.

"It's Damiano, he rips everything you make. If it was Victoria or Thomas or Ethan then maybe you'd have fixed it wrong but not with Damiano. He's always ripped clothes, ever since I remember." I said.

"Still! I could have prevented it." she said.

"I wish either of us could say you could but it is Damiano." Enzo shrugged from where he sat, eating a banana.

"Oh, alright. But I'm going to lecture him when they come back for him to stop ripping everything I make because next time I am not fixing it just so he can keep it as a memory." and with that she left the room to go to find them.

I carried on watching, Enzo looking at it too sometimes, and around half an hour later they finished and I knew they were on their way to their dressing room, the room I was in. I could already here their loud singing from outside as they came closer.

Finally, they all came in, dancing and singing.

When Vica saw me, she ran and hugged me I could feel her crying again.

"We did it!" Victoria screamed in my ear over the ridiculously loud singing of Damiano and Thomas.

"You did!" I screamed back and she laughed.

"I hope my mom is proud of me." she whispered and I hugged her tighter.

"She is, Vica, she definitely is. She couldn't be prouder." I said and she started crying again. "Are those tears of joy or . . ?"

"They're joy." she said and she fell back into a chair. "I just cannot believe it that, after so many years of hard work and dreaming of this moment, it's finally reality, that I will look back at this day for the rest of my life."

I sat on a chair next to her. "Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again, you deserve it."

"I guess we all do." she said and smiled. "It's just hard to believe that we won Eurovision."

"I always knew you could do it." I said.

She turned to me and said, "thank you fot believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself."

"Your welcome, I'm here for that after all, aren't I?" I said and she nodded before Damiano shouted.

"Let's get drunk!"

"Damiano, you already are drunk!" I shouted back.

"You can never be too drunk!" and with that he opened another champagne bottle and sprayed it at us all before drinking almost half of it. He shook his head and then scrunched his face up before jumping up and down on the spot.

"Alright, Damiano, that's too much alcohol for one night." Ethan walked to him and took the bottle away from him.

"Give it back, Ethan!" he exclaimed.

"You're too drunk." he said. "I'm sure Giorgia wouldn't be happy if she saw you like this."

"Giorgia! I need to call Giorgia!" he gasped and ran out of the dressing room.

"That was epic!" Leo shouted when he entered.

"Leo!" Thomas exclaimed. "Would you like some," he hiccuped from the drunkness. "some champagne?" he hiccuped again.

"I don't want to end up like you, Thommy, sorry." he said and we all laughed.

We all drank at least a bit of alcohol throughout the night but then around one in the morning Ethan said, "I think we ought to go to sleep now, you'll all be hangover tomorrow and we still have an interview tomorrow."

And so we all went up to our rooms and processed what a crazy day today had been.

"I still cannot believe it." Victoria said, laying on the bed. "I'm a real rockstar now, baby!"

"Chili better be proud of you." I said, putting more clothes in my suitcase.

"She better be." Vica answered. "Stop putting the clothes away and come next to me."

"But - "

"No excuses." she said and I came to sit next to her. "I know I said this but thank you, really, thank you for believing in me whenever I didn't, thank you for supporting this whole band thing eventhough it got really hard at times. Oh, and most importantly thank you for always helping resolve issues between me and Damiano." she said, chuckling.

"The pleasure was on my side, madam." I said, bowing my head a little which made her laugh.

"I love you, you idiot." she hit my head playfully.

"I love you too." I returned the phrase.

---

merry christmas [early christmas for some] to anyone who celebrates it. <3 i hope you all have fun and eat lots of food. i hope you all have an amazing next few days [even those who don't celebrate christmas] and that you'll all stay safe. i'll try to update soon but with christmas, a wedding coming up and new years coming up it might be difficult [i'm sure i'll update before new years eve but still] so if i don't update then happy new year everyone! i hope the next year will be even better than this year for us all. <3