XXXV. I WAS GOING TO TELL YOU

[TW - HOMOPHOBIA]

VICTORIA'S POV

I was sitting in my room with Nica the next day and we were talking about everything and nothing at the same time.

"I think that white chocolate is horrible." I said after Nica asked me about my opinion of white chocolate. "Way too sweet."

"Really?" she asked. "I think it's not sweet enough."

"You absolute freak." I said.

My bedroom door opened and my father walked in. My dad was my best friend, he was always there for me except for the thing I needed him most to be, the things I feel for Althea. He wasn't there much when I was young because his job required travelling a lot but he quit it for me and Nica when my mother got sick.

"Ladies," he bowed playfully. "dinner's ready."

We were about to get up when my phone started ringing on the dresser right next to where my father. He turned to look at the phone and raised his eyebrows, a smirk on his lips.

He took the phone and read it out loud. "My darling with a heart. Is it possible that my daughter is dating someone?"

He smirked and I saw Nica look at me in stress.

"Dad, please give me that." I said, slowly standing up. He put his finger over the answer call. "Please don't pick up. Just give me phone."

"Too late." he joked and answered the phone. Nica stood quickly and I ran over to my dad. I saw as his face drop and he handed me the phone.

"Hello? Vica?" asked Thea through the phone.

"Thea, I, uh, I need to go." I said.

"Is everything alright?" she asked and I felt my heart skip.

"Yes, I'll talk to you later. Bye, bye." I said and, before she had the time to say anything else, I hung up.

I slowly lowered my hand with the phone in it and looked at my father started blankly at me.

"Thea?" he asked.

"Althea, yeah." I said.

"A girl?" he asked and I stammered a bit, nit knowing what to say. "The girl who came over and I really liked?

"I, uh, yes." I said.

"Nica," he didn't take my eyes off me. "Go to your room, sweetheart."

"But - " she started but my father interrupted her.

"Nica. Please." he said and she left, smiling at me sadly.

"Dad, I swear I can explain!" I exclaimed.

"I don't want to hear it!" he raised his voice a little. "Have you not listened to a thing I've thought you?!"

"Dad!" I shouted. "Just let me - "

"You weren't going to tell me, were you? You were just going to hide everything from me - " he said.

"I was going to tell you! I was just waiting till I was ready." I exclaimed.

"Let me speak for goodness sake!" he shouted back. "Dating the same gender is wrong! Whatever you are is wrong! You're doing the wrong thing!"

"I am not!" I shouted at him.

"How do you know?" he shouted back.

"BECAUSE I LOVE HER!" I shouted and he became silent.

He stayed silent for a while before saying something that broke me.

"Break up with her." he said, quietly.

"W - what?" I whispered.

"Break up with her, you don't love her. You're going crazy, she's a bad influence on you." he said, calmly.

"But - " I started.

"I said break up with her, Victoria." he repeated louder.

"Alright." I said quietly.

"I wasn't asking. I was stating. Do it now, you better be broken up by the evening." he said and left my room shutting the door loudly behind himself.

I stood there in my room, tears gathering in my eyes as I walked up to my dresser. I leaned my arms on it and took a few deep breaths. I looked up and kicked the dresser.

That was enough for the tears to fall. I went and sat on my bed. It was too much.

But I didn't have a choice, did I?

---

oops...