Chapter Two: Fresh Start Didn't Last Long

I got the call that I made the cheer team an hour after I got back from the dorm. It was funny to me that a few years ago nobody even watched my routine and now they made the decision the day of. 

It had been a day or two since making the team and I was already being swept into the world of frat parties. I was even asked to bid for a few sororities. Today was my first college party, or well I guess my first party ever that wasn't a pity invite! Abby and I planned to go to tonight's frat party together since we were both a bit nervous. 

I didn't have much experience with parties and considering the last party I went to I broke a chair with my ass...my expectations were low. I decided on my outfit hours ago after trying on nearly everything in my closet. I picked a short mini skirt that showed off my long legs, no longer stumpy but tanned from laying out in the sun and toned from running every day.

I paired the skirt with a cute white corset top that was cropped to show my new flat stomach. My mom had taken me to get my belly button pierced this summer as a 'reward' for my weight loss. Even though my body has changed I wasn't sure I could go a whole night in a crop top without doing my typical poses. These poses ranged from crossing my arms over my stomach, sitting holding a pillow over my stomach or constantly sucking in.

With one last look in the mirror, I fixed my hair which I straightened and put my contacts in which had replaced my ugly horn-rimmed glasses. My green eyes stared back at me, they looked bigger than normal or maybe I was just looking for new things to dislike about myself.

Stepping into the dorm hall I stumble into someone without looking. Soft hands steady me and before I can get out an apology I lose my ability to speak because a cute guy is holding me. Not everyone has moved in yet so I haven't met everyone on my floor but I know I would remember this face if I had seen it before.

"Hey sorry about that, are you okay?" he asks me while I tried to form words.

"Yeah. I'm fine I wasn't looking I'm sorry" this is all I can get out before barreling down the hallway towards Abby's door. Okay so that didn't go that well but it could've gone worse. Just because I looked different didn't mean I suddenly gained the ability to talk to cute boys.

I was lacking in the experience department and wasn't exactly spoiled for choice back home. I remember Tommy Hall invited me on a date in grade nine and I spent hours searching "how to kiss" on youtube just for him to stand me up. It was probably for the best because I don't think the youtube videos helped much.

I was still the same loser. I just looked different but I had a plan. I could just get it all over with, my virginity, my first kiss, all of it. I would do it with someone I didn't know and that way if it was bad I would never have to see them again. Perfect Plan... except it required a boy to see my body naked and I don't think I would ever be ready for that. So really it wasn't sex I was scared of I was more scared of someone seeing me without clothes on.

Abby looks stunning when she opens her door, she is in a cute jean skirt paired with a green halter top. Her hair is in one of those claw clips with a few pieces out of it framing her face.

"Oh my gosh, you look so good!" I give her a once over and she blushes.

"Oh stop I knew I had to dress up if I was going to stand next to you all night! I mean come on Juliet look at you" she smiles back at me and I feel myself blushing right back.

When we arrive at the frat things are already in full swing. I didn't know where the cheer team hangs out at these parties so I was feeling a little anxious until I heard my name being called.

"Juliet, Abby over here girls!" The captain of the cheer squad Amy waves us over to the couches where I recognize the girls from tryouts. My anxiety eased when I sit on the couch next to Amy who made room for me and Abby.