XXXI. IT'S GOOD WHEN FRIENDS COME BACK

The next day I didn't feel like going to school so I stayed home. In the late morning, ten 'o' clock, my parents went to the court to hand in their divorce petition.

My parents had just left a couple minutes ago, maybe one or two, when I heard the doorbell go off. I walked down the stairs with no energy, still in my pyjamas, and opened the door.

I saw Enzo standing right in front of me and I smiled widely. I quickly attacked him in my hug. I haven't seen him in just one week but a lot had happened in that week.

"Enzo!" I exclaimed and he laughed when I hugged him. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, puppet." he said.

"Of course. With you come the weird nicknames." I said, letting him in.

"They're my speciality." he winked at me. "Up or down?" he asked, standing in between the stairs and entrance to the living room.

"Up." I said and he started walking uo the stairs with me following.

Once we reached my room he fell on my bed and I sat down next to him.

"How was Greece?" I asked and he looked up at me. "You're very tan." I laughed.

"It was great!" he said. "I met this really cool girl and she was so intersting. She was there on holiday too and she also lived in Rome." he said, excitedly. "She was so beautiful, but not only was she beautiful but she was also so talented. She showed me so many of her drawings and let me tell you there were incredible."

"No way. Lorenzo Moretti actually likes a girl and wants her not as just a one night stand!" I said, not believing it.

"I know, it's weird." he said. "It's like, I don't know, I've never felt like this before. It's like when I see her I feel this weird warmth in me. I can't explain it, I'm sorry."

"I know that feeling." I smiled at him before realising what I said.

"How?" he asked. "Is there something I don't know?" he smirked at me, raising an eyebrow.

"No!" I exclaimed. "All I'm saying is like I understand what feeling you're trying to explain. It's love."

"You think I'm in love with this girl?" he asked in disbelief. "It's impossible!" he exclaimed after I nodded. "I've only known her for like a week!"

"Doesn't matter." I explained. "Love can come after a day of knowing someone or it could take a year or even more."

"Too much for my brain!" he exclaimed. "Enough about me. How have you been? Any news?"

"Uhm, well, my parents just left to file their divorce to court." I said and he smiled at me sadly. "Ooh! Damiano's cousin is staying with him. Her name's Grecia, she's really pretty. And, I think that's about it."

"I bet he told you to warn me about not having a one night stand with her, am I correct?" he asked.

I laughed. "How did you know?" I asked, sarcastically.

"Oh, yeah! I forgot, I got you something." he said and searched hus jean pocket before taking out a paper bag and passing it to me.

"Enzo, seriously?" I said, taking the little bag from him. "Why? You didn't need to."

"Oh, just open it!" he exclaime like an unpatient child and I laughed.

"Alright, alright!" I said and unwrapped the brown paper bag that was held together with a white sticket with a dolphin on it and some writing.

I looked inside the bag and smiled widely. "Oh my." I whispered as I took a necklace out. "It's so beautiful!" I exclaimed happily and hugged Enzo. "Gosh, thank you, Enzo."

"No problem. You always got me something when you went on holiday so now I got you something." he smiled.

"Can you help me put it on?" I asked and he nodded going to sit behind me as I moved my hair. It was a silver moon with a black crystal hanging in the middle of the crescent moon. It was a necklace I had always imagined having. I loved it. "God, Enzo." I said when I moved a bit on the bed to see the necklace around my neck. "Straight in the heart." It was something we said when someone got something right.

"I'm glad you like it." he smiled at me.

"Like it?" I scoffed. "I love it!"

"I knew you would." he said, smirking. "I'm just so smart."

"Yeah, right." I joked and he playfully hit me.

We started talking about how our lifes were at the moment and on multiple ocassions I almost let slip out that I was dating Vica. I cannot be trusted.

"I'm happy you're back. It's been crazy." I said honestly.

"And I'm happy to be back." he said.

We ended up speaking for many hours until we got a call to go out with Damiano, Ethan, Thomas, Grecia and now also Victoria.