Chapter Twenty: Nice Legs

Once my makeup is done I do a twirl in front of my mirror. Yesterday I felt like I was trying to be something I wasn't, I was uncomfortable dressed in lingerie with everyone looking at me. But now standing here in this beautiful dress I feel like me, it was something I have always wanted to dress as.

It's not that I didn't enjoy putting myself out there with a more revealing costume, it just feels like since I've been here I have just been doing whatever I thought would help me fit in. It was nice to wear something that made me genuinely happy.

I put on a final coat of lip gloss just as there was a tentative knock at my door. I walk over and open it expecting Sarah or Abby but I am shocked to find a guilty-looking Adam.

"Wow," he breathes looking at me and my dress. Normally I would be flattered but I am still annoyed with him. He looks better than he did this morning, although I don't know how he could possibly go out tonight.

"I wanted to apologize, well I have wanted to apologize all day but I haven't felt the best so I waited but I'm ready now. Can I come in?"

I nod and move so he can walk past, closing the door behind me I stay standing as he stands in front of my bed.

"Juliet, I am so sorry. I let Emily get into my head and I know that's no excuse but she was feeding me some fucked up drinks and I honestly don't remember much." He looks genuinely sorry but I don't know what to do. I have to admit to myself that I might have a slight crush on Warner, but before last night things were so much easier with Adam.

"You're right it's not an excuse." I don't want to look like an idiot by forgiving him so easily.

"Please just give me a second chance, I won't be an idiot like that again I promise." He has stepped toward me and his eyes are pleading. I feel bad. Not just because he looks so sorry but also because all I can think about is Warner.

I know Adam is the safer option here, I can't put myself out there with Warner it is too scary. Here with Adam, it isn't nearly as scary and I know it sounds bad but I had no experience with guys let alone having feelings for two of them.

"Fine but just as friends. And promise to never accept a drink from Emily again." He looks sad at the word friend but still steps forward and wraps me in his arms. I know the real reason why I used the word friend, and that reason is down the hall. It feels nice being held but I can't help but compare this hug to the one I had with Warner.

It wasn't the same.

_____

We end up at a club called 'PRZYM' where Winston's cousin works. It's convenient enough because that means we get to skip the queue and no one asks us for our IDs. I was glad since mine is so bad I don't think any bouncer would let it slide. Once we walk inside I'm shocked, this was way better than a house party. The dance floor is huge, with hundreds of people in costume dancing along to music from a live DJ. There are multiple bars around the floor and seats as well as booths to sit at.

The girls and I sit in the bar section of the club which has a direct view of the dance floor and order our drinks. I let Amy make the decision on what drink I should get since I had no idea the options. Cheap beer and vodka shots were the extent of alcohol knowledge and consumption I had.

She orders me a whiskey sour and after one sip I am sold. Why have I never drank these before? It was great because it came in a glass so I couldn't check the calories or sugar content, a voice inside tells me to google it but I push it away. We drink our drinks and take a few pictures but I keep looking toward the entrance.

I'm distracted and it's annoying, I want to get lost in the music, dance with my friends, get drunk and wake up with a hangover from hell but I can't. My eyes are glued to the entrance.