Chapter Twenty Five: I'm Yours

He doesn't answer the door, so I take matters into my own hands. I swing open Warner's door not caring what or who he was doing.

He's on his phone, by the window, not taking any notice that I'm staring at him. He must have just come out of the shower because a towel is wrapped around his waist and is hanging dangerously low, displaying that lovely v-line.

Water drips from his hair and trickles down his naked abdomen and I swear I stop breathing for a second as I watch that lone drop of water run down over each crevice of his abs and disappear under the towel.

I'm not proud of myself for this stalker moment, especially because he is the last person I should be ogling, but I can't help it. Once I snap myself out of it I squeal and turn around. I hear him grunt goodbye to whoever was on the phone and then some shuffling around.

"Okay you can turn around now" he sounds amused.

I turn slowly with my hands still over my eyes, I peer between my fingers and let out a sigh of relief. He has clothes on now, but his hair is still wet and some droplets run down his neck. I'm totally not checking out his long, slightly muscular legs and his hands that look absolutely exquisite, especially with the rings on his fingers. Nor am I staring at how his full mouth is curled up into a little smile or how his cheeks are flushed slightly pink and that jawline that could probably cut through stone. Nope, not at all.

I am mad, I need to remember that I am mad at him. I couldn't let him distract me with his looks. He doesn't look amused anymore when he sees my face, he knows something is wrong.

"Why are you upset with me?"

"Because this is what you do, you upset me" I didn't mean to be so harsh but I had Emily's words fresh in my mind. Warner looked a bit wounded.

He only ever started liking you when you lost weight.

The words rang in my ears

He only noticed you when you got rid of those horrible braces and acne

Stop

Do you really think he would be paying you this much attention if you looked like you did in high school?

It was taking everything not to run out of the room like the coward I was. I channelled the anger I felt to speak up.

"Is there something you want to say to me?" he didn't move any closer to me, he seemed to sense that one wrong move and I would lose it.

"We have known each other since we were four years old Warner."

"Yes I know how long it's been Juliet I was there" he smiles trying to ease the tension in the room but it doesn't work.

"No, I am saying that you have known me your whole life and never once did you ever try to kiss me or treat me the way you do now. For years I've been right here just waiting for you to see me. I was right there in front of you and you never did. You didn't notice me, not until I changed my appearance" I was raising my voice with each word, unable to control my rage. 

"Juliet I-"

"Do you have any idea how stupid I look? You didn't give me a second glance a year ago and now all of a sudden you are my knight in shining armour? All of a sudden you want to kiss me? It's bullshit!" I am raging not letting him even get a word in.

"And I fell for it, I fell for it like the idiot I am. God Emily was right, I am an idiot" I put my head in my hands in frustration. I bet he was laughing at me with his friends about how gullible I was. But when I look at him he's not laughing. He looked...hurt?