Chapter Thirty-Two: Now You Can Have It

"You can't wear that." Kenji is looking at me with his arms crossed whilst Warner is sitting at my desk going through the drawers.

"Stop snooping Warner!" I walk over and shut the drawers he opened. I had no idea what he was looking for, but he needed to stop before he found something embarrassing.

"And what is wrong with this outfit?" I frown. I didn't want to wear anything revealing after the big meal I had just eaten, the thought of wearing a tight dress made me sick

"You look Amish! How about this?" Kenji grabs a little black dress from my closet. I snatch it from his hands and go to the bathroom to try it on. God, it was like having a male version of Abby around. It was bad enough trying to keep my mom out of the room from giving her opinions but now I had Kenji commenting on my outfits as well.

I looked in the mirror and sighed because Kenji was right, this dress was way better than the outfit I had on before. It held up my boobs nicely so I didn't have to wear a bra and it was flattering on my legs since it ended mid-thigh. The only issue was it was tight and I was scared that it would show off my bloating from dinner. Maybe I could bring a jacket?

I step out and Kenji smiles at me "See, now that is what I'm talking about, you look hot. If Warner hadn't threatened to rip off my balls if I flirted with you, I would totally be trying to get with you."

"Thank you, Kenji, for ensuring Juliet wears the shortest and tightest dress she has to a party full of single men." Warner shoots Kenji a glare.

But then his gaze goes to me and he eyes me up and down in a way that heats my entire body. "But since I'm the one who will get to enjoy it up close and personal, I suppose I should be thanking you." He gets up from the chair and moves toward me. He's so close that he touches his nose to mine. Leans into my neck and wraps a piece of my hair around his fingers. "I can't wait to take it off of you at the end of the night," he whispers, and my eyes widen.

"Hey, no secrets! What did you say?" Kenji pouts.

"I was telling Juliet how I can't wait to get her alone so I can-"

"Oh my god, please lower your voice my mother is probably sitting at the door eavesdropping."

"I will not."

"Why not?"

"Because if I lower my voice, I won't be able to hear myself speak. And that," he says, "is my favourite part."

______

The three of us stood in front of Dante's house and I smoothed down my hair for the fifth time in a row. I was so nervous I couldn't stop fidgeting. I started tapping my foot, the nerves were getting to me. These were Warner's actual friends, I couldn't embarrass him.

"Stop looking so nervous," Warner mutters out of the corner of his mouth.

"I'm not nervous," I lie, bouncing on my feet.

"Just relax." He straightens his jacket.

"You're the one fidgeting," I taunt.

"Because you're making me fidget" he bickers back.

"Alright you two, am I going to have to separate you?" Kenji chimes in and I giggle.

We walk in and are immediately met by the familiar scent of pot and cheap beer. I didn't know anyone at this party so for once I didn't have to worry about running into Sierra or any other people from high school who made my life hell. These were Kenji and Warner's actual friends and that made it scary in an entirely different way. I wanted these people to like me.

After mingling and some introductions we found a more chilled-out room where some guys were sitting, passing a joint around. I pull my dress down as much as possible when I catch the gaze of a guy in a green shirt eyeing me for a little too long.