Chapter Eighteen: Goodnight Sweet Prince

I am glad I have Warner on my team because I am horrible. I look sheepishly at Warner after throwing my third air ball of the game. These people took this game so seriously, some guy I didn't even know was standing right by the table as if he was some referee. Every time my elbows went over the table he would call me out, how was I supposed to cheat with him watching?

"You're lucky you are cute Jules because I don't think you have a future career in this." Warner was only joking but the only word I caught onto is cute.

Thanks to Warner we still somehow won the game and It keeps me distracted from Adam and Emily who are still in deep conversation on the couch. She is sitting on his lap and they are talking so closely that all she has to do was shift forward and their lips will touch. I felt a pain in the pit of my stomach, she looks over at me and smiles like she knows how I feel. I had to force myself to look away because at the rate it is going it looks like they might kiss.

People start to show up and Amy's house is getting more crowded by the minute. I look to find Abby and Winston but they had gone upstairs a while ago to 'check out the floorplan' and I don't think they will be back for a bit. I mean that is understandable considering how hot Abby looked in her costume.

After Adam sees our game ended he finally comes over and I notice him stumble a bit. Warner was right he is definitely drunk. I have never seen him like this, normally I am the drunk one.

"You look great." He gives me a once over but Emily is still in earshot, sitting on the couch.

"Thanks." I just nod, I am not interested in whatever weird plan Emily has.

"It just sucks I have to spend the whole night watching you flirt with my best friend.", Adam does not look like his normal self, he looks sad and his speech is a bit slurred.

I open my mouth but decide it isn't worth it. I thought Adam was supposed to be nice. Whatever has gotten into him, I am not interested in it. It is also hilarious for him to say that to me when Emily was in his lap a few minutes ago. All Warner and I did is play beer pong.

"Wait," He calls and he tries following me as I scurry away. It's not long before he catches up and pulls me back by the arm. His fingers curl around my forearm as he looks at me with confusion written all over his face. How could he be confused as to why I don't want to talk to him?

"What's wrong? Why aren't you talking to me?" 

I open my mouth but he cuts me off, "Is it because of what I said about you and Warner? Look I'm sorry about that, really sorry. I just see you guys together sometimes and I get jealous. And Emily was putting thoughts in my head."

I cross my arms annoyed. Why would he believe anything she said?

"Please forgive me Juliet; I'm an idiot so just forget about that."

"You got the idiot part right."

Warner's lazy drawl has the hair on the back of my neck standing up. I know he's right behind me because I can feel his breath fanning the nape of my neck. He's angry, that much I can tell.

Adam is way too drunk, his fingers are around my arm not knowing his strength. My arms are also pretty weak at the moment so it makes me wince.

"You are way too drunk Adam. Let's just get you out of here before you say some stuff you regret, you can let go of her." I get chills just from listening to Warner's voice. He never uses that tone but I have to say, he sounds hot.

"It's fine Warner just let me talk to him alone." As much as I love having Warner to help I know it might make it worse given Adam's current state.

Warner doesn't look happy that I dismissed him like this, he walks away to the Keg and I see the girls walking over as soon as they see he is alone.