XI. RAIN

The sun.

It's a mysterious thing. It helps us live but at the same time it could kill us in one second.

It's the same with Victoria. She makes my life more enjoyable as a friend of mine but she could still become my enemy again in one second and turn away from me. Who knew, maybe she was forced to be my friend by Ethan or someone? Or maybe this is all a plan to humiliate me?

Or maybe I just overthink.

I stood from my bed and got ready for meeting Victoria at the park early in the morning, eight-thirty to be more specific, I hate her for this early timing, so that we could do some last check-ups on our prom plan before presenting the idea tomorrow.

I don't know why we're meeting for check-ups since we did the 'last' ones yesterday but I guess it's always better to be sure.

I saw Victoria sitting on a bench outside my house when I walked out and she smiled when she saw me. She stood up and we hugged as a greeting.

"Let's hope it doesn't start raining." I said, pointing to the dark clouds in the distance.

"Did you bring an umbrella?" she asked.

"No." I said and we laughed.

"We'll get soaked then." she said. "When I was walking put of my house the clouds were far."

By the time we reached the playground, the dark clouds were above us and there was no one in the park.

"If it starts raining we run to the wooden playhouse there, we don't want our plans getting soaked." I said and Victoria nodded.

We went to sit on the biggest swing and looked through our plans.

"OK, so, I've got the drawings for how we want the hall to look." I pulled out three folded papers from my coat pocket and gave it to her to look through. "Here's the stage and dance floor, here's the entrance and here is the snack area. And the table drawing we already have it here." I clapped the folder.

"Thea, this is so good!" exclaimed Victoria. "High five!"

We high-fived eachother and kept looking through the folder making sure we lost nothing.

"Please say that you didn't have orange juice at home." I said when I saw Victoria take a bottle of apple juice out from her bag.

"I did, I just prefer apple juice." she said and I gasped. "What?"

"You did not just pick apple juice over orange juice, you monster." I said and she laughed.

"I did, what are you going to do about it?" she stuck her tongue out to me.

"Well, I could just grab the open bottle from you and spill the juice on the ground." I shrugged my shoulders and she hid the bottle behind her back, making me laugh. "But I won't because I have manners."

As soon as I said that, droplets of rain started falling from the sky. We looked at each other and started laughing. We ran to the wooden playhouse just as the rain got heavier.

"At least we'll be dry in here." she said.

I put the folder down on the ground and took her hand, dragging her out into the heavy rain.

"Who cares about rain?!" I shouted over the loud rain and sound of the busy road nearby. "We're not made of sugar!"

We were getting soaked but we didn't care because we only live once so we better use it.

"My underwear is already wet." she said, laughing and I looked at her short skirt and tiny ankle socks and also laughed.

"That's why you don't wear skirts when you can tell it will rain, dress like me." I smirked and she tilted her head back, getting raindrops in her mouth, me doing the same.

I had a leather print shirt on and black jeans and black boots.

"Well, I didn't have anything else really. All my tights are ripped or too small, all my jeans are discoloured. It's impossible to dress for rain with my wardrobe." she said.

"I'm taking you shopping next Saturday, young lady." I said.

"Oh, I've missed shopping for clothes!" exclaimed Vic.

We looked at each other, both of our make-up running down our face, our clothes soaked, our hair soaked and we laughed.

"Come on, let's dance." I took her hand and she smiled.

I spun her around and she giggled. After a little dance session, we lay on the ground and opened our mouth to get the heavy rain in.

I looked up at the sky were I saw as the droplets fell.

Maybe everything wasn't as bad as I thought it was?

---

sorry for not updating this story for a week or so but i had no motivation to write but i'm finally trying to get back on track. :b

have a great day! <3