LXI. NOT EVERYONE COULD HAVE AN ALTHEA

VICTORIA'S POV

A couple days passed and the first semifinal was only a couple of hours away, it was exciting to know you'll be seeing so many fantastic and talented artists. I was just coming up from being down in the lobby after receiving a package fom Nica when I came up and saw Thea calling someone, her phone by her ear.

"I need to go, Matteo." she said to the phone when she saw me. She waved to me and I smiled. "I promise to call tomorrow, yeah. No, Vica is not here. Yes, bye-bye"

She put her phone down and I raised my eyebrow. "I'm sorry did you wave at a ghost behind me?"

"You should be grateful, Vica," she said, getting up from her bed. "I just saved you from at least half an hour of Matteo talking about a new movie he watched yesterday about a boy who collects stones. You shall thank me, I thought I was going to go insane."

"A boy who collects stones?" I asked.

"That's right, stones." she told me and I chuckled.

"Well, then, thank you." I kissed her and then turned to the mirror. "Have you thought of what you're going to wear?" I said after seeing clothes layed out on the bed.

"Yes, but I need your opinion." she said and walked to the closet. She came out with a dark burgundy shirt that had straps to tie around your waist and a dark green blouse that reached half-way through her stomach. "Which one with these trousers?" she pointed to the black wide-leg trousers.

"I think the burgundy one." I said. "Put it to your chest. Yeah, it looks good." she high fived herself and left to the closet. "You always leave outfit decisions to last, why?"

"Because I hate making them. I'd walk in a simple shirt and trousers everywhere if I could." she said.

"Of course, what was I expecting?" I said.

The day went by fast with getting ready and talking to other contestants. We were lucky that Italy was part of the big five so we didn't need to perform till the grand final on Saturday. Before any of us knew it, we were sitting backstage and watching the first semifinal start, lights ans dancers everywhere.

First to perform was Lithuania and I must say that their performance was very colourful and the song was definitely one I would imagine hearing at a party.

Slovenia's was interesting, not my favourite but I loved the vocals.

"Has it started already?" Ilarya asked as she came to us for the first time today, I hadn't seen her yet.

"Of course it has, dumbo." Thomas said, hugging her to his side. "It's the second song already, we're like fifteen minutes in."

"Where were you and Leo?" asked Thea when Leo ran after Ilarya.

"There was a small emergency with the costumes but I promise it's all fixed and secured now. Some idiot accidently ripped one of the sews in Damiano's pant leg, it must have been the people who looked after the costumes." she said.

"Is it alright now?" Damiano asked as the second song finished.

"Yes, it's alright now. Besides, since when do you care if you're naked or not? You rip most of the concert costumes I make." Ilarya said and everyone laughed.

"But I always apologize!" he argued as Russia's performance started. Right now, no was paying much attention to the big screen.

"It doesn't help the rip does it?" she asked and turned to the screen when she heard Russian. "I didn't know Russia was third to perform, good I didn't miss it."

We all went quiet and turned to the screen. The night was fantastic, the performances incredible and my company immaculate.

When the show finished, me and Althea went outside for a bit of fresh air. It was dark and the cars were passing by us fastly on the road.

"That was nice, don't you think?" she asked.

"It was. Now that I saw our competition, I'm freaking out." I joked and we both laughed.

"Don't worry, Vica, I'm sure you'll this and take over the whole world." she said. "Måneskin world domination, yeah!"

I laughed and she smiled. Not everyone could have an Althea in their life, I was one of the lucky few.

---

i want to apologize, once again, for not updating this story. i have, only in the past five school days, had around five tests and also I have other things to worry about and I simply haven't had time to update this story but after this next week I should be able to commence with daily updates since next monday is my last test and then I hope to have  lot more time.

thank you all for being so patient while i sort out this whole school madness. :)))