Chapter Fifteen: Emily Might Actually Be a Demon

A week had passed since Warner basically broke into my room at 430 am. Since then we have basically avoided each other, well I was avoiding him. He just hasn't been bothering me anymore, which I guess is what I asked for. I never thought I would miss his friendship but I did. Especially when he had Emily over, who was still the devil in disguise.

The only good part about thanksgiving being over meant that Halloween was close. This was going to be my first Halloween with my new look. Which meant it was the first year I could wear a slutty tight costume and not be made fun of. Sure I would still be incredibly insecure and worry about my body the whole night but I knew that would happen no matter what weight I was. 

The opportunities were endless, for years I watched from the sidelines but now I was invited to a real Halloween party. I laughed thinking about my last Halloween. I stayed in to hand out candy like I had every year previously while my mom was the one out partying. I took photos of her and her friends from pilates class before they left and I must say their costumes were quite revealing for a bunch of 40-year-olds. It was a role reversal, driving my mom and her friends off that night, warning them not to drink too much. The rest of my night was pretty great, I ate an entire family pack of Halloween candy and watched American Horror Story alone.

Although I had fun, I remember scrolling on Instagram the next day and seeing stories and posts of everyone out with their friends and their costumes and I remember feeling completely alone. I vowed I would make it to one of those parties and post a picture like that and here I was out shopping for costumes with Abby and Sarah a year later.

Sarah and I kept in touch after the banquet, it was nice having an upper-year pre-law student as a friend here. She was a great study partner and she also wasn't interested in popularity or cheerleading, she just liked reading. Having her and Abby together was a comedic show in itself watching two polar opposite girls shop.

"Okay how about this one Sarah? I mean there is hardly any boob showing, it is a high neck top." Abby holds up a devil bodysuit with a high neck but the bad part was it was a bodysuit meaning Sarah's ass would be hanging out entirely. 

"Um yeah maybe with some shorts that could work." Sarah was too nice to say anything but she gives me a pleading look. 

"Abby let's focus on your costume, what are you thinking? You have to have something hot for Winston." I wriggle my eyebrows at her and she blushes. Winston from our floor and her have been spending a lot of time together lately.

"You're right but you also need something hot for Adam." She makes me blush right back so I pretend to sort through the clothes rack. Ever since Warner backed off like I asked, I have been spending a lot of time with Adam. Sure it's a bit awkward since they're best friends but he doesn't seem to care too much.

"Not just for Adam." Sarah makes a side comment to herself but I hear her. I give her a look and she gives me an innocent one right back.

"Well we obviously need more than one costume, we cant repeat our costumes if we go to multiple parties. I am thinking we should do Victoria's Secret Angels. Sure it is basic but Halloween isn't about being creative it's about dressing like a slut and not getting judged." Abby has a point. Plus calling girls basic was just stupid, every time teenage girls like something men just hate on them for no reason. 

"I like the idea." 

We buy our costumes and head out to Sarah's car. After about 15 minutes of karaoke to One Direction in the car, we arrive back at the dorms. There is a soccer game tonight and that meant Abby and I had to go to the field early to warm up and get ready. I don't pay too much attention to school rivalries but apparently, today's game was a big one. Westshore against Laurier.