Chapter 33. Second attempt

'Skylla? Have you seen Sideswipe?'
'I was about to ask you the same thing, Ironhide.'
'I barely see him.'
'We had an argument but... I don't know.'
'About...?'
'Warning money.'
'You think he's working now?!'

Ironhide laughed. 'He said he knew something. Wouldn't surprise me if he actually did find something,' I muttered. 'Maybe you should try to check-up on him,' Ironhide said. I stopped talking. 'Speaking off the devil.' Ironhide followed my gaze. Sideswipe came to a stop and hopped out of his alt-mode. He had been definitely up to something. He wore his sunglasses, his hair was in a perfect shape, he wore his leather jacket and a clean shirt.'
'I got the money.' Sideswipe showed me. 'Where did you get that?' Ironhide crossed his arms. 'She told me to do something I like. That's what I did and now I got the money.'

'Illegal activities? No one get this much money in a short amount of time.' Sideswipe jawed. 'Is fragging illegal?' He asked. 'I told you to get a real job!' I exclaimed. 'Believe me, I definitely worked for my money. I am gonna take a nap, I haven't slept for four days and tonight, you and I are going out on that date you promised.' He kissed my cheek and walked off. 'Can you believe it?!'

Ironhide shrugged. 'At least he worked for it,' he grumbled. 'But it's not what I meant. I told him something he liked to do... as in a real job. Not this!' Ironhide sighed. 'I stopped trying to get him a real job, Skylla. He's too cocky, he doesn't listen and besides, he wouldn't keep it up one day.' He patted my shoulder and walked off. I followed Sideswipe to his room he was just about to crawl in bed. 'Oh, hey...' he smiled. I shut the door. 'Did you at least do it safely?' He raised a brow. 'Of course... you think I want to end up with a kid?' He scoffed. He approached. 'Relax, I got the money, okay?'

'Just theoretically, if we get together... as in a couple, would you still frag around to get money?' I asked. 'No, then we have your credit card,' he said. He grasped my upper arms. 'Ah, my credit card,' I mocked. 'Look, I got the money like you told me... earned with something I like to do... but I am really tired so... mind leaving now?' He asked. He kissed my cheek and walked up to his bed. 'How late do we meet tonight then?' I crossed my arms. '8 O'clock?' He asked, jawing again. He wrapped the blanket around him. 'Oh, could you turn off the lights on your way out?' He asked. I sighed and nodded, turning around.

Sideswipe was late. Like I already knew. I slowly walked into his room. He was still in a deep slumber. I sat down on the edge. 'Sideswipe?' I whispered. He wanted to go out with me and o am sure he'll be mad if I let him sleep. He didn't respond. 'Sideswipe.' I nudged him. He opened his eyes with a groan. 'What are you doing here?' He blinked and shot up. 'What time is it?' He gazed at the clock. 8:30.'

He jumped out of bed. 'Give me ten minutes, alright?' I gave a small nod. He snitched some clothing from his closet and dashed into the bathroom. Ten minutes later he returned. 'Alright, let's go.' He smiled and offered me his hand. I took it and blocked his way. 'Your shirt.' He looked at himself. 'Oh...' he removed his shirt. 'Silly mech.' I poked his nose and smiled. 'Okay, ready.' He smoothed his shirt down. He grasped my hand and we left the room. 'You know... Uhm.' He glanced at me. 'When I said a real job, I meant something like working in a shop or restaurant or something. You didn't had to... you know...'

'You said do something I like and who cares, right? I got the money and I wanted to take you on this date,' he stated. I smiled. 'I got the money, isn't that what matters?' He asked and reached for his pocket. '250 bucks from what you borrowed me and another 50 from when you gave me 50 for our first date at the McDonalds,' he said. I took the money and nodded. 'Thanks.' I offered a wry smile. 'I sense something is wrong,' he said. I shook my head. 'No, nothing is wrong.' He studied me for a moment. 'Question...' he hummed. 'Do you want to come to my photo shoot tomorrow?' He raised a brow. 'Uhm, sure...' he shrugged.

'Why?' He cocked his head to the side. 'I wanna do a shoot with you...' he ohh'ed and frowned. 'But me?' He asked. 'Yeah, you're handsome, right?' He nodded slightly. 'And you get paid for it?' I added. 'Oh, really?' He asked and raised a brow. I nodded. 'Oh, I see what you're doing...' he gave me a look. 'You don't want me to frag for money and try to get me a real job, isn't it?'

'No, of course not. I uh... I wanted to do a shoot with you for a very long time. I thought you would like seeing me in lingerie...' I trailed off. 'Lingerie?' He asked. I nodded. He kissed my cheek. n then I'll go with you,' he whispered. I smiled and nodded. Sideswipe's hand searched for mine.

Sideswipe kept his word, he took me to an italian restaurant. 'Tell me something about your brother. What's he like?' I questioned. He started smiling. 'Sunny is amazing. He's the best brother in the world you know...' he began and didn't stop talking anymore. After dinner, we slowly walked back to his alt-mode but stopped and spun me around. 'I enjoyed dinner with you.' I smiled. 'Me too.'

I thought he was going for my lips but instead he embraced me. 'I enjoyed it as well.' I blinked. Sideswipe pulled back and smiled. 'Uhm...' I forced a smile on my face as well. 'Come.' He opened his door for me. 'Jeez, Sides. You changed into a gentleman, huh,' I joked. He smirked. He shut the door and walked around his alt-mode. We drove back. Why didn't he kiss me like he wanted last time?

'Something on your mind?'
'What?! No, of course not.'
I mustered a smile on my face but I wasn't sure if he was buying it or not. He's not stupid. 'You know... you don't need to help me get a job, alright?' I raised a brow but Sideswipe seemed pretty serious. 'The shoot?'

'All I wanted was to have a photo shoot with you.'

'No, and we both know that's not the full truth. You just didn't like it how I got my money but don't remember it's my life. I do whatever I wanna do and you will not tell me what to do. Clear?'
I sighed and nodded. 'This the only warning I give you, got it?'
I gazed at him. He's bloody serious about it. 'So, you keep continuing it?' I asked. 'If I am short in cash, yeah but gosh no, not all the time.' I hummed and fiddled with my hands while looking outside.