LV. IT'S A STARRY NIGHT, DARLING

[TW - MENTIONS OF CATCALLING]

"So she looks at him and his friend while they talk about her having nice breasts, which is disgusting." I was telling Victoria what I had seen today at the market with Enzo. "And the poor girl looked so uncomfortable that I just had to go tell the man something. She was like fourteen or fifteen and the man was in his thirties! This is why I hate most men."

"That's just fucked up." she scoffed, shaking her head.

"I know! And as I'm walking up the girl reaches down to grab her bag that she left on the ground and one of the guy's whistles. Naturally, I taught them a thing or two about respecting women." I said in disbelief, my feet in the sand. "They walk away and then I go to the girl, Enzo's already there talking to her not in his normal flirting manner because he saw what the men did, and I just tell her that they're stupid men who can't get women to fuck them so they catcall random women on streets, thinking they like it when actually it's ridiculous."

I and Victoria were taking a stroll together down the beach as the sun set, our hands intertwined and our shoes in our free hands as our feet walked against the wet sand, the water reaching them.

"I hate men who do that and think it's fine." she said. "They're just messed up, it's good that you did something about it, I think I'd be way too scared."

"Yeah, well, I would have felt bad if I just walked past and left them catcalling her there." I shrugged. "Either way, let's move on from that unfortunate subject."

"Yeah, it's making me sad." Victoria chuckled. "Mhm, did you know that you lose up to 30 percent of your taste buds during a flight?"

"Hm, well that explains the bad reputation airplane food gets." I said and she nodded.

"Exactly! It's good food actually but, because we lose taste buds, it seems to be disgusting." she said and I chuckled.

"And what was the reason for telling me that?" I asked.

"I just thought you'd want to know, always makes you that little bit smarter." she said and I chuckled.

"Ah, yes. Taking care of me like a child, ensuring I get all the knowledge I can." I said and she smirked.

"I'm your mommy." she said and then we both laughed at how wrong that came out as. "Nevermind, that sounds wrong."

"That doesn't sound wrong. It sounds terrible." I said.

We walked a little more before settling down on the sand, further from the ocean. I looked at the ocean and its waves calmed me down.

"The ocean is beautiful, isn't it?" I asked and she nodded.

"I love the ocean." she said. "My mother used to always take me to the sea whss I was a child. She grew up in a small costal town with ocean surrounding it so she around the ocean a lot and it means a lot to her so he always tried to take me as much as she could."

I hugged her from the side when I saw her eyes watering.

"I miss her, you know? I do, I really do. If she was here then she would have probably told my father that it was wrong to be homophobic and that he should accept me but, well, she's not here." she said, quietly.

"You'll see her again one day," I turned her face to mine. "I promise."

"You do?" she asked.

"Of course, I do. She looking at you right now and she must be so proud for bringing up such an incredible daughter." I said and she smiled slightly, her first tear falling down her cheek.

I wiped the tear with my hand and she smiled at me.

"Thank you." she said quietly.

"No problem, Vica. That's what I'm here for." I said, kissing her hair as she leaned onto me.

She lay her head on my lap and I started playing with her hair.

"Thea?" she said.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"I love you, you know?" she said and I smiled.

"I love you, too, Vica." I replied and she smiled.

We there on the beach as the sun set around us and I smiled, thinking how lucky I was to have Vica. Right now, I wouldn't change anything.

"Look at the sky above us, it's so beautiful." she said and I looked at the part of the sky that was now dark above us. So many stars lit it up.

"It's a starry night, darling."

END OF PART I