Chapter 16

Next morning, Yash calls Unnati to check if she is fine. When he calls her for the first time it keeps ringing and gets disconnect as she doesn't pick up. He again dials her number, this time she picks up. Yash "Unnati are you fine now.. has your sneezing stopped?", She was about to reply before that she sneezes again "Achoo.. Aaa.. Achoo... I.. I'm fine Doc..". He gets worried hearing her sneezes and her hoarse voice "No you are not I'm coming to your home right now", she again sneezes "Noo I'm fine.. please you would have appointments... Go to the hospital.. I'll be fine once I take a tablet and sleep", he shakes his head "I'm not hearing anything.. I'm coming there right now" and disconnects the call before she could speak further.

Unnati sits in her room holding her head as her head feels heavy with her continuous sneezing. She lies down back on the bed, uhhh.. oh noo.. he is coming.. shitt!! this house is a mess.. and to top it off he has OCD.. he is going to freak seeing the state of this house.. let me call him and stop him. She calls him, he picks it up "What happened Unnati you need something.. I'll get it on the way.. I started already", she hits her head "No I'm really fine Doc.. you please go to the hospital", "Until I make sure you are fine I'm not going anywhere".

He stops his car outside her appartment and goes to her house. He rings the bell and waits for her to open the door, she tries to put things away before he comes but she was feeling too tired to even get out of the bed that she lies back down. She gets up only when the door bell rings, she stumbles and reaches the door. She opens the door slightly "I'm fine Doc.. you saw na now go". Her nose had turned red with all the sneezing, her face had turned pale and he could feel the heat radiating from her indicating that she has high fever. He shakes his head "No you just keep quiet and move aside.. let me in", she looks at him "Doc I'm fine.." but he just pushes the door open and gets in.

Once inside, he looks at her, because of the force with which he pushes the door she was about to fall but he holds her waist helping her balance "What is your problem.. haan why are you not letting me inside.. I won't eat you up okay.. I just want to take care of you". He had not closed the door, she could see her neighbours peeping into her house trying to look who it is. She knew they would start gossiping as soon as they see him enter her house, she had heard it all "She stays all alone who knows who comes in and goes out of her appartment", "God knows where she goes and where she comes from... how do we know.. to top it off she doesn't have anyone.. why will she care for anyone".

Most of her neighbours made all sorts of gossips about her, it was only Harshita and Divya's parents that would speak up against them and shut them up. She never cared for it, she knew they could hurt her only if she let's them, She had answered them only once "Just because I don't say anything doesn't mean whatever you say about me is true.. my silence doesn't mean acceptance", that was the only answer she had given them.  But now she was a bit worried of what Yash might feel, "Who is this guy now", "Morning itself she is creating a show", "Like she cares for the kids in the appartment or how it will affect them if they see her like this", "That's why na I don't let my girls anywhere near her".

Yash anger rises hearing their taunts, he let's go of her and was about to turn to give them an answer but she holds his hand. "Do you have a little bit of shame atleast.. close the door madam.. then do whatever you want". Yash fists his hand, his eyes were turning red, she makes him look at her, she looks into his eyes "Shh Calm down.. relax it's their daily job.. don't get angry.. they want a reaction... Seeing a reaction satisfies them.. don't let them get satisfaction.. shhh... calm down baby..". She was trying to calm Yash down, she keeps looking into her eyes and that calms him down a little bit, just then they hear someone shouting at them "Don't you all have any other work than troubling her.. just because she is quiet doesn't mean it doesn't hurt her.. if you can't talk good just leave instead of uttering useless crap".

She understood it was Harshitha's mother, after everyone disperses she enters inside "Unni.. you don't listen to them ma.. dogs keep barking... Doesn't mean you have to respond back". Yash had also calmed down, she leaves his hand and turns to her "Aunty it's only you and Meena aunty who answer them back.. I tell you both also to stop worrying". She smiles and shakes her head "How can I when they say about my daughter like this.. anyway leave it.. here have this soup.. and who is this.. is he your friend". Unnati looks at Yash and turns away from him blushing but quickly covers it up "Umm you can say that Aunty.. he is Dr.Yash".

Her blush doesn't go unnoticed by Harshitha's mother, she smiles looking at her "Okay Okay.. have your soup.. I think Dr.Yash will take care of you.. I'm leaving.. bye". Yash too smiles hearing her, she leaves from there leaving them both alone. Yash makes her sit down "Where is the thermometer.. you are burning", she looks at him "I'll go bring", she was about to get but he stops her "Noo you tell me where it is". She looks at him "Umm.. it's in the drawer next to my bed", he goes inside her room and was shocked seeing the state of her room, all her things and clothes were scattered around on the bed. His OCD kicks in and his hand itches to clean the room but she was his priority right now so he gets the thermometer from her bedside drawer.

He goes to her taking the thermometer and puts in her mouth to check her temperature. She was burning with a temperature of 102 F, she opens her mouth to say something but he just glares at her "I told you na.. don't drench in the rain but you don't listen.. see now you have high fever and cold too..". She again tries to say something but he stops her "Quiet.. just drink the soup.. I'll go get tablets for you". She looks at the soup and makes a face🤢 "Noo.. I didn't say anything to Aunty because I didn't want to hurt her but I hateeee soup.. especially vegetable soup".

He sits next to her and takes the bowl of soup in his hand "Come on Unnati be a good girl.. and drink it", she shakes her head and turns away closing her mouth tightly. He looks at her "Darling.. come on.. look at me", she shakes her head. He puts the bowl down and turns her towards himself, she keeps blinking looking at him, why is she cute even while she is sick. He pulls her closer, she keeps looking at him "Wh.. what a.. are you doing". He looks at her and whispers huskily "You are not drinking the soup when I say gently.. so I have make you drink it in a different way na..", she gulps looking at him "Soo.. what are you.. going to do". He keeps looking at her "Soo.. You will drink from me".

He cups her face and leans in closer, her lips part looking at him, he sneakily takes a spoon of soup and puts it in her mouth. She looks at him shocked while he chuckles looking at her "Now will you drink without any drama or you want me to actually make you drink it". She gulps and drinks the soup fastly, her eyes were still widened in shock for the stunt he had performed while he keeps chuckling looking at her. He goes to room and brings out the tablets box, he makes her have a paracetamol and an Antibiotic "Now go sleep.. wait how will you sleep in that mess.. I'll clear it". She looks at him "No it's okay... I'll clear it", she stands up to go but stumbles "You are not able to even walk properly you will clean the mess.. sit down here.. I'll be back in 10 minutes".

He rolls his sleeves and goes into her room, he clears her room a little bit and come back "Now it's better.. come", he holds her hand and takes her to the room. She keeps looking at him, nobody till now had cared so much for her except Akshara, and now she started loving the care he was showing for her. He makes her lie down and cover a blanket over her, he too sits down next to her "Doc go to hospital na.. it's getting late.. your patients will be waiting..", he looks at her smiling and caresses her forehead "I don't have any appointments today darling.. and I have informed in the hospital that I will not be coming today.. you sleep.. your personal doctor will be with you all day long.. close your eyes darling". She holds his hand and drifts into sleep.

He was making his way deeper into her heart, she knew she was falling for him but seeing his care, she felt as if someone was tugging her heartstrings. He was showering her with the love and care that she had been yearning for. The void space in her heart was getting filled with his love and care being showered on her.

That's all for now guys.
Hope you all like it❤️
Happy Reading💙
Yours lovingly
-Dharini