XXXVIII. YOU STILL LOVE HER

VICTORIA'S POV

Last few days equal hell. I stayed in my room and the only person I talked to was Nica. Ethan, Thomas and Damiano came by three days ago and convinced ne to go to school and when I did I got sent home.

I didn't feel like even looking at my dad, it was his fault. Couldn't he just support me? Was it that hard?

My thoughts keep coming back to Althea. I wonder how she's doing. Nica told me around three days ago that Ethan called and said that he went to visit Althea with Enzo. According to him she looked even worse than me. Dark circles surrounded her eyes and her eyes looked like was just so tired of everything, even her voice showed that.

It killed me knowing that I was the one who made her feel like that. I wish I could just kiss her, hug her and tell her that I love her. Why does it all have to be so complicated? Why can't everyone just leave everyone alone and just get along?

A knock on the door threw me out of my thoughts.

"Come in." I said.

"Hello, Vic." someone opened the door. It was Damiano. I smiled at him and got up from the floor.

"Hi." I quietly answered.

He hugged me and kissed my forehead. We sat on the bed, next to each other and started talking

"I was just visiting Althea." he said and I sat up.

"Really?" I asked and he smiled.

"Yeah." he said. "She's a mess. I'm sorry for saying this, Vic, but you broke her. She looks like she hasn't slept for days and even been outside her room for days. I spoked with her mother and she says she hadn't spoken to Althea since when she came home that 'one day' as she called it and when she tried asking what was wrong Althea just stared blankly ahead of her. She said she hasn't been the same and she's deadly worried about her."

"Oh." I burried my face in my hands and I felt his hand on my shoulder. "It's all my fault."

"Victoria, look at me." he said and I looked at him. "Can I kiss you?"

"I - what?" I asked in shock.

"Don't worry. I don't have feelings for you I just want to prove something to you." he said and relief washed over me.

"I - um, alright. Yeah." I said and he quickly kissed my lips.

"What did you feel?" he asked.

"Nothing." I said.

"And what do you feel when Althea's kisses you or she kisses you?" he asked.

"Like I'm in heaven." I answered, sighing dreamily.

"You see!" he exclaimed. "You never wanted to break up with her. You did it because you were forced to. You didn't listen to your heart, you listened to your homophobic father."

I looked at him and thought his words through. He was correct. The whole  time my heart was shouting at me saying I was doing the wrong thing.

"You think?" I asked.

"Obviously. You wouldn't be so hurt if you wanted to break up with her." he said.

"Well then w - what should I do?" I asked.

"Get back with her." he smirked at me.

"What?" I exclaimed. "I can't!"

"If you really love her, which I know you do, then you'll both find a way to keep dating even if you're not allowed. Your father can't control you forever. He'll let go eventually." he explained. "You still love her, Vic."

I did, I really did love her. These past few days have been destroying me bit by bit. Being apart from her and knowing that I was causing her pain really was getting to me.

Maybe getting back together wasn't the worst idea?

Maybe Damiano was correct?

No. My father clearly said no and I will listen to him. Maybe one day when I'm free and away from my father and I still love Althea and she still loves me then maybe we'll get back together.

But, as for now, I wasn't sure. It'd be too dangerous, I wasn't sure if I was up for that.

"I'm not sure."