Chapter 15

It had started to drizzle and cool winds kept blowing, Unnati looks outside and smiles seeing that it had started to rain. She looks at Yash who was sipping his tea "Doc you like water", he looks at her confused "What". Unnati looks at him "Do you like getting wet in rain", Yash shakes his head "Noooo". She rolls her eyes looking at him "So boring you are doc.. come na.. it's just starting to drizzle now you won't get wet so much", he shakes his head "No it gets so sticky after getting wet and you might also end up getting cold.. so don't go".

She rolls her eyes at him "You know what I'm going out.. you stay here you boring man". She goes out of the shop onto the road to get wet in the rain. She was wearing a simple baby pink coloured salwar suit with a blue coloured bandhni dupatta. She spreads her arms out enjoying the droplets of rain falling on her. She keeps giggling and twirling around as the rain intensifies. Yash stands near the entrance of the shop "Unnati come inside.. it's raining heavily..", she just shows her tongue to him and shakes her head giggling "No doc.. you come out... See it's too much fun.. come out doc".

He tries to talk her into coming inside "Come in darling.. please... You will catch cold Unnati... Come in na", she doesn't listen to him and keeps playing in the rain while it starts to pour heavily. He had never liked stepping out in the rain, it was only at times when he would get stuck in the rain due to his late night duties other times he always tries to formulate ways to get out of it. Now he had no other choice but to step out as she wasn't listening to him. He thought he will just step out a little bit and pull her inside, then he won't get wet much but he didn't know the plans his Atom bomb had for him.

Just as he steps out she runs to the middle of the road seeing no vehicles approaching. He glares at her while she just giggles looking at him, she was completely drenched her salwar was sticking to her body and her dupatta was flying freely as she kept twirling spreading her arms. He runs near her and holds her hand to take her back "Come back darling", but she gets her hand out of his grip and runs off giggling "It's not so easy to catch me doc". He had stepped out into the rain only for a couple of minutes but he was already completed wet.

Gosh!! this girl.. she made me get wet in the rain.. only God knows what all she is going to make me do.. now where did she go. He looks here and there searching for her, he finally spots her in the park next to shop, she was playing with some kids in the park. He goes to the park, she enjoying to the fullest in the rain, he smiles looking at her, I think even these little kids are less naughtier than her.. this one is the naughtiest. She looks at him and calls him "Come na doc.. see it's so much fun", she holds his hand and takes him near the kids. The kids and she keep jumping around, while he keeps looking at her smiling.

Soon the kids parents take them home leaving Yash and Unnati behind. Yash wipes off the water from his face and looks at her. She was still twirling around, droplets of water falling on her face slides down her swan like neck then out of sight. His throat goes dry looking at her, her dress sticking onto her body like a second skin making her hourglass figure more prominent. Her hair keeps sticking to her cheeks as she keeps twirling around.

His legs having a mind of their own takes steps towards her. He stands right in front of her she stops twirling and giggles looking at him as water from the pouring rain keeps flowing down his face "You too had fun na.. don't be boring always Dr.Yash.. sometimes turn into a kid and enjoy these moments". He nods looking at her, next minute he holds her waist and pulls her closer. She looks at him blinking her rabbit like eyes, few strands of her hair stick to her lips.

She was about to remove them but he holds her hand and stops her. He takes his hand near her lips and brushes off the strands of her hair from her lips. She freezes and her breathing goes heavy as his fingers brush against her lips lightly. Her heart thumps hard and her eyes close involuntarily and she fists his shirt in her hand as he runs his thumb over her lips "So soft and delicate they are..". Her whole face turns a bright shade of red making her look like a plum. He then rubs her cheek with her thumb, she opens her eyes to look at him, "You know you are looking like a plum right now.. and I love eating plums darling".

She feeling shy buries her face in his chest. He caresses her waist, she shudders in his embrace, her heart keeps beating so fast that she was thinking that it might fail anytime "Ya.. Ya.. Yash.. please" . He pulls out of the hug and caresses her cheek with his one hand "Look at me darling". She looks at him still feeling shy, he leans in closer. Her eyes widen to the size of tennis balls, he leans in further closer. She clutches his shirt tightly as her legs were giving up, it was just because of his hold that she was standing. He leans in closer and leaves a kiss on her right cheek.

It thunders suddenly making them jump apart. It was twilight time of the day, the sky was painted in different shades of orange as the sun was setting yet the sky kept pouring. Unnati looks at Yash for a minute and looks away feeling shy while Yash still keeps looking at her. "La.. la..let's go ba.. back" saying this she tries leave from there but he stops her holding her hand and pulls her back. She looks at him shocked as she crashes into his chest, he tucks a strand of her behind her ears and kisses her left cheek.

Her eyes pop out of her sockets while he looks at her smiling "Now we can go". She keeps blinking looking at him, he takes her hand in his and intertwines them and takes her back to the shop. "Anna rendu tea oru plate bajji" (Brother two cups of tea one plate fitters in tamil). Once they sit down Unnati keeps looking elsewhere feeling shy to even look at him. He looks at her smiling mischievously "You know what... I did enjoy the rain.. especially in the park". She looks elsewhere trying to stop the blush from creeping up her neck but inspite her attempts to control her blush, she turns into a beetroot.

Their order was brought, it was still pouring heavily, they both shivers slightly feeling cold, having hot tea and fitters makes them feel better. She starts talking to him after having the tea and fitters, they both talk for sometime and then decide to leave. Both of them were already drenched and it would take them atleast an hour to reach home and with this pouring rain they were bound to get stuck in traffic. They both run back to the car and get into it. Yash starts the car and they leave from there.

As expected they get stuck in traffic. "Achoo", he turns to her while she again sneezes "Achoo.. Achoo.. Achoo". He glares at her "See I told you na don't get wet in the rain.. see you have already started sneezing". She looks at him "It's nothing.. I'll be fine.. it happens.. Achoo... Sometimes". He shakes his head "No you are sneezing continuously.. let's get you some tablets", she smiles seeing his care for her "I have them at home I'll take them". They soon reached her home, he turns to look at her stopping in front of her appartment "Okay fine.. but if you need anything call me", she smiles "Okay Doc.. I'll call you". She opes the door, but then turns around and leaves a quick kiss on his cheek and runs off from the car into her appartment smiling.

He blushes smiling and puts his hand on his cheek where she had kissed him. He drives to his home, his mom and dad were shocked seeing him completely drenched yet not complaining about it instead smiling and going to his room. His father turns to Nisha "Nisha that's Yash only right", Nisha smiles "Yes Nanna.. it's just that someone is bringing out the kid in him again". His mom looks at Nisha "Is this someone going to be my daughter in law", Nisha smiles "I'm sure she will be in future", both his mom and dad smile thinking about him.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini