Chapter Nineteen: Greek Goddesses Don't Have Braces

I wake up hangover free and it's a nice change, I know Adam probably isn't feeling so fresh this morning. After last night I am starting to think that Jiggly Juliet was onto something when it came to staying in on Halloween. 

Today was actually Halloween and tonight instead of going to a sweaty frat party we were going out to a club. I have never been to a club before, mostly because I am underage but also because nobody has ever invited me.

This was a whole new territory, I have mastered the art of house parties but a club is a whole new territory. There is no beer pong or sweaty frat boys who smell like cheap beer..or would there be? I also don't know if my fake ID will even work.

What I did know is I have to look hot, Abby and I were doing our Victoria Secret Angel costume tonight and I was actually excited to put mine on. So excited that the first thing I did when I got up was try on my costume.

When I change into it, it's baggy on me, I know I shouldn't but I feel a sense of pride that I have managed to lose this much weight. But at the same time now I don't have a costume.

Shit.

I walk into the common room hoping to find Abby, she is going to be upset since we planned to match. Unfortunately, there is no way I can wear the costume and I do not have time to get it hemmed for tonight. I find her eating breakfast at the table with Warner next to her, they seem to be deep in conversation until I walk in.

"Hey, sexy angel! Are you ready for tonight? I tried on my costume already this morning I am so excited to go to an actual club." Abby smiles wide at me.

"That's why I came out here It doesn't fit it's too big." I try to act shocked as if I haven't spent the entire week drinking green juice and running laps on the track.

"What? Juliet, we just tried this on in the store last week, what happened?" Abby looks concerned and suddenly my 'proud' weight-loss moment is over.

"I don't know I probably just bought the wrong size." I shrug, knowing my acting skills definitely need some work.

Especially when I see Warner's whole body stiffen when he looks in my direction. It is clear that he does not buy my 'oops wrong size' act at all.

Abby looks like she wants to say more but I give her the eyes and she stops. Warner on the other hand is suspiciously quiet, normally he would be shoving a sandwich in my face at this point. He looks deep in thought.

"Now you don't have a costume!" Abby was panicking more than I was.

"It's fine I'll find something."

I am lying, I have no idea how I am supposed to find a costume by tonight. Warner grabs his car keys and walks out of the room without another word.

Where is he going?

I grab my green juice from the fridge and take a huge gulp. After tonight I can end this juice cleanse and put myself out of my misery. I take my juice to my room and change into my running gear, one last run before tonight and then I could drink whatever I wanted.

_______

My run is slower than usual, my body isn't happy with me. Running on a juice cleanse is hell but for once my mom's toxic tips have come in handy. I texted her about my weight loss and it seemed that was all I needed to say for her to forgive me about thanksgiving. 

I get out of the elevator still out of breath. When I walk to my door I almost step on something placed outside it. It is a black box, with a bow on it and a note attached.

Jules,

Heard you needed a costume for tonight

Warner