Chapter Eight: All Virgins Hate Never Have I Ever

I wake up with a smile on my face. I had my first kiss, and it was with Adam, an actual cute nice guy who wanted to kiss me. I fill Abby in on the details when she wakes up, and she is upset that she slept through the kiss. I tell her that next time, she can watch if it will make her happy. 

I go to shower and have quite a pep in my step for someone with morning classes. I almost don't notice someone sneaking out of Warner's room in last night's clothes.

"Emily?" I call out to her, and she stops in her tracks; at first, she looks guilty, but when she sees that it's just me, she smiles.

"Well, I guess the introduction worked?" I joke, gesturing between yesterday's outfit and Warner's door.

"Oh my God, Juliet, best night ever. I LOVE college." She cheers.

After a long shower, I pick out a cute outfit for class. The prelaw program is massive, so it is hard to stand out to any professor. I always sit in the front of the class, hoping that the professors will recognize my face when I visit during their office hours. Warner, however, sits at the back, and I know this because he did the same thing in high school. I don't understand why every annoying jock feels the need to sit at the back as if it makes them cool. If anything, it just makes it harder to hear the teacher talk. 

I walk into my tort law class ten minutes early, get out my laptop and open my lecture notes document. Five minutes later, someone sits next to me, and I am shocked to see Emily; she was in a new outfit from this morning.

"I didn't know you were in prelaw." 

"Yeah, I am! That's why I wanted the introduction to Warner. I knew he was prelaw too, and that way, we can be a power couple." She looks back when she says this and I assume it is to look back at Warner. 

"I am surprised you're not sitting with him then." I joke.

"Well, I was going to until I saw you! I had no idea you were prelaw either, and I would love to be friends. Hoes over, bros" she smiles at me and I'm glad she chose to sit with me.

Once our class starts, I go into focus mode, jotting down all of the talking points onto my document. After the lecture ends, I let out a deep sigh.

"Wanna study tonight? I can come over to your dorm, and I will bring study snacks" Emily starts putting her stuff away, and I can't help but notice she is looking towards the door where Warner is already walking. Something told me the real reason she wanted to come to my dorm wasn't for me.

"Yeah, sure, I will see you then." 

She barely acknowledges my acceptance because she is already heading towards the door, following Warner like a lost puppy. Before she can reach him, the professor speaks into the microphone.

"Warner Brooks and Juliet Grayson, could you please stay behind for a second?" Our professor looks straight at me, and I see Warner stop in his tracks. Emily looks annoyed, but Warner smirks when he sees me staring at him.

We both walk up to the professor's desk while the rest of our classmates leave the room.

"Hi, It's nice to meet you guys outside of a lecture. I have read both of your transcripts, and I must say they are quite impressive. It must be nice having someone from the same high school here."

I smile, not able to get words out; luckily, Warner can talk for the both of us. "Thank you, sir. Yes, it is nice to have a familiar face."

"The law society is hosting a thanksgiving dinner this week for our clients from our pro bono cases. Many of these people come from some tough home lives, so we like to host a night for them. Our law students typically help out with cooking and serving at the event but its normally upper years."