Chapter Twenty Nine: Why Don't You Eat?

TW: ED Content

I felt lightheaded walking back to the dorm with Warner hand in hand, but I didn't think it was just because of how giddy he made me feel. I hadn't eaten and after jumping around for hours It felt like the ground was starting to shift beneath me.

We entered the dorm and got to the kitchen when I felt wobbly and tightened my grip on Warner's hand. He frowned at me.

"Sorry just feeling lightheaded I think I need to lie down." I let go of his hand and started walking to my room, but I stumbled on my way my vision blurring. The next thing I knew I was headed to the floor, but Warner was at my side in an instant holding my body up to his. I had passed out for a second or two.

He didn't say anything as he guided me into my room and onto my bed. He took my shoes off for me and tucked me under the covers. He didn't look upset until he looked over at my desk spotting the muffin he brought me this morning sitting on my desk untouched.

His entire body tensed and if I wasn't so fatigued, I would have stopped what he did next. He reached into my garbage bin and found every bit of food he had given me this week. The granola bars were all uneaten and sat in the bottom of the bin.

Silence hung in the air, neither one of us making a move. Warner's hand was almost shaking at his side. I didn't know what to do or say. I watched one hand clench and unclench at his side, his eyes darkened as he glared over at me.

"I know what you are doing, and I can't ignore it any longer. Juliet why don't you eat?" he broke the silence between us.

"I eat. I just forgot to eat today" I lied staring at a spot on my wall. I wanted this conversation to end, I wanted him to leave me alone.

"Aren't you tired of it?" he asks.

"Tired of what?" I whisper refusing to meet his gaze.

"Lying to me" his voice was icy with rage now.

"I don't know what you are talking about I-"

"For fucks safe!" He yells hitting his hand down on my desk in frustration. "Don't give me that bullshit, I know you know what I am talking about. You might be fooling everyone around you, but you are not fooling me."

I sideglance his way to see him pace away from the desk but then make his way back to it running his hands through his hair and then down his face in frustration. I say nothing.

"At first, I tried to convince myself that I was just being paranoid. And in the beginning, I knew you wouldn't open up to me because you didn't even want to be my friend. But I thought things were different now I thought you might trust me with this. I can't ignore it any longer you need help."

I cut him off before he could say anything else, panic in my voice. "No, I am fine alright? You have no idea what you are talking about, I am handling things on my own." I did not want to be sent to some looney bin or some clinic. I didn't want people to know.

"It's not a fucking discussion, okay?" I flinched at his already raised voice. "Whether you want me to or not. I am going to do something about this. I am going to help."

I pressed my lips together and looked anywhere but at him, trying to think of a response. I didn't expect anyone to notice, I didn't think anyone paid that much attention to me. I thought I hid my habits well.

"I have it under control" I lie.

I didn't have the energy to argue with him, but I couldn't simply sit and agree with him. I was at a loss for words at being called out. At the idea that I do have a problem. Especially since he was yelling at me over it. My mom had done nothing but praise this part of me so having someone mad over it was new.