XXV. DON'T HIDE YOUR EMOTIONS

[TW - MENTIONS OF DIVORCE]

"Fridays are just the best." I said as me, Victoria, Ethan and Thomas were making our way to Damiano's apartment after school the next day.

"Yeah, I felt dead this morning though. After our night trip to the supermarket, I woke up dead this morning." said Ethan and we laughed. "And I had to wash my hair last minute!"

"That's cause your quite literally fell asleep with your face in you cereal bowl. I was late because of you and I got a detention because I had completely missed math class and you know my teacher can be a complete asshole." I showed him my middle finger.

"I'm sorry for that." he said quietly, looking geniuenly guilty so I hugged him from the side.

"No, Ethan! I was only joking, I seriously don't mind the detention, it's only fifteen minutes." I said and he seemed to loosen up a bit.

I could tell he was extremely scared of making a mistake.

"That's great, I'd feel so guilty." he said.

"No need, Ethan. You need to stop worrying about making mistakes. Everyone makes them." I said, rubbing his back.

"I'll try to tell myself that." he nodded.

I smiled, "good."

"What are we going to do tonight?" asked Victoria, once we reached the outside of Damiano's apartment.

"We could go do karaoke later. I heard there's a good place not far from here." said Thomas.

"I'm up." said Ethan.

"Me too. Althea?" said Victoria.

"Huh?" I said, coming back to reality. "Karaoke, right. Sure, I don't mind. I can't sing, though."

"I'm sure you can." said Thomas.

"Hell yeah, she can." said Ethan. "She just hasn't heard herself."

"Whatever." I said but smiling.

I pressed the button to call up to Damiano's apartment and soon we heard a voice.

"Hello? Who's there." asked a girl voice.

We looked at each other and laughed silently.

"Who are you?" asked Victoria, standing next to me and nearing her mouth to the speaker.

"Uh, I'm Grecia." she said, unsurely.

"And, Grecia, who exactly are you to Damiano?" said Ethan.

"Oh, there's more of you." she said, not very excited at the fact. "I'm his cousin."

"Oh!" we all exclaimed, extending the 'o'.

"My dear, how many of you are there?" she asked and we laughed.

"Four." said Thomas.

"There'd be five but our friend, Enzo, went on holiday." Ethan added.

"You know, Grecia, it's beautiful standing out here." I said, sarcastically. "Because we didn't come here to get let in, no, we came here to talk to Damiano's cousin through a machine."

"Oh!" she laughed. "Sorry. I need to call Damiano, I don't understand this machine. Damiano!"

"What?" he shouted back.

"Your friends are here but I don't know how to let them in." said Grecia.

"Hello?" asked Damiano a couple seconds later.