Chapter Eleven: Straight into the Lion's Den

It is Thanksgiving weekend, and I am choosing to spend it alone in the dorms. Everyone was busy talking about how excited they were to see their families and eat a feast, but I dreaded going home, so much so that I decided not to go. 

My mom doesn't know my decision yet; I was planning on coming down with the flu. I kept meaning to call her, but I am too nervous she will see through my lies. My hometown brings back bad memories and the last thing I want to do is visit it.

I had big plans this thanksgiving. It involved me with the whole dorm floor to myself. I would watch every episode of love island in front of the tv without any distractions or anybody judging my horrible taste in tv shows.

"Juliet, are you listening? I said you could totally just come to my house for the break. I'm leaving now, just come." Abby made her family seem terrifying. Not in a scary way but I don't think I would fit in plus I had a date with Love Island season 7.

"No, It is totally okay. I am going to enjoy my time here running the place." I smile and move around my cereal. I have mastered the art of looking like I am eating. I would move the food around, and sometimes I would bring the cereal to my mouth but right when I was about to eat I would start talking and put the spoon down.

Almost everyone on our floor had gone home already, so after I hugged Abby goodbye I knew I was completely alone and dumped my cereal in the garbage can.

"Seems like a waste of perfectly good cereal." Warner's voice makes me jump up. I blush and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. Well, I guess not everyone had gone home.

Warner is looking as handsome as ever with his green eyes piercing into my soul. One look from him and sometimes I am a stuttering mess.

"I wasn't hungry." I shrug my shoulders and head to my room but he blocks my path.

"Why aren't your bags packed?" he looks genuinely confused.

"Um, because I'm not going home?"

"Well, that's funny because I was given strict instructions from Tracey that we were carpooling home together. Your mom also called me and thanked me in advance." He was amused to be the one to tell me this information.

"Well, that sucks because I had some pretty big things planned this weekend and none of them involve being stuck in a car with you so sorry but no." I put my hands on my hips and give him my meanest stare but he doesn't even flinch.

_______

20 MINUTES LATER 

I can't believe I'm back in Warner's car. At this point, I should probably buy some magazines and some snacks due to the amount of time I have been spending here.

He at least let me have control of the music, and unlike last time, the music actually works in the car and I am able to play my favourite playlist.

"So I made plans for us tonight." Warner makes me drop my phone in shock. 

Us? Plans?

He can tell from my face that I am caught off guard. "We are going to go to one of James Stone's parties" he smiles and I can't tell if it is a joke.

James Stone was from our high school. Not only that but he had never once invited me to one of his parties. In fact, I am pretty sure he invited everyone BUT me. Would Sierra be there? I could feel my heartbeat getting faster and faster.

"That is a mean joke, Warner." I cross my arms and face out the window. He knew I was never invited to anything involving that crowd. 

"It's not a joke Jules. You're going to go and you are going to have fun."