Chapter 58. Threats

'Where are you going?'

A frown spread over Sideswipe's face. He was sitting his training pants and hoody, watching football. 'To the base.'
'Now? Why?' He muted the TV. 'Is it illegal?' He shook his head. 'No, but I don't see why? It's Sunday.' I hummed and grabbed my shoes. 'Just some work, don't worry about it.' I waved my hand. 'But... I'm here.' I nodded and yelped as he grabbed me and picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist. 'Sideswipe...' he pressed a kiss on my lips. 'Stay here.' I ran my hand through his messy dark brown hair. 'What's so interesting at the base on a Sunday?' He whispered. I hated ur when he used his eyes to get things done.'

'Jazz...'

'Cheating on me?' He smirked while I slapped. 'Yeah, totally,' I taunted. He hummed and strode into the bedroom. 'Then I have to claim you.' He pinned my hands above my head. 'Sideswipe! I need to leave.' I pouted. He shook his head. 'I'm your boyfriend and my dirty mistress stays here with me.' I pressed my lips on his. 'What is it Jazz wants from you anyway?' He asked between his kisses. 'Just hanging out. Nothing special.' He hummed and nuzzled in my neck. 'Alright... you'd like me to give you a ride then?'

'No, you're watching football. It's not that far from the base anyway. I'll just take the bus.' He hummed and straddled me. 'What if I don't want you to leave?' I rolled my eyes. 'You are watching football, Sideswipe. Your favorite team is playing. You never pay attention to me when they're playing.' He bit his lip. 'But I don't want you hang around other mechs either.'
'It's Jazz. Come on, Sideswipe.' I nudged him. 'Fine, fine, but I want you back at six.' I huffed. 'You're not my dad, Sideswipe. Seriously.' I slid off the bed. 'Are you annoyed with me? Because I want my girl back at six?' He mocked and crossed his arm, but he had a sharp tune to it. 'Little bit,' I replied and grabbed my keys off the counter.

'That's not fair.'

'How so?' I gazed at him from the corner of my eyes. 'It's Sunday and yes, they're playing but that doesn't mean we can't spend time together.' I sighed. 'Fine, I'll be back at six.' With that open in the air, I kissed his lips and left.

((Sideswipe's P.O.V))
I grabbed chips and soda and settled back on the couch. I tried to push our little argument to the back of my head. She's right, she never argues with me either when I go out for a party. I shouldn't be on her tailpipe either, but the idea of her spending time with another mech gets me irritated, angry even. I soothed my nerves and uneasiness with some food and soda.

Time passed and she wasn't back yet at six. That's odd, but she might be stuck in traffic. Public transport can't be trusted and she's complaining about it all the time. She might just be ten minutes late. At 6:30 PM, she strode in like a 80-year-old woman. I turned off the TV. 'What the hell did you do?' She looked wrecked, as if someone tried to break her. She shut the door and straightened her back. Her body tensed, as if the movements hurt. 'Well?' I asked impatiently and crossed my arms.

'Just some work-outs.' I raised a brow at her statement. 'Work-outs?' I repeated. 'What else?' She mumbled and passed. 'Did you get beaten up by someone? Soldiers? You can tell me if that's the case, Skylla. I'll beat them to hell—' she cut me off. 'No! That's not the case, Sides. Please, stop worrying,' she snapped. I couldn't really tell what was going on inside her head. She eyed a little upset but I didn't get why. Her new job isn't like she had hoped for, but she didn't want to talk to me about it either.

'I'm going to take a shower.'

I returned to the couch as she left. Hopefully her co-workers start being a little nicer to her. She might be a little shy at times, but she's really sweet.
Skylla flopped next to me in the couch twenty minutes later and used me as a pillow. 'No more work-outs, Skylla. I'm serious about.' I raised my voice and all I got was a hum. I down casted my eyes. 'I'm serious. Whatever you're doing, you suck.' She huffed and snuggled into me.

The next morning, I dropped her off at the base. My program for today was doing absolutely nothing. I'm not in the mood to deal with the rookies and I might kill a couple of them. I was just doing my usual thing, annoying the heck out of people and getting yelled at by Ironhide. One thing in particular caught my eyes. Jazz is avoiding me. Every time I come near him, he leaves. That's odd.

I trapped him in the storage room. 'Do we have a problem?' He let out a scream and dropped the equipment he was holding. 'Sideswipe!' He yelled and crouched down to pick it up. 'Primus, what is your damn problem,' he scolded as if I just pranked him. 'You're avoiding me. What did I do?' I snapped back. 'Nothing, I'm just busy and I'm not avoiding you,' he growled. I gritted my teeth and watched him store the equipment. 'Right...' I mocked.

'How is Skylla doing?'

'Well, she's pretty sore and cranky. Talking about that... what the hell did you make her do?!' I crossed my arms and made sure to block the entryway. 'What'cha mean? She's sore?' I started to get agitated. 'Oh, you hadn't noticed that!' I snapped. 'She's fine. Yes, we did some work-outs, but I never made her do anything she didn't want. Let's make that clear.' I tightly grabbed his arm.
'If I figured out you laid even one digit on her, I will be ripping you apart again. Beyond repair and I don't need my twin brother to do it. That's something I want to make clear. She's not only my charge,' I snapped before turning around.