Chapter 57. Something off

'You look sore, are you okay?'

A frown spread over Sideswipe's face. 'Do I?' He nodded. 'I feel fine, just a little tired.' I flopped next to him on the couch and used him as a pillow. 'So... when can I finally meet your colleagues?' He purred. 'Why would you want that?' I muttered. 'Jealous again?' I looked up. 'I'm not jealous, just wonder why you would want to meet them. It's not like we are BFF's,' I scolded. 'You're cranky.' I didn't reply and laid back down. 'So, I can conclude you and you're co-workers don't get along?' He asked. He's right, we can't get along. They're constantly picking on me and making fun of me. They didn't seem to know Sideswipe is my boyfriend and I rather keep it that way.

'They're okay...' I replied eventually. 'So, I can meet then.' I got up. 'I'm not in the mood for your arguments or your statements, Sideswipe.' I waved him off. 'What? I just want to know with who you work, that's all,' he mumbled. 'Do you have a job yet?' I asked to change the subject. 'I get paid for some training sessions I did,' he replied honestly before muting the TV and getting up. 'Don't change the subject. Let me meet them and I'll stop bugging you. Its all I ask, just for me to know you're fine and they're nice.'

'Look, they don't like me, okay? They're a close group and I'm the infiltrator. I don't want to get into more trouble or have them bugging me about you. It's not worth it. I have a job, isn't that all what matters?' I asked. 'So? They're bullying you?' He asked and crossed my arms. 'It's not bullying, just... you know...' I shrugged. 'Bullying?'

'No, mocking. Just a little bit of mocking.'

He sighed. 'I'll go talk to Lennox then.' I shook my head rapidly. 'No! Absolutely not! I'm not completely helpless. That you're my guardian and boyfriend doesn't mean you've to solve everything for me, okay? I've had several jobs, I know how do-workers can be, especially towards newbies, okay? Just leave it alone and stop asking about it. I don't need your help!' He raised his hands at peace. 'Okay, I'm sorry... I just don't like seeing you upset. Now, why are you sore? I know you are so soul the beans.'

He's having his stubborn mood again. 'I did some work-outs, nothing too bad. Just an overstretched muscle. It's nothing.' I waved it off. 'Why didn't you tell me in the first place?' He asked. He sounded a little upset and angry. 'Because it's nothing major. I'm sorry, but I barely feel it.' I didn't want him to know that Jazz and I did combat training and I had actually hurt myself pretty bad. He sighed. 'I love you, Skylla and I want this to work out! I'm really in love with you so please, don't shut me out, okay? People have been doing that enough.'

I shook my head and kissed his lips. 'Alright, I'm sorry.' He gave a nod and nuzzled in my neck before letting me pass. 'I'm going to take a shower.' He smirked. 'Ah, I accept the invitation.' I snorted and shook my head. He followed me. 'Honestly, showers are much more fun with two, right?' He nudged me playfully. 'I bet.'
He eyed me for a moment. 'Do you promise to tell me if things get out of hand?' I nodded. 'Yeah, sure.' I pushed the door of the bathroom open.

He didn't say much, which was odd for him. He's usually very talkative and flirtatiously. He washed my hair, something he always did if he had the change and after our shower, we laid in bed to chill. Also something that became more of a habit before we went to bed. I read and he was scrolling through his Instagram.

Sideswipe stopped and rolled on his side to look at me. 'I really feel like something is off.' I raised a brow. 'What do you mean?' I laid my book aside and matched his position. 'Yeah, I feel like something is off. You're not just sore.' He's not stupid. For some reason he always knows if something is off. 'Your left shoulder is warm and swollen. It's an injury I see a lot in soldier that think they're very good and can take every opponent but get hurt in the process because they're just idiots.'

'You're calling me an idiot?'

'Depends on it.' I snorted and rolled my eyes. 'You're bruised and sore, you do the math.' He nudged me softly. 'Are you hiding something from me?'
'What? N-no, of course not. I told you, I did work-outs.'
'Alright, if you say so...' he said and grabbed his phone again. 'Maybe we should work out together then... then I can see what you're doing wrong to get that type of injury,' he muttered. 'Sure.' He glanced at me. 'I love you, baby.' He cupped my cheek. I replied with a kiss before settling back down with my book.

The following day, I caught up with Jazz after work. I had to wait for Sideswipe again. 'Hey, Skylla.' I raised a brow. He never calls me that. He always uses nicknames. 'What's wrong?' I asked. 'How hurt are you?' I shook my head. 'I barely feel it.' Jazz didn't buy it. 'Don't fool me. I'm sure you got hurt last day,' he replied. 'Not too bad.' I waved my hand. 'No?' I gave a nod. 'You seemed to be in pain and I couldn't stop thinking about it. If you get seriously hurt, Sideswipe will murder me. Not just him... I know how badly you want this, but you should discuss this with Sideswipe. He can teach you.'

I shook my head. 'He won't. Sideswipe is only scared I get hurt.' Jazz hummed. 'Exactly. That's my concern too.' He crossed his arms. I sighed; 'you agreed to teach me the basics.' Jazz nodded again. 'Yeah, but after yesterday...' he trailed off. 'It was only once! Come on, don't make me quit already!' I pouted. He rolled his ocean blue eyes. 'Fine, come on.' He took me the shooting range again. No combat training today, which I didn't really mind. My shoulder is quite sore.

'I heard Sideswipe started doing morning training sessions?' Jazz asked. 'Only two days a week.' I shrugged. 'Right, but he's doing something.' I turned to face Jazz. 'He's complicated, but we are getting there,' I mocked. 'I think he will even jump off a building for you. Ironhide is glad with his help though, he's been busy lately. Maybe you can get Sideswipe to take over training sessions one more day,' he suggested. 'I'll see. I don't want to push him, we are finally heading in the right direction,' I mumbled before turning my attention back to shooting.

I caught up with Sideswipe at seven. 'Hey!' He wrapped his arm around me. 'So, how did it go?' I asked. 'Oh, it went fine. Stupid rookies.' He rolled his eyes. 'You behaved?' Sideswipe shrugged. 'I did... I'm just... you know... if they're not listening I can be a little mean, I guess.' I snorted. Sideswipe shot me a glare. 'What's the supposed to mean?' He snapped. 'I know you get mean. Give them some slack, it's already a big change for them and most of them have never even been sent off to the battlefield.' I nudged him softly. 'Being nice to them won't make them better soldiers,' he grumbled. 'Are you hungry again?'
He nodded. 'Alright, let's get some food in town then.'