XLIX. FINALLY TIME

VICTORIA'S POV

We walked into the hall. It was done beautifully, now that the lights were off and the ones we wanted were on and the food was out, everything looked incredible. We really did a good job.

"Woah, this looks so cool." Althea said from beside me.

"I think we did a great job, Thea." I said and we high-fived.

"Have I been transported to space?" Enzo asked sarcastically and we all laughed.

"Got it from me." Thea proudly hit her chest.

"But, seriously, this looks like it was planned professionally." he said and we thanked him.

"You'll be hearing compliments about this all night so all I'll say is this is perfect. You did an amazing job." said Ethan. We all hugged and then went to occupy a table.

Most people were already on the dance floor with their friends or partners even though the prom had just started ten minutes ago. A lot of the people were also walking in and looking around, they look impressed with everything which made me happy.

I looked around at the people walking in and then turned to Thea after seeing people's clothes. She was having a conversation with Ethan and Enzo about the purpose of pillars in a building. A weird conversation to have at a prom but alright.

"Yeah, but if you didn't have pillars in a building your whole building would collapse." she said, moving her hands as if she was drawing what she was saying on the table.

"How? You have walls." Enzo replied.

"Yeah, but sometimes walls aren't enough and too much weight can make the ceilings collapse." she explained to him.

"Oh!" he extended the 'h'. "I get it now, I'm so sorry."

"That's fine." she chuckled. "I thought you were going insane for a moment but that's just you."

"She bullies me but I'm still best friends with her." Enzo said to us and we laughed.

We talked for around ten minutes before Enzo and Ethan left to find their dates which apparently we've never seen. I bet they're going to flirt with random girls they find. Typical them.

Thea put her head on my shoulder as she drank her drink from her straw. The DJ then played a new song and Althea lifted her head quickly. It was her favourite song and I wanted her to dance to it. She turned her head to me and looked at me as if begging.

"No, no, no." she shook her head knowing what I was going to ask.

"Please! Just this one song." I whined, she was not a social person at all. "It's your favourite!"

"I - I don't know how to dance!" she exclaimed rapidly.

"Oh, please, you were a dancer for eight years and you're here telling me you can't dance? Besides, most people here don't know how to dance yet look at them." I pointed at everyone on the dance floor. I took my hand and lifted her up from my seat. "Come on, we can't sit around the whole night."

"Alright, but promise we'll leave as soon as our speech for organizing the whole thing is done." she said.

"Obviously." I exclaimed happily.

We came onto the edge of the dance floor and I started dancing around happily. The song was 'Lost In Stereo' by All Time Low. After Althea showed it to me one day I had also fallen in love with it.

In a couple of seconds, she got a little more comfortable and by the first chorus, we were both jumping shouting the lyrics at the top of our lungs along with everyone else. We pretended to play the guitar and sang the lyrics. Soon, we got joined by Ethan, Enzo and weirdly Damiano, no idea where he came from but he was here and by the second chorus we were all jumping and going crazy along with everyone else.

The song finished and everyone had to calm down a bit so we went back to our table.

"Where did you come from?" I asked Damiano when we all sat down back at the table.

"That's a secret I won't tell." said both Damiano and Althea and then they both winked. Damiano was more energetic than Althea.

"She always ruins this." Damiano huffed and we all chuckled.

"Ha!" Thomas sat next to me. Where were they coming in from? "I got in." he stuck his tongue out to Damiano.

"Fuck." he whisper-shouted as he got a five euro note out of his pocket and handed it to Thomas.

Thomas pocketed the note and turned to us all. "Good evening." he said poshly.

"Seriously! Where do you guys come from?" I exclaimed and they all laughed.

We went up on the dance floor a couple more times for songs like 'The Funeral' by Band of Horses and 'Lay All Your Love On Me' by ABBA. I had to persuade Althea but she always gave in.

Soon, the speeches of who were the King and Queen of the prom started but it wasn't any of us, not that we were interested in that. Then, I and Althea got called up because we had organized the whole thing and we were meant to give a 'goodbye to the school' speech.

"Well, there's not much to say really." Althea said and everyone chuckled. "Uh, I think the most important people who we should thank are the people who got us here. By this, I mean our friends who were there for us, social workers who helped us overcome any problem we had or any other people who have supported us but the most important people we should thank are teachers and the headteacher, Mr Letto the most. So just one round of applause for them." she said and everyone started whistling and clapping. The headteacher, who now stood on the side of the stage, bowed and every other teacher in the hall did the same.

"I think we should also thank yourselves for getting us here and being proud of who we are. Many of us never even spoke to each other but I think that if we did there would some amazing friendships around the room. There already are," I looked around the room to people who I knew had amazing friends. "a lot of those. Many people even I hadn't spoken to but I wanted to say to each and every one of you that be proud of who you are because you were made specially to be who you are now. Never, and I mean, never doubt yourself or your feelings. I once was scared but not anymore, I found the person who showed me it was alright to be scared but it wasn't worth it because you should all feel free to show your true colours." I looked at Althea while I spoke and she smiled. I looked at her intenly, I loved her so much and I just wanted to show everyone she was mine. "You know what? Fuck it." I leaned forward, putting her face in my hands and kissed her. For a while, everyone stood shocked, even Althea, but shortly almost everyone started clapping and whistling.

It was like a scene straight from a movie and I didn't want it to end.