Chapter 6. Secrets and lies

'Skyla...'

I turned my head to face Sideswipe. He's up to something, I saw it in his blue eyes. 'What's wrong, Sideswipe?' I asked. 'Nothing, nothing but I was thinking... you'd like to hang out with me?' I asked. I cocked my head to the side. 'You didn't want to be seen with me.' He grabbed my arm. 'I know but you know I didn't mean it,' he huffed. Sideswipe slowly turned me around, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. 'Stacy is busy so I am bored,' he said. He had literally no idea how mean that came out but decided not to comment. 'I was actually on my way back to my room...' I protested.

'Yeah, but now you are here with me,' he said. 'Sideswipe?' The mech flinched and turned around. Optimus crossed his arms. 'Prime...' He slyly greeted. 'What are you up too?' He snapped. 'Nothing, you told me to hang out with her, isn't it?' He purred. 'If you hurt her again—' Sideswipe cut him off. 'I wouldn't dare. Such a beauty.' I raised a brow. He never called me that before. Sideswipe is up to something and I wasn't sure if I liked it or not.

Sideswipe hung around me for two hours, being nice. Honestly, I felt like it was forced. He wasn't interested in me or the activities I liked to do. He was only talking about himself. At some point it became a little boring. 'Skyla, can I ask you a favor?' He questioned. I raised a brow. Here it is, the moment I've been waiting for. Two hours of life dedicated of listening how good he was and finally the real reason of hanging around me came to the light. Although, I had to admit it was a smart move to mention it after two hours of talking. I would've rejected his offer by an instant the moment he would ask if he had done it two hours ago.

'There's a party Saturday evening and I'd like to go. Can come up with a good cover story to back me up?' He asked. 'You're not allowed to go?' I asked. 'They prefer not too,' he replied. He was going to get himself into trouble but I can't make him understand that. He's too stubborn for that. He would never do a favor for me. 'Sure.' He blinked. 'Really?' I gave a small nod. 'What do you want in return?' He asked. 'Nothing.' I got up. 'Uhm... what Uh—' I joined Jazz, Mirage and Bee. I felt a wave of relief. Two hours of listening to how good Sideswipe was. It made me a bit cranky.

The mech was staring at me before he got up and left. 'How's it going between you and that idiot?' Jazz was still mad about what Sideswipe did. 'I don't know. Fine I guess,' I mumbled. Jazz was only able to shake his head. 'He's an idiot,' he scowled. I waved my hand to dismiss it. 'Please, Jazz. Leave it.' He glanced at me and shrugged. The mech snorted and took a sip of his soda. Jazz isn't the mech to be pissed off easily and this was the first time I saw him pissed like this.

An hour later, I strode into Optimus office after a knock. He was having a conversation with Prowl and Ironhide. 'I am sorry, shall I come back later?' I asked. 'No, it's fine. You can come in,' Optimus said. I shut the door behind me. 'Sideswipe asked me a favor. To make a story so he can go to the party Saturday evening. Mind if he goes?' I asked. Optimus sighed, 'I don't have problems if he goes, but I find that underhandedness annoying. He doesn't have to do it in secret, but he has to tell. I just want to know where he is.' I gave a small nod. 'Did he really tell you to talk to us?' Ironhide asked. Prowl crossed his arms. 'He wanted me to tell you because he thinks I can get done more than he can,' I said. 'True, because you don't lie,' Prowl scowled.

'Do you know where he's going?' Prime asked. I shook my head, 'no, but I assume the lake. That's where he had his last party as well,' I replied. 'Very well, tell him he can go but I don't want to find him drunk on the road again,' he said and slumbed in the chair. I gave a small nod and left. On my way through the hanger, I spotted Sideswipe's alt-mode and decided to make a quick stop. 'You can to your party.' His holoform fizzled in. 'Really? What did you tell them?' He asked. He suddenly became very interested. 'The truth, I said that you wanted to g to your party and Prime said he was good with it as long as you don't end up drunk on the road again. He told me he doesn't mind if you go but that he hates the underhandedness.'

'Just the truth?' he asked. I nodded, 'but he said yes because you asked him so...' he trailed off and turned around. 'Oh, no... he will grant it you as well if you would ask. Lying is just wrong,' I said. Sideswipe snorted, 'like you never lied before,' he mocked. 'No, I don't lie and that's why I can do everything I'd like,' I said. He gave me that arrogant bitchy look again. 'Did you ever had a boyfriend?' he suddenly asked. 'No,' I said. 'That's what I thought... you maybe wonder why,' he scowled. 'Because I rejected them... I am not going to date a guy that only wants me for status,' I said. Sideswipe glanced at me, 'you're lying.' I grabbed my phone and showed him all the text messages. He shifted uneasily and snorted. 'You are so boring, how can you possibly get so many mechs?' he muttered, mostly to himself. '

'Don't you have the same things with girls?' I asked. Sideswipe didn't reply on that which caught my attention. 'Sideswipe?' He glanced at me. 'Not like the mechs do to you... show interest,' he said. 'You talk to much about yourself,' I said. 'Yeah, because no one asks me anything about my life or interests,' he muttered. 'Did Stacy?' I asked. Sideswipe started thinking and leaned against his alt-mode. 'No... not yet. She will,' he stated. I gave a small nod. 'Alright, you're the expert, I don't know her,' I said and turned around. 'Thank you.' I looked over my shoulder. 'For helping me out with that party,' he mumbled. I turned around, stepping in front of him.

He brushed some strands from my face behind my ear. 'You are really a trouble maker,' I said. He shrugged, 'perhaps,' he muttered. I stepped back, 'what are you going to do Saturday?' he asked. 'Boring stuff,' I replied without looking at him and walked off.