Chapter Twenty-Eight: Possessed by a Sex Demon

I woke up and groaned, my head was pounding and I didn't even drink that much. The last thing I wanted to do today was jump up and down with a smile on my face cheering. I was beginning to think I was a horrible cheerleader. It was the last game before the winter break and knowing that was the only reason I managed to force myself out of my bed. I groaned again realizing that meant soon I would have to go home and live with my mother for a few weeks.

After showering and brushing my teeth I walked back into my room and threw my phone on my bed. I thought back to last night and how Warner left me against that wall and felt my face flush.

Warner. I wondered if his dad would be at the game today and what he would want the score to be. I wish he would open up to me about it, I didn't want to push but I doubted Warner had many people to open up to about it.

I grabbed my phone intending to send him a text but after opening our conversation thread my mind went blank. I changed into my uniform and put my hair in a high pony. I felt so tired but I knew it couldn't just be because of going out, It also had to do with the juice cleansing I was trying to do when Warner wasn't cooking for me and forcing meals down my throat.

As if on cue there was a single knock on my door before Warner came barreling through with his uniform on and his hand was holding a chocolate chip muffin and a coffee. I loved chocolate chip muffins and he knew that. I swear this man was either trying to give me diabetes or bring Jiggly Juliet back. I should be annoyed but all I could think about is last night and his touch on my-

Get your mind out of the gutter Grayson

Warner grinned at me like he knew where my mind went and he placed the muffin and coffee on my desk. Was I supposed to get up and hug him? Kiss him? I had no idea how this stuff worked and I didn't even know what we are. Why did I have to be so inexperienced and embarrassing?

Warner didn't seem to notice my inner dialogue because he just strode over to my desk and played with the ribbon in my hair.

"Is your dad coming to the game today?"

He frowned at my question. "Yes. Why?."

"Just wondering, he kind of scares me" I blurt out and mentally slap myself. But Warner just laughs to himself. Although I could see in his body language that he felt the same way and my heart clenched at the thought.

He sat down on my bed and when my gaze landed on his face, it was so serious...so damn serious. His cheek was twitching and his jaw was clenched as if he was trying hard not to say anything.

My feet carry me over to him and I sit right next to him our thighs touching. "You can tell me anything you know, you can trust me." I reached out and touched his forearm lightly and his eyes snapped up to mine. It was rare I initiated contact but I wanted him to trust me and tell me about his dad.

"I just-" he started but closed his lips again and his jaw clenched in frustration. "I am just nervous about the game today, we can't lose."

I try to not let the disappointment show on my face that he didn't tell me the truth. Well, I guess he kind of did, it must mean his dad bet on West Shores winning today. I hated seeing him like this, he wasn't his normal cocky self and I didn't think it was possible but I missed it.

I was glad he would get a break from soccer after this game. I know he loved playing but I couldn't imagine the pressure his dad put on him. I wanted to be there for him like he was there for me.

I stood up and moved to my desk missing the warmth of Warner's body against mine but I had an idea. I grabbed my lucky ribbon from my desk drawer and walked back over to Warner. "Put your hand out."