Chapter 23. We aren't spying

Why does Skyla even go back to that moron?

Mark is an idiot. She could better hang out with someone who's better. Like me. She should be with me. I tried to get her attention, but only annoyed the hell out of her. I am pushing her away and I hated it.
Sometimes I wish I hadn't treated her like I did at the beginning. Maybe, our relationship would be better. She's right, it's unlike me to hurt people.

'Ey, Skyla?'

She ignored and passed me. 'I am not going to let you decide with who I hang out or not.' She stopped in her tracks and turned around. 'I wanna hang out with Jada.' She snorted. 'Why?' She snapped. 'Because why not? It's my choice,' I snapped back.

'I don't want you to hang out with her.'
'I don't want you to hang out with Mark.'
'That's different, Sideswipe.'
'Explain to me why?'
'Because he's my boyfriend... that's why.'
'Well maybe Jada will be my girlfriend soon.'
'Another one, really?'

Skyla crossed her arms. 'Another one? How many girls do you think I have had?' I snapped. She approached me. 'If I would've had as much boyfriends as you had girlfriends, people would've called me a slut. You don't care about anyone but yourself,' she snapped. 'I care about you. The only reason you end up and fights with Mark is because of me because you like me.'

'Excuse me?! I don't like you! Not even a single bit,' she snapped and jabbed her finger in the center of my chest. 'Liar, you dream about me. How can that possibly mean nothing?' I mocked. 'You made that up. I never said I dreamed about you. You're living in your own fantasy!' She snapped. 'Yeah, I bet but in the meantime, you're jealous.'

'I am not jealous.'

'Then I'll meet Jada this afternoon.' I passed her. 'You can't. You have a patrol.' I snorted and gave her my middle finger. 'Sideswipe! You can't.' She sprinted after me. 'You can hang out with every other girl but not with Jada.' I still ignored her. She grabbed my arm and yanked me towards her. 'I am talking to you,' she snapped. 'There's nothing to talk about honestly, I don't ask you for permission and this time, don't follow me.' I pushed her out of the way and walked off.

((Skyla's P.O.V))
I don't let Sideswipe tell me what to do either. I prompted off and made a deal with Mirage again. 'I seriously don't know why I agreed to do this,' he muttered as he sat back in his leather seat. We were parked across the street, watching Sideswipe. 'Because I asked you and you can't resist me,' I mocked. 'Why don't you just agree you're jealous?' He asked after a long silence. 'Because it's not jealously.'

'Than what is it according to you?'
'Concern.'
'Concern? Really?'
'Yeah, he makes stupid decisions.'
'So do you honestly?'
'I got drunk once. It was an accident.'
'I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about Mark.'

I glanced at him. 'You think I made a mistake?' I asked. 'I feel like you did. Mark obviously has other intentions. I mean, he might would've been nice to you since the beginning, but he starts to show other sides as well. Concerning Sides. I think Sideswipe has the right to be concerned.'

I snorted and looked at Jada again. 'Look at that bitch,' I scowled. 'She thinks she's pretty and smart but she's just a bitch. The biggest one walking this earth. I hate her even more than Sideswipe's previous girl, Stacy.'
'You're so jealous.' Mirage smirked a little. I rolled my eyes. 'Do yourself a favor and dump Mark.' I looked at my left again. 'Get Sideswipe instead.'

'Dino, Sideswipe and I will never become a thing. He only thinks with his spike. I don't wanna end up like one of his victims. Heartbroken and used.' Mirage snorted. 'Used? I don't think you quite get it, do you? I think Sideswipe likes you.'

'He loves everything with boobs and long legs. I am not really an exception.' I straightened in the back and red leather seat. 'Maybe you are.' It was hard to believe. 'Hey, are you hungry?' Mirage raised a brow. 'Why do you ask?' I shrugged and removed the seatbelt. 'I know a good place, come on.' Mirage followed me with a slight hesitation.

Nearby was a lunchroom where we settled. 'I thought we were going to spy on Sideswipe,' he said confused. 'We are. I'm about thirty minutes he will walk through that door to have a lunch with Jada here.'
'The entire thing of spying is not to be seen.'
'I know, but that's not my goal. I want him to see me.'
'Let me guess, to make him jealous,' he mocked.
I shrugged my shoulder and grabbed the menu card. 'Why don't you just admit?' He groaned and rubbed his face. 'Because you're not right.'

'How can you even be so sure?'
'I looked through his phone when he was training.'
'Damn, I thought I was a creepy. Stalking your guardian.'
'He would've done the same thing.'
'Not sure about that...'

Sideswipe walked through the door thirty minutes later. I pretended I didn't see him but he had spotted me. He guided Jada to the table and stopped. 'What are you doing here?' I looked up. 'Having lunch with Mirage.' I pointed at my half empty plate. 'Why are you hanging out with her now?'

Dino raised his hands in peace. 'She's fun to have around. You should try it some time,' he said hoarsely. 'You planned this, didn't you? To spy on me again?' He snapped. 'How should I know you're going to have lunch here? There are so many lunch rooms in town,' I mocked. Sideswipe gritted his teeth. 'Don't you have to go?' I pointed at Jada. 'We are so not done, Skyla,' he snapped.

'Yeah, I bet...' Sideswipe shot me a glare before forcing a smile on face and walking up to Jada. 'I regret I agreed with this. We shouldn't be spying on him. He hates it.' I snorted. 'We aren't spying, Mirage. Like you said, the entire thing of spying is that no one sees us. We are just having lunch and it happens to be in the same lunchroom as Sideswipe. It's a coincidence.'

'More a forced coincidence,' he added. I smirked and popped some food in my mouth. 'And how are you going to explain that to Sideswipe?' I turned my head to look at the stubborn silvery mech that turned out to be my guardian. I caught his eyes for a moment. He truly does make me feel strange. It's hard to describe the feeling. I never felt it before.