Chapter 43. Discharged

I softly stroke Skylla's head. She's stable for now. 'I am so sorry,' I mumbled. It's my fault. This is all my fault. 'Sideswipe, get out of the room.' I turned. 'I can't leave her, Ironhide.' He snorted and stepped in. 'It's your fault she's here in the first place. You irresponsible piece of shit.' It didn't make me feel any better. 'Get the hell out.' He waved me off. 'I can't leave her side. She's dying.' He snorted. 'Yeah and who's fault is that. You killed her!'

'I didn't pull the trigger. I didn't know what was going to happen.' He rolled his eyes and pushed me towards the door. 'Does it matter? You're not welcome here.' He slammed the door shut in my face. I walked up to the waiting room and sat down. There was a time I wanted her to die, I wished she wasn't here but now, the tides changed. She's actually dying and I am overwhelmed with guilt and hatred towards myself.

I what am I supposed to do if she dies? How can I live with that? I looked at my right as someone sat down beside me. 'It's my fault. She's going to die because of me.' Optimus sighed softly. 'She made the trip to the mall several times, Sideswipe. You couldn't know what was about to happen. Nobody could've prevented it,' he said. 'Right, well... everyone blames me. I am hurting her. Ironhide kicked me out of her room because of it.' Optimus shook his head. 'They're mad because you're irresponsible and they're stressed. You're not a bad mech, Sideswipe. Just rebellious.

'You wanted me to leave earth...' I looked down at my lap and fiddled with my hands. 'Yes and Skylla convinced me not too.' I gazed at him again. 'I can see how much you care for her but she cared for you way before you did for her. She fell in love with you the minute she saw you driving into the hanger for the first time. She loves you.'

'That doesn't help.'

'She's gonna be fine. You know she's strong. Just wait and see, okay?' I nodded. 'You saved her today. You found her and you saved her, there isn't more you could've done,' he stated. I nodded slowly. 'Maybe you can tell her you love her,' he added. 'She knows. I am crazy about her. Just sounds like a really stupid idea. I don't wanna mess it up and— I don't know, sounds like an overall bad idea.'

'You know what, why don't you get some sleep? You're obviously tired.' I sighed and nodded. 'I hope I can sleep though.' He nodded. 'Let Ratchet do his job and you get some sleep. If something changes, I will wake you up, alright?' I groaned but gave in. 'Fine... fine.' Optimus was right though, I was exhausted,— barely able to keep open my tired eyes. I've put all my energy in trying to find and save her.

((Skylla's P.O.V))
My eyes fluttered open and we're welcomed by a bright light. I groaned and turned my head to escape the blinding lights. 'Look who's awake.' Ironhide sat down on the side. 'Where am I?' I lifted my head. 'In the Medbay. Ratchet just performed surgery on you. You're injuries were pretty severe but he did a good job.' I looked around the room again. 'Where's Sideswipe?' Ironhide sucked in a breath. 'I send him away.'

'Why? What did he do?' I muttered. 'Annoying the hell out of me it was better this way,' he assured. 'Can I see him? I want to see him.' Ironhide shook his head. 'No, that doesn't sound like a good idea. You need to rest and he won't give it to you. He's asleep himself too, so... you should do the same.' My face dropped. 'Please Ironhide. I wanna see him,' I muttered. He shook his head again.

'He's my guardian.'

'Not anymore. I discharged him.' My jaw nearly dropped. 'No, no... why? He did a good job, he found me.' Ironhide got up. 'You're heartbeat is rising. You need to stay calm.' He gave me a look. 'Why did you do that? Where is he?' I tried to sit up. 'Skylla, stop it!' He pushed me back down. 'No! Where is he. This isn't fair. He didn't do anything wrong. He found me, he saved me!' I yelled and pushed his arm away. 'Get away from me! You had no reason to do that! It wasn't his fault! He never saw it coming!'

'Ironhide! Get out.' Ratchet burst in and pushed him away. 'Skylla! Look at me... you need to calm down. You just had surgery... you can't afford to get upset. Your wound will reopen.' I pushed him aside. 'He discharged Sideswipe to be my guardian! Probably told he's an idiot but he's not! You had no right to do this!' My vision became blurry. Tears kept running down my cheeks like a waterfall. 'Get Sideswipe.'

'What? No—'
'Didn't you hear me! Get that fraghead and make sure he gets his aft in the medbay fast or I swear I will stick a scalpel between your ribs.' Ratchet pushed me back down. 'Skylla, calm down. Ironhide is just being an idiot for upsetting you so much. No one discharged him of his duties. He's still your guardian. He's still your guardian.'

'Don't lie to me! Ironhide doesn't make jokes about it. He discharged him of his duties. It's no fair! Sideswipe means everything to me. Ironhide can't take that away from me!' I yelled.

So many emotions and fears went through my tired body. I was so angry at Ironhide for doing this. He had no rights. Sideswipe did everything he could to save me. He's not an idiot and I know he would've done everything to save my life.

'Skylla? Hey... what's wrong?' Ratchet stepped back. I hugged Sideswipe. 'Is it true? Did Ironhide discharge you of being my guardian?' I sobbed. 'Oh baby girl... people say things when they're upset but I ain't going anywhere. You hear me? I won't go anywhere. You're my charge... my girl.' He wiped the tears off my face. 'But you need to calm down for the sake of your health. I am serious about it... I am even willing to sedate you.'

He pushed me back down. 'You're not leaving, right?' He shook his head. 'No, no... of course not. I stay here with you for as long as it takes.' He leaned in and kissed my forehead. 'I don't wanna lose you too.' He shook his head. 'That will never happen. I am right here and I won't go anywhere, okay?' I nodded. He got up and walked around the bed towards the other side. He sat down next to me and pulled me against his chest. 'Go to sleep...' I closed my eyes and listened to the strong beat of his spark. He rubbed me and I started dozing off.