IX. ORGANIZING

"Do you know if this year they're making a prom?" asked Victoria as we sat in the cafeteria waiting for Ethan, Enzo and Thomas since we just had a lesson together without the boys.

"I don't think anyone is up to organizing it after last year." I said, siping on my juice as Victoria ate her crisps.

Let's just say last years prom for the last years was quite unfortunate.

Victoria stayed silent, looking at the wall behind me.

"Lets organize it." she said after a bit. I choked on my juice and started coughing.

"What? Vic, you are absolutely crazy." I said, laughing. "There is no way I am organizing the school dance for all of us last years."

"Oh, come on! It'll be fun! Just us two, we'll bond and it'll be a great way to get our mind off of all the stress of the exams and other stuff!" said Victoria and I though about it.

It would be a great way to get our minds off the mess we were all in. Maybe it'd be nice to bond with Victoria after y many, mang years of rivalry.

"You know what? Fuck it, let's organize prom!" I exclaimed and Victoria sequealed, getting up and hugging me.

"Lets go to the main office and tell them!" said Victoria, taking my wrist and running out of the cafeteria.

We ran through the full school halls as lunch had started for the two older years and we reached the main office by the entrance and exit of the school.

"Yes, girls?" asked one of the teachers.

"We were wondering if we could organize prom this year since after last year we figured no one was up." I said since Victoria was happily dancing behind me.

"We have two other pairs that want to do it so it will be a challenge but you two are last years, yes?" she asked, looking at me and Victoria.

"Yes, yes." I said.

"Names?" she asked.

"Uh, Althea Lastra, " I pointed to myself and then to Victoria. "and Victoria De Angelis."

"The head teacher of your year is teaching a lesson currently in I5 so you can try that classroom to ask about if you can try out." said the receptionist and Victoria squealed again.

"Thank you, thank you!" exclaimed Victoria.

"Thank you." I said and Victoria took my arm again, running away.

"No running in the corridors, girls!" said a teacher passed by.

"Sorry!" said Victoria, slowing down but as soon as we turned a corner she started running again.

We reached the classroom and, indeed, the head teacher of our year was teaching a class. It was the youngest years.

We knocked on the door and Professore Frances opened the door, smiling at us. He both knew us well as last year we had both helped out in an eco program at our school.

"Althea, Victoria." smiled the professor. "What are you two doing here."

"Can we speak to you outside?" I asked and the teacher nodded.

"Turn to page 394." said the teacher and everyone in his class obeyed.

"We were wondering if there was a chance we could organize the prom this year." said Victoria and the professor smiled.

"We have two other pairs also wanting so I'll give you guys till next Monday to give us your vague idea of what you want to be the theme." he said. "Meet me at lunch time on Monday in my office with your idea."

He gave us a piece of paper with boxes with questions for our ideas and said, "bring this with you and answer it, it helps."

"Thank you!" exclaimed Victoria, takinng the paper.

"No problem, girls." Professor Frances smiled and nodded his head, going back to his class.

We made our way back to the cafeteria, talking about our ideas.

"I say we go for animal theme." said Victoria.

"Vic, we aren't four year olds." I said, laughing.

"Right well what's your idea." she said.

"Maybe something to do with space? You know the hall'll be covered with like silver and purple and stars that glow in the dark and planets." I said and Victoria smiled.

"That's a great idea." she said as we walked into the cafeteria. We saw Thomas, Enzo and Ethan sitting where we left our bags and food.

"Where were you two?! We were walking in here and saw you two running." said Enzo.

"We called out to you but you were too far and too fast to hear us." Ethan said, shrugging shoulders.

"We went to do something. We won't tell unless it's confirmed. Right, Vic?" I said and she nodded sternly.

"Yes, we are not telling until it's official. So sometime next week hopefully." she said. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

Were we really going to try and organize the prom? Yes, we were. Was it quite crazy? Yes, it sure was. Did we care? No, we didn't.