Chapter 12. You interupted me

I stared at Skyla. She was hanging out with Mark. I sighed softly. They seem pretty close. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I grabbed my phone. A phone call from Stacy. I looked at the screen for a few seconds before looking at Skyla. The human male wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her against his chest. I walked downstairs, up to them. 'Hey, Skyla.' Mark glared at me. 'What? Can't I talk to my charge?' I snapped. Skyla sighed and patted Mark's chest. 'I'll see you in a minute,' she said. The male stormed off, obviously pissed. 'Sup?' She asked, shoving her hands in the pocket of her red hoody. 'You'd like to go into town with me?' I asked. She was taken by surprise. 'You never ask that? I thought you didn't want to be seen with me,' she said with a raised brow.

I grunted and looked around to see if anyone had heard that. 'Please?' I asked. 'Fine, sure.' Relieved we walked up to my alt-mode. She hopped in and buckled up. She didn't say much, which I found odd. Usually she has a lot to tell. 'Something wrong?' I asked. She shook her head and glanced at me. 'I just feel like something is off,' I said honestly. 'No, no... but you did interrupted my moment with Mark.' She sounded seriously annoyed. A little shocked, I glanced at her. 'No, I was just sincerely curious and wanted to spent time with you,' I said, flashing her a smile she didn't return. 'Right...'

'Look, I am sorry. I didn't intend to upset you,' I said but my plan had worked. I didn't like seeing her with Mark. It pissed me off. 'Yeah, forget about it,' she said and waved her hand. 'Where are we going?' She asked to change the subject. 'I don't know... just driving through town,' I said and sped up. Her eyes traveled over the road and landed on the sign of McDonalds. 'You'd like to make a stop there?' I asked. She sighed and shook her head. 'No... no,' she mumbled. 'Why not?' I asked, smiling. 'I need to lose more weight,' she said. A frown spread over my face. 'What?' I asked confused. 'That's not healthy, your ribs are already visible,' I said. 'How much do you weight?'

'100 pounds.'

I shook my head. 'No, no! That's not good. We are not going to lose more weight just to please some guys,' I snorted and drove into McDonalds. 'It's not healthy,' I stated. 'I get fired,' I said. 'Sweetspark, is money more worth than your health?' I asked. 'No... but–' I cut her off. 'Good, than stop talking. 'What did our CMO say about it?' he asked. 'I haven't told him. I just changed my diet,' she replied quietly. 'Because you know it's not healthy, otherwise you would've told him,' I said. She looked at me, resting her head on my shoulder for a moment while we were waiting in line to order. 'You're okay?'

I ran my hand over her cheek. 'Yeah, don't worry about it,' she mumbled. She straightens and slumped back in my seat. She eyed a little upset but I didn't want to make it worse so I kept my mouth shut and started driving.

'When was the last time you had McDonalds?'

She shrugged, 'five years or so,' she replied. I snorted and handed her her meal and credit card. I don't know how I am ever going to pay her back. I sighed and I wrapped my burger. I felt a little awkward as I took note of how gentle she ate her burger without making a mess and my face was a mess. Skyla studied my face but said nothing. She just grabbed a napkin and handed it to me. I sighed and grabbed my phone as it went off.

'Hey, Stac!'

I chirped. There was a brief silence. 'Where are you?' She asked, without greeting me. 'McDonalds,' I replied before taking a bite. 'Really? Again?' She scowled. 'Again? I don't strand here that often. This is the second time this month,' I said with a frown. 'How can you still keep that eight pack?' She muttered. 'Because I train four hours a day,' I sulked in a duh tone. 'Yeah, whatever. Listen, I want to go out for dinner tonight,' she said. 'You're asking me?' I asked. 'No, it wasn't a question,' she said. 'Ahw, you missed me?' I joked.

((Skyla's P.O.V))
'No, not really.'

Sideswipe's face dropped a little. He glanced at me but I ignored. 'Fine, I will pick you up,' he mumbled. Sideswipe disconnected the call by pressing a button on his steering wheel. 'Don't say anything,' he muttered. 'I am not.' I reached for his face and cleaned it. 'But you can so much better than her,' I added. 'I didn't ask for your opinion,' he groused. 'Nop, I know. Just saying.' I sat back and buckled up. 'You need money tonight?' I asked. He shook his head, 'no, she asked me so I guess she'll pay,' he muttered. I doubted it but gave a small nod.

Back at the base, I watched the mech for some time before I left. I had a bad feeling about tonight for some reason and I was right. He was taken by the police after he couldn't pay. I headed for the restaurant and paid before I headed towards the police office. He was sitting in a cell, knees pulled to his chest and arms around it. 'Come on, big boy. Let's go.' He glanced at me. He got up and grabbed his jacket. 'I am in trouble,' he muttered. 'No, I took care of it...' I replied. 'Really?' his eyes lit up in relief. I nodded and walked out of the door. The police had removed the wheel clamp. 'Well, see you at the base,' I said. 'Don't you wanna have a ride?' he asked. 'No, Mark gave me his car,' I said, walking off. 'Sky.' I turned around. 'Thank you for everything tonight,' he said. I hummed before turning around and hopping in the car.