Chapter 36. Miami

Ironhide had just dropped me off at the resort. It's central and tomorrow I am definitely going to Miami mall and buy some clothing and enjoy my time. I walked up to the room that was given me and unlocked the door with a keycard. A nice, small room with ocean view. Better then I could've asked for. Six large windows, two armchairs front of it and the bed pointed to the window. Two large wooden doors in the back led to a small living room and another wooden door led to the bathroom. I dumped my bag in the bedroom and changed my clothing. I am not even sure what to do first. It's been a while since I have been in a place like this. Last time was five years ago with my parents.

I just tied my hair in a pony tail as I heard a knock on the door. Strange. I didn't expect someone. Maybe Ironhide returned or forgot something. I opened the door. 'Sideswipe?!' My brain was trying to find the right words. 'Surprise...' he smiled and passed. 'What are you doing here?' I shut the door. 'I wanted to surprise you,' he replied while looking around. 'Yeah, you definitely did,' I muttered. He turned. 'I knew you would like to see me.' He embraced me. 'Does anyone know you're here? Did Ironhide know about this? Because otherwise, he's really good at keeping his mouth shut,' I replied and crossed my arms. 'Well, Uhm... no, no one knows it yet but... we don't have to mention it to Ironhide right?' He walked through the wooden doors. 'This is really nice...'

I sighed softly. 'We're gonna gave so much fun.' His entire face lit up. I hadn't seen it before, not like this at least. It was like all the frustration and stress fell off his shoulders. 'Wanna go for a swim?' He asked. 'Uhm, I was actually about to get some lunch—' he cut me off. 'Great idea! Yes! I am starving. Let me get changed.' He opened his bag. The smell coming from it made my hunger go away by an instant. 'How much of that is clean?' He smelled a shirt. 'This one smells clean enough...' he shrugged. 'Right.' I forced a smile on my face. 'How clean is your bag?' He snorted. 'Everything. It's rather clean or new. I do my laundry nearly daily so...' I trailed off. 'So, you could do kind as well? I am wearing this boxers for three days now.'

I raised my hand. 'That's too much information and it's gross. You're a filth mech, you know that?' I asked. He shrugged again. 'It's boring. Laundry is boring.' He rolled his eyes. 'Yeah, I bet.' I am asked over to the living room, giving him some privacy. Five minutes later he was ready. Sideswipe doesn't smell but his clothing...

He wrapped his arm around me. 'Let's go.'
The talking was all about him and how great he was. Nothing I hadn't hear before. Is it showing off or an ego thingy? I do know that he'll be in a lot of trouble when he gets back. Ironhide is going to find it out soon it later.

That night, Sideswipe was doing something. I wasn't quite sure what but he seemed really occupied. 'Sideswipe, c'mere for a sec.' I waved him to come over. He sat in the edge. 'Sup?'
'Listen, we're not at the base... this is not your room so we need to set some rules.' He snorted. 'Rules are boring and overrated. I hate rules and I won't stick to them anyway so don't waste your time trying.' He got up. How did his brother ever survive it with him for so long without going crazy?

'So, you and your brother didn't had rules?'

He laughed. 'My brother beats me if I don't obey, but he's not here, is he?' He asked. I frowned. 'He beats you?' I asked rather confused. 'Sometimes. He's not abusive but uhm... he says I earned it then. He's scary when he's mad, okay? I don't want to piss him off and I reach more with him if I just listen. He does everything for, literary everything... if I listen.'

'And I am a joke to you then?'

'What?! No, of course not.' He snorted. 'No, but you're different. You don't beat me like he does or yells at me like he can. No one can, only my brother,' he said before disappearing in the bathroom. As he returned he closed the curtains and crawled in bed. I laid on my back, staring at the ceiling. He laid on his side and supported his head with his hand. 'What's wrong?' He asked. 'Nothing, nothing...' I forced a smile on my face. 'But there is... come on, tell me.' He nudged me softly. 'Don't you find this... strange?' I pointed at us. He cocked his head to the side. 'You mean... that I am sleeping next to you?' he asked. 'We are not a couple...' I trailed off. 'Right... but I am your guardian. Isn't that enough?' he asked.

