Chapter 35

The same morning, Yash and Abhi get ready and leave for Karthik's house. Karthik was sitting in his room waiting for them. Yash and Abhi greet Karthik's family and go to his room. Karthik was in his room's balcony, Abhi enters in and goes to the balcony and jumps on Karthik's back like a monkey and closes his eyes "You dumbo Abhi I know it's you.. nobody else would do such activities other than you", Abhi jumps down from his back "Why don't you guess wrong for once". Karthik and Yash laugh "From next time I'll try".

Yash turns to Karthik "So Karthi.. how is it going". Karthik looks at him  "Thank god you guys are here that girl is insane.. seriously once she starts talking she doesn't stop.. she eats my brain.. sometimes hearing her talks I feel like taking her to an asylum". Yash smiles "So that's the problem.. that's why you are sulking", Karthik looks elsewhere "also that I have not yet forgotten Navya completely". Abhi puts his hand over Karthik's shoulder "She is not here now Karthi.. she left.. stop thinking about her.. it's been a year". Yash looks at Karthik "Karthi something's are just not in out hand.. and she left you by her choice.. now you are being Tied by Destiny to Aadhira.. embrace this relationship and move on.. it would probably be hard in the beginning but then you will get adjusted and start enjoying this new relationship probably".

In the evening they all were ready in tuxedos since the bride wanted a fairytale theme, hence all the men were ready in tuxedos. Karthik and Abhi were ready in black tuxedos while Yash was ready in a navy blue tuxedo. They all reached the engagement venue, Yash had received a call, he was trying to find a peaceful place away from the crowd and loud music to attend the call. He was walking without looking ahead just then he bumps into a girl, his phone slips from his hand, his hand in an instinct goes to catch the girl. He looks at the girl's face properly once he catches her holding her waist, his heart skips a beat as soon as he sees her.

He keeps looking at her in a trance, she had her eyes closed but then when she didn't fall on the ground she opens her eyes to look at him. He was lost in her rabbit like golden brown eyes, her eyes well up with tears looking into his so do his. His tears rolls from his eyes and fall on her cheeks, she stands properly trying to get his hold off of her, her tears too roll down from her eyes. She gets out of his hold and leaves from there "Why are you back Yash.. why..". She goes outside of her venue just then she sees Deepak coming in, she wipes her tears and looks at him trying to put a smile on her face "Hey Deepu..", he smiles looking at her "Hey baby.. were you waiting for me.. sorry baby.. got a bit late with an appointment".

She smiles a little trying to control her tears "It's okay.. come with me". She goes back inside checking every now and then if Yash is anywhere around. Soon the ring exchange ceremony starts, Aadhira calls Akshara and Unnati to the stage, Unnati tries to say no but Deepak pushes her towards the stage and Akshara too takes her by force. Yash stands in a corner and keeps looking at Unnati, I made you cry.. I'm sorry Unnati.. I'm so sorry. He gets a call from Abhi, he picks it up "Yash.. Yash where are you.. come here fast.. it's.. it's Unnati.. come fast to the stage", Yash "I know.. I saw her already I cannot come in front of her again.. you go ahead.. I'm not coming in front of her and making her cry again".

Abhi hits his head "Dr.Yash Chakravarthy just shut up and come here right now or I will come and drag you here". Yash doesn't listen to him, he doesn't come near the stage as told by Abhi. Abhi goes to find Yash and drags him back to the stage inspite of his protests. Abhi takes Yash to the stage and makes him stand next to Karthik. Akshara, Shiva and Deepak look at Yash shocked, Unnati turns away from him. Unnati tries to leave the stage but Aadhira holds her hand and stops her "Where are you going.. you said you will stay by side the whole time". Unnati looks at Akshara but she was too busy trying to burn down Yash with her glares. Getting no help, she had to stand next to Aadhira.

Yash keeps looking at Unnati, his eyes don't leave her even once, his heart was beating hard and fast in his chest. He had been longing to see her since a really long time, now that he had finally got a chance to see her he didn't want to waste it. He knew he won't be able to see her or feel her presence for long, he wanted to again capture her image into his heart so that her image stays in his heart forever. Unnati keeps looking the other side not even sparing a glance to him. Abhi looks at Karthik "Introduce us to you wife and her friends na", Karthik glares at him "You want to talk to her.. go and talk".

Just then Aadhira looks at them smiling "Hi I'm Aadhira.. this is Unnati my friend.. and Akshara my cousin.. you must be Karthik's friends.. right?". Karthik looks at Abhi once and then looks at Aadhira "Yeah Aadhira they are my friends.. this is Abhi.. and this is Yash..". She smiles "Hii", Unnati still keeps looking elsewhere while Yash also continues staring at her. Tired of his gaze she turns to him and gives him a sharp look making him gulp and turn away. Karthik did know about Unnati but he had not seen her photo so he didn't know that this Unnati is Yash's Unnati.

Soon the ring ceremony was over, Akshara takes Aadhira to the dance floor while Abhi takes Karthik and Yash along to the dance floor. He pushes Karthik towards Aadhira "Go dance", Akshara comes and takes Yash aside and keeps glaring looking at him "Why are you here". Yash looks at her "Karthik is my best friend.. I didn't know Unnati would be here..", Akshara glares at him "I don't know anything.. I just don't want you anywhere near her", Yash looks elsewhere as his eyes well up with tears "I won't go near her Akshara.. I won't make her cry or hurt her again.. I just want to say sorry to her once.. after that I won't even go near her".

Unnati who was searching for Akshara comes there right then seeing Akshara talking to someone "Akshu what are you doing here..", she turns and was shocked looking at Yash. She again turns to Akshara "Akshu let's go.. you need to have your food and medicines..", Akshara looks at her "I'll go.. you talk and come back". Unnati looks at Akshara "I don't have anything to say to anyone Akshu.. come let's go", Akshara looks at her "Talk", saying that she goes away from there.

Unnati also turns to go but Yash stops her holding her hand "Just once hear me out please", she turns to him with tear filled eyes "did you.. did you hear me out.. had we talked peacefully we wouldn't have been in this situation.. we are so close to me yet we are miles apart..". Yash looks at her his eyes welling up with tears, he leaves her hand and tries to hold her face "I know.. I never listened to you.. I broke your heart.. I left you alone and I also know I don't deserve a chance.. Akshara told me everything..". She looks at him "Akshu told you.. that's why you are apologizing.. else you wouldn't have been here apologizing.. you needed someone to tell you everything....

I thought you will realise everything when you cool down.. but someone had to tell you about me.. leave me Yash.. let me go.. oh sorry.. you left me long ago". She removes his hand and goes from there, Yash's eyes unleash his tears once again. Karthik who had finally managed to escape from his fiancée's dancing spree finds Yash standing in a secluded corner and shedding silent tears seeing Unnati leave with Deepak. Unnati had gone to Deepak directly "I want go home", Deepak looks at her tear stained face "Okay let's go".

Deepak takes her to the car while Yash keeps looking at her, Karthik looks at Yash "Yash what happened.. why are you shedding tears.. why are looking at Aadhira's friend like that". Yash keeps looking at her till she is out of sight "She is my Unnati.. my darling.. my atom bomb.. but now I have lost the right to call her 'my'..". Karthik looks at him shocked "You mean she is the same Unnati", Yash nods still looking into the direction she left.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it❤️
Happy Reading 💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini