Chapter 30. Vanished in thin air

'Where is he?'
'I don't know. Maybe he needed time to think.'
'Time to think? Sideswipe wouldn't just leave!'
'Just... take a deep breath, okay? We will figure it out.'
'It's all my fault. He left because of me...'
'Maybe he didn't. Maybe he...'
'He what?!'
'Maybe he wanted to be alone.'
'Sideswipe can't be alone.'
'Relax, okay. Just relax.'

I felt tears welling up. 'It's my fault he left. Why am I so stupid?' I whispered and buried my face in my hands. 'No, he didn't leave you.' Mirage embraced me. 'Really, he'll return,' he assured me. I brushed some tears off my face. 'We need to tell Prime.'

'He's not missing. He didn't return to the base but that doesn't mean he just vanished in thin air. Don't over rush your conclusions,' he stated. 'Then find him!' He sighed and turned back to his computer. 'I have an adres...' he wrote it down and I snitched it from his hands.

'You see... he didn't vanish—'

I stormed off and left the base. Sideswipe was fifteen minutes away from here. 'What the hell do you think you're doing!' I screamed. Sideswipe nearly jumped three feet in the air. 'Why didn't you come home! I was worried about you and don't give me a cheeky answer about how good you are and no one is able to defeat you!' I spat out.

'Did you had any idea how worried I was? You should've come home. Why didn't you? Because I hurt your damn feelings?' I snapped. 'Skyla, relax. I didn't stay away to bully you—' I cut him off. 'Why didn't you came home!' I snapped. 'Because... I— didn't want too. I won't do things I don't like, so...' he trailed off and shrugged. 'You're an asshole!' I snapped. I was sincerely upset about the entire ordeal and Sideswipe was just standing there like it was all fine. 'You walked away from me, remember?'

I slapped his cheek. Hard enough to leave a red spot. 'Hey!' He snapped and rubbed over the sore spot. 'Where was that for?' He sulked. 'For being a reckless, irresponsible waste of metal! That's why! I was worried... and yeah, maybe I messed up and this is all my fault, but don't do that!' I snapped. 'Seriously, I don't have to tell you everywhere I go! I have a life too, you know!'

'Sleeping with those girls. The once who leave and hurt your feelings. The once who don't give a shut about you. You're too good for them,' I snapped. 'You didn't want me either. I thought I had a shot with you... maybe you were different but you hurt my feelings too by walking away. Maybe I shouldn't have started about the fragging, but I was excited to spend the evening with you. I wanted that kiss and I wanted to have you around but instead, you chose to walk away. So, what makes you any different than all the other girls I've met before? You humans are all the same ,' he scowled.

'The difference is that I love you. I just wanna be around the mech that makes me smile...' I sighed and shook my head. 'Maybe we need to take some distance,' I muttered. 'Oh, because creating distance will help for what exactly? It won't change your feelings. Why if you love me, do you push me away? Let me love you too. Give me the change to get to know you.'

We stared at each other. 'What are you afraid of? What's the worst thing that can happen?' He asked. I shrugged and looked him in the eyes. 'Well?' He whispered. I sighed again. 'I don't know, okay? I freaked out... I just— I just can't imagine that someone like you would like me. You mean the world to me, I am jealous, I can't sleep, I can't eat and you're all I can think about.'

'Then don't push me away,' he said. A silence fell. Sideswipe sucked in a breath and ran his hand through his hair. 'Hop in. Let's go back to the base,' he murmured. I sighed and nodded. 'Sideswipe?' We both turned. Jada walked up to him. 'I wanted to apologize. I should've treated you like I did...' she trailed off and completely ignored me. I felt my blood boil. What on earth is she doing here?

'Jada...? I am just going back to base so—' he was cut off. 'Can you forgive me? You know what... why don't you come to my party next week?' She asked and handed him a note with adres. 'A party...' Sideswipe looked at the note. 'He is already busy then.' I snitched the note from Sideswipe's hand and tore it four pieces. 'I don't know if you know yet but... he's my boyfriend. So, you might want to leave now? He's not interested in you anymore,' I snapped. 'You're not going to tell me you're dating that, right?' Jada mocked. I wrapped my arms around Sideswipe's arm. 'Well we are, now piss off and go ask somebody else,' I snapped. 'Seriously?' Sideswipe cleared his throat.

'I uh—' I snorted. 'Piss off, Jada.' I tugged on Sideswipe's arm and forced him to leave. I hopped in his alt-mode. He had a quick word exchange with Jada before following my lead. 'You are not my girlfriend yet, Skyla. Not until we discussed it.' I snorted and shook my head,— looking outside. 'You still like Jada, don't you?'

'No, I don't. I don't...' he laid his hand on mine. 'If you did, you would've played along and tore the sheet of paper yourself. Are you seriously considering going to that stupid party of hers?' I snapped. 'I do. I like a good party, so why not?' He asked. 'Because she's going to make fun of you. She's mean, Sideswipe. She's not going to hurt you,' I muttered. 'Says the one who walked away after a first date.'

'I freaked out...'

'I bet you did,' he mocked. I sucked in a breath and looked outside. Why does Jada always need to ruin things?