He sighed and slid out of bed. 'I'll go sleep on the couch then.' He grabbed a pillow. 'Sideswipe...'
'No, it's fine. I get it. Don't worry about it,' he stated and waved it off. 'Goodnight, dear.' He shut the lights and closed the doors. I sighed and curled up. I heard Sideswipe faintly in the back before it became quiet.

I woke up that night from a nightmare. Heavy panting, I slid out of bed and slowly opened the door. Sidewipe still seemed to be asleep. I approached and sat on the edge and rested my head on his chest for a moment and listened to the strong beat of his spark. I didn't intend to fall asleep, but it happened. I woke up from a soft touch on my head. I was still in this uncomfortable position. I shot up. 'I thought you wanted me to sleep on the couch because you wanted to sleep seperated,' he said. 'And that's true...' I jumped up on my feet. 'I wasn't asleep. I was uh... listening.'

He sat up. 'To... my spark?' he asked. 'Yeah... for research.' He raised a brow. 'Research at night?' he asked. 'Yes, because heart beat more slowly, just wanted to see if your spark... does the same thing.' He huffed and got up. 'And? Does it?' he asked. 'Yeah, it does.'
'Lucky me, huh?' he mocked, passing. 'I thought you were the one to tell me to never lie...' he trailed off. 'I didn't lie... I wanted to listen to your spark,' I said. 'Yeah?' he reached for his bag and pulled out a view things. 'I had a nightmare...' He gazed at me. 'A nightmare?' he repeated. I gave a small nod and shrugged. 'You suffer from nightmares? For how long?'

'Since my family died. I thought they would go away over the years but they don't.' Sideswipe approached and embraced me. 'Am I allowed to sleep next to you now because my back is sore.' I snorted and looked at him. I leaned in to kiss him again but was interupted by a knock on the door. I sighed. 'That's Ironhide, go hide.' He turned away. I quickly fixed my hair and opened the door. 'Ironhide...' he pushed me aside. 'Where is he?'

I didn't reply. 'Where is he?' he snapped and pointed at the couch. 'I don't know...' I trailed off. 'He has a bad influence on you Skylla. You never lie.' I raised my hands. 'I am serious, I don't know where he is... probably hidding from you. I didn't know he would come... he just showed up the other day and-' he cut me off. 'Oh, and you didn't mind calling me?' he snapped. 'Sideswipe told me last day during lunch he was going to inform you. That were his words. I thought he had already done that.' We stared at each other for a moment. 'Then why did you tell him to hide?'

'Because I thought you would be mad or something...' He shook his head. 'Damn right I am. Where's the fragger?' he scowled. I shrugged. He opened the door of the closet and grabbed Sideswipe, throwing him onto the ground. 'Ironhide... this is not what it looks like, okay?' he backed off. 'I am here to... hang out.'

'Get your stuff and get back on the road. You're grounded! I told you specifially that this is not your mission and I was right... you did it to have some times off and spend it here with Skylla. You are ruining her! You have a bad influence on her and I told Prime this... I told him assigning you is a mistake but he didn't listen. Look what is happening now... If I get back at the base your days as her guardian are over and you can get lost in space. You had only one job and you even failed that,' he yelled.

'Ironhide! Stop... he didn't fail as my guardian. Please, maybe he should'nt have disobeyed but this isn't anything new. He didn't bring me in danger or hurt anyone...' Ironhide sighed. 'I wanna be with her...' Sideswipe got back up on his feet. 'Are you trying to hit on her too now?! Is this what that is all about?' he yelled. Ironhide slammed Sideswipe against the wall. 'You will not break her heart like you've done before. I thought this was some sort of game you were playing but you are serious?' he hissed. 'Ironhide, stop!' I grabbed his arm. 'He didn't do anything wrong other then disobeying so please.'

'He's trying to hook on you. Trust me, all he does is breaking femmes hearts!' He snapped. 'We aren't dating. We went out on a date several times but... we're just friends. Really, trust me.' Ironhide let go of him. 'Friends... yeah.' Ironhide punched him. 'Glad we're on the same line for once, Sideswipe!' He snapped and left.