Chapter 29. Ruined... again

'So... did you sort of enjoyed it?'

I glanced at him. 'I did.' A smile crept up on his face. Sideswipe stopped me and wrapped his arm around my waist. 'So? Did I earn that kiss now?' He asked. I hesitated. Deep down, I wanted it but I still felt like he did it because he wanted to have female attention and not because he liked me the way I liked him. I didn't want him to kiss me because he's horny, but because he loved me too. He squeezed my waist. 'Come on... I am so much better than Mirage and Mark.' He pressed his chest against mine. 'Sideswipe...' I sheepishly placed my hands on his chest.

'Let me kiss you and when we get at the base, you and I will have some fun in the bedroom because I think you need to get laid by me,' he whispered near my ear. I snorted and stepped back,— freeing myself from him. 'I think I am gonna walk.' He frowned. 'Why?'

'Because you will never change. I am not one of your dirty sluts. I don't want sex, I just want you. The moment I saw you I fell in love with you and I had a hard time accepting I am not made for you. For me you were just the silly mech that loves to mess around. And maybe, I didn't mind ending being your charge because it meant I had a good excuse of hanging around you. I never had the guts to introduce myself to you. I lost everything, my home, and family but then you showed up and for me, I felt like I wanted to live again. That was before I figured out you're actually a jerk and doesn't care about others but yourself. I have tried everything to get your attention, but I have never been good enough. I even started dating another guy to get over you.

Now I realize you're just never gonna change. I'll never be able to satisfy you in many ways. I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. I wanted it to work, but it won't because you're not loving me the way I love you. You're right, I am too boring for you and I don't want to get dumped like all the girls you have had for one night. So... I am gonna walk.'

I stepped back and turned around, walking off. While walking down the street, I brushed some tears off my cheeks. It will hurt for a while, but I'll get over it. Somewhere I have always known it wouldn't work out the way I wanted it. I grabbed my phone and dialed Mirage's number. It was twenty minutes walking and he told me I could call him if I needed him.'

'Bellezza? Need a ride?' He asked, half grinning. 'Yeah, I do,' I muttered. 'Luckily for you I am parked across the streets so...' he trailed off. I perked my head up. I hadn't even noticed the red Ferrari. I snorted and disconnected his call before crossing the street. 'Pretty intense huh?' He asked as I hopped in. I slammed the door shut and stared through the windshield. 'I thought you would go for his offer, though.'

'I don't want it. I want him to see me, not as his toy.'

'He seemed pretty genuine. Okay well, perhaps he could've left out he's horny part, but throughout dinner he was trying his best, right?' He questioned. 'You spied on me the whole time?' He shrugged. 'I did. I wanted to know if I get my 500 bucks. Guess not.' He laid his chocolates in his dashboard and started his engine. I looked down at my lap, watching the tears fall down on my hands. 'Maybe he meant what he said.' I glanced at him. 'Maybe he wanted to make you feel loved.'

I sighed. 'We could make a TV soap series out this.' I shot him a glare. 'Sorry, I just find it... interesting because he likes you too. I am really good at reading people. It's my job.' I snorted and rubbed my face. 'Not everything about Sideswipe is bad. He just has a naughty spirit but he has a good spark. He's just really good at making the wrong choices.'

'Since when did you became a match maker? Since you can get 500 bucks?' I mocked. He smirked a little and flashed me an innocent smile. We drove back to the base. The next morning, I tried to focus on work. I hadn't seen Sideswipe all day, which was a little odd. I thought he might would come to me and talk. Perhaps he doesn't know what to say to me.

I walked up to Ironhide. 'Have you seen Sideswipe anywhere?' I asked. 'No, and I don't care where he is either. As long as he doesn't bother me,' he scowled. 'Is there someone who knows?' I asked. 'No, but I'll let him know you asked for him when I find him,' he muttered and walked off. I sighed.

Honestly, I didn't know what to do from here. I had to talk to him. Just clear things up and make things less awkward. I grabbed my phone and called him. He's not picking up, definitely ghosting my phone calls. I searched the base to see if he was here, tried to call him again. He dient even read my text messages. Maybe I pissed him off again.

'Mirage? Where is Sideswipe?'

He shrugged. I yanked at his arm. 'Please, give me something. Have you seen him this morning or not? No one cares or knows.' He sighed and laid his files down. 'No, I haven't seen him, Skyla. Last time was at your 'date' from last night. I haven't really paid attention to him either. I was more focused on you, because you were upset.'

'So, you're saying he never returned to the base?'

A silence fell. I guess he didn't. 'I will watch the video footage, give me a few minutes.' He sat down behind his desk and after ten minutes he shook his head and confirmed my theory; 'No, he never returned to the base.'