Chapter Thirty-Three: Hot Criminal

"I can't believe you guys convinced me to do this." I was standing in front of Marcus's prized Audi with a can of spray paint in my hand.

"Well, you haven't started writing yet, we are waiting." Kenji stood next to me.

"What do I even write?"

"Come on you are a smart girl with a vast vocabulary. I can think of a few words to describe Marcus just to get you started, Asshole, Dipshit, Jackass, Dickhead. You get the point." Warner chimes in from the other side of me.

I think back to all of the horrible things Marcus did to me throughout high school from breaking my chair at that pool party to the constant taunts and insults he threw at me. I thought of how once he started dating Sierra he only become crueller. That's all I needed to think about for me to start spray painting some choice words on his car. His prized possession.

I stood back when my work was done and smiled proudly. Kenji and Warner stood on either side of me just as proud. We ran back to the car in a fit of giggles like the criminals we were. I never knew breaking the law could be so fun.

"Can I just say you look very hot getting revenge. The sight of you spray painting and keying cars in that dress does something to me." Warner starts driving down the road but his gaze flicks to me.

"Well thank you. It's good to know I make a hot criminal."

I drop my voice to a whisper just in case Kenji might hear "I should let you know I did it all without wearing any underwear."

Warner's head snaps towards me at my confession. He stops at a red light and his gaze drifts down to the bottom of my dress.

"Don't do this to me." He groans.

"Don't do what?" Kenji pops his head in between the passenger and driver's seat.

"Nothing" we both answer in unison. Then we look at each other and burst out laughing.

"Ugh, If I am going to third wheel you two the least you could do is let me in on the joke." He pouts.

I ignore his pouts, I doubted he wanted to know I wasn't wearing any underwear. Instead, I change the topic back to revenge and ask "Who's next?"

This earns an approving look from both guys.

"Oh, I have a long list of people that were mean to you and I plan to visit every single one of them." Warner's hand tightens on the steering wheel and the other is on my knee with a reassuring squeeze.

I look at him and my heart squeezes. Warner genuinely wanted to do this, he wanted to make these people pay just for hurting me. I felt so appreciative of him, I didn't deserve him. The smile on his face was enough to make me want to grab him and kiss him all over. I had never had someone do anything like this for me.

"Juliet stop looking at me like that or I will have to do something about it. And poor Kenji will have to be kicked out of the car so I can do what I want to."

I smirk and bite my lip but look away because I don't want our crime spree to end. I want to make my bullies pay.

_______

It was 5 am when we finish our crime spree and start driving back to Warner's house.

"This was the most fun I've had in a long time," Kenji mumbles, his eyes were closed and he was sprawled across the backseat. Two seconds later he let out a snore, the man was already asleep.

Once we put him to bed in one of the many guest rooms, Warner and I head to his room. I had not seen his room since I was a kid, and his taste was very different back then. This room was mature, it had barely any décor. A big king-size four-pollster bed sat in the middle of the room with black silk sheets.