Prologue - Written in our stars

Geet had fallen asleep on her desk on her laptop. Ajay who was sleeping on the couch in their office had woken up in the middle of the night. He sees Geet sleeping on her desk and goes near her and removes the laptop from below her head.

Ajay looks at her, this girl does she ever listen to me.. no she has to do only what she wants.. If I tell her right she goes left.. what does she have against me even I don't know.. always has that serious face when I'm around but when it's someone else she keeps smiling.. what am I a monster that's going to eat her if she smiles.. yeah right you would do that also.. remember how you look at her when she smiles.. you go all dreamy.. No I don't.. yeah yeah keep saying it to yourself.

He shakes away his thoughts and lifts her in his arms and takes her to the couch making her lie down. He removes her glasses and puts it on the table next to her, he smiles looking at her, she is cute though. He goes back to his desk, he keeps looking at her from his dimly lit table lamp.

She was working hard to develop the app he wanted for his startup. She had not slept properly for the last two days. So she had ended up sleeping in the middle of work today. She was snoring softly, he chuckles looking at her, and she says she doesn't snore at night.. well if she sleeps only she will know that.. I don't understand how this woman even functions without sleep. He too drifts into sleep sitting in his chair gazing at her.

Next morning, Geet feels the sunlight peeping through the window and falling on her face. Her sleep gets disturbed and she keeps tossing around and suddenly she falls down the couch with a thud "Ahhhh". Ajay wakes up with a jerk hearing her, he looks at her and starts laughing "What did you do that you fell from the couch". She keeps glaring at him as he keeps laughing looking at her on the floor. She stands up "I turned around and fell.. it happens.. there is nothing to laugh about it Mr.Mehra"

She then looks at the couch confused "Wait how did I get here.. you were sleeping here.. I was working sitting there". He keeps looking elsewhere, shit!! What do tell her that I carried her here.. no no!!.. not at all!!.. I cannot say that to her!!.. think think something Ajay, "Umm.. I.. I woke up to use the restroom in the midnight.. when I came back you were sleeping on the couch Ms.Kashyap.. you took my place.. so I had to sleep sitting on the chair". She keeps thinking, what I did!??.. I usually don't.. so stupid I'm.. why did I take his place.. such an Idiot you are Geet. She shakes her thoughts and looks at him "Sorry.. I'll go home now.. it's getting late.. I'll come by the evening and again work on it"

He looks at her "Even I'm going home I'll drop you", she looks elsewhere "I'll go by myself". He sighs "We are going to the same house why take different vehicles..", she looks elsewhere "But..". He looks at her "I know we both haven't accepted this relationship.. but let's not do this in front of our family". She thinks for a while and nods agreeing to him.

They both leave for Mehra Mansion from the office. Both of them greet their mom and dad and go to their room. Geet looks at him "Umm I'll go get ready in the guest room.. you can get ready in your room", Ajay looks at her "You get ready here I'll go to the guest room", Geet looks at him "But..", Ajay takes his clothes "It's okay Ms.Kashyap.. you can get ready here.. I think you are already getting late for your institute", Geet nods and goes to freshen up.

They both get ready and go for breakfast. Everyone was waiting for them at the dining table. Vish looks at them smiling, she turns to Roshini and Aakash "Maa dad someone said they didn't want to marry.. now morning and night he is with her only". Their mom and dad chuckle while Ajay hears her and glares at her "Vish will you shut up", Vikrant chuckles "She is saying the truth Ajju.. admit it.. nowadays your day starts with her and nights end with her.. even if it's at your office".

Ajay glares at him also "Shut up Anna". Geet was silently having her breakfast even after hearing them. Soon everyone completes their breakfast, Ajay "Maa dad I'm going to the office", Kailash turns to Ajay "Bro take some rest also na.. you both seriously need rest". Ajay looks at him "Kailash mine is a startup.. you too know that.. if I have to make it a success I need to work hard baby bro.. (he looks at Geet).. and as far as Geethanjali is concerned.. if she wants she can take rest.. I'm not forcing her"

Geet looks at Kailash "I'm fine Kailash.. it's not tiring.. I'll be done in two weeks". Roshini looks at Ajay and Geet "Okay okay enough work.. my babies.. if you remember you both got married only 2 weeks ago.. do you both remember that?.. how about some honeymoon planning". They both look elsewhere, Geet keeps fidgeting "Umm Aun.. sorry Maa.. I don't think right now would be good..", Ajay joins her "Hmm yes Maa now is not the right time.. maybe later".

Aakash looks at them "But children.. how about a little small weekend out atleast.. you both have been working non stop", Geet keeps fidgeting thinking how to refuse. Ajay looks at Geet and finds her fidgeting uncomfortably "Dad please may be later.. not now", everyone sigh and nod.

Ajay and Geet leave from home, Ajay turns to Geet "Umm.. I'm sorry for the.. honeymoon thing", Geet looks at him "It's okay Mr.Mehra.. it's not your fault.. we are married in front of them.. only we know the truth of this marriage..". He nods "Yeah.. and thank you.. for understanding Ms.Kashyap", Geet gives him a small smile "It's mutual Mr.Mehra".

His heart skips a beat seeing her smile, she smiled at me.. Yayyy!!.. finally she smiled at me.. such a beautiful smile she has.. I can stay watching her smile all day long.. whattt.. what the fuck!!.. seriously what am I thinking.. watch her smile all day.. Godd!! I'm going crazy.. I probably need some rest.. that's why such stupid thought are creeping up my mind.. really you never thought her smile is beautiful before.. shut up!!

He was staring at her while having a mental debate with himself, she shifts uncomfortably feeling his continuous gaze "Umm I'll leave.. it's getting late", he comes out of his daze and looks at her "Ummm.. yeah.. sorry.. you should go.. even I need to..". They both leave in the opposite directions.

✨✨✨

Here's the prologue of Ajay and Geet's new story💖

Do let me know your views❤️

#Ajeet💕 will be back after 'Tied by Destiny'