XXXVI. FOREVER ISN'T FOR EVERYONE

ALTHEA'S POV

That was a weird, weird call but I decided to leave it for now. I'd be seeing her later anyway because we arranged to meet up at the park at seven.

I decided to take my mind off everything and started sketching out a building that I would once want to design.

A couple hours passed and I decided to get ready. I changed my clothes and improved the eyeliner around my eye and then put my hair up.

I was quite stressed since at anytime I could slip up and say 'I love you' in the wrong moment now that I was sure of my feelings for Vica. I couldn't afford loosing her, not now, not with everything going on.

I walked to the park after saying goodbye to my brother and parents.

This was going to be interesting.

The sun was beginning to set when I reached the park. I saw Victoria there, she was the only one there. There was a group of people playing football but that was in the field around the playground not inside the playground itself.

I walked to her and sat down on the bench next to her.

"Hello." I quickly kissed her on her lips.

"Hi." she smiled sadly, looking into my eyes and then moved her eyes to the sunset in front of us.

"You alright?" I asked, putting her hair behind her ear.

She looked at me and then I saw tears gathering in her eyes so I quickly hugged her as she started crying. I caressed her hair and put my chin on her head.

"Shh, it's alright, love." I whispered to her. "I'm here. I'm right here. Let it all out, don't worry, I'll always be here."

She let out a sob after my last sentence so I decided to keep hugging her but keep silent. She buried her head in my chest and kept crying.

After a while, she sat up and looked at me. Her makeup was running down her face but I didn't care, she still looked beautiful with her curly hair and blue eyes.

"My - uh - dad found out about us." she said and my eyes widened.

"How?" I asked, my thumbs wiping the tears from under her eyes.

"When you called, he saw you were named 'my darling' and he picked up thinking it was a boy but when he heard your voice he found out it was a girl. He asked if I was dating you and I was sick of the lies so I just went forward and said yes and then, well, then hell fell loose." she said, quietly.

"Oh, Vica." I hugged her again.

"You smell nice." she said and I laughed lightly. "I never had the chance to tell you. You smell like home."

"Thank you, you do too." I said. "What did he do when he found out?"

She sat up again and bit her lip, looking into the sunset. She stayed silent.

"Vica, what did he do?" I asked a little louder and clearer.

"He, uh, told me to break up with you." she said quietly and my mouth opened slightly.

"What?" I asked quietly in disbelief.

"He told me I have till the evening to break up with you." she said.

I stayed silent. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Surely, you're not going to listen." I said but she stayed silent. My heart sped up.

No.

No.

No. Just no.

She can't leave me.

Not now.

"Vica." I said, sternly after she said nothing.

She bit her bottom lip and turned to look at me as her eyes watered.

"I'm sorry." she barely whispered.

My heart stopped. To this day I am one hundred percent it just stopped beating. How was I not dead? The mystery still remains.

"You - you can't do that!" I exclaimed, as tears gathered in my eyes too. "You can't! You were always the one to tell us to be ourselves and not care what others say because you can be who you want!"

"This is my dad we're talking about!" she also raised her voice, tears streaming down her face. "Not some friend. The person who has always been there in the hardest times of my life, my best friend, my dad."

I just stayed silent. I understood what she meant.

"That's alright." I whispered, and she let out a sob. "If it has to be done, it has to be done. Forever isn't for everyone."

I stood up and left the park. She called after me many times but I ignored her shouts for me as I finally let the tears fall.

What was I going to do?

What is my life without her? Nothing.