Chapter 46. Recovering

Neither Sideswipe or Ratchet were happy with my action. Although it was clear, I didn't want to admit in how much pain I was. Ratchet had just stitched me back together and told strictly, to get some rest. He had insisted on it or he wanted me back in the medbay where he could keep an close eye on me.

Sideswipe shut the door and inhaled sharply before turning. 'What we're you thinking?' The words were laced with anger and worry. 'I just wanted to take a bath. That's all, but I got light headed and dizzy... I slipped—' I cut off my sentence. '...and you reopened the wound, last quite some blood and refuse to admit in how much pain you are,' he finished icily. 'I am sorry...'

The mattress dipped. 'You can't do that kind of stuff when I am not around. This almost happened before and I had to catch you. That was only two days ago, so why in the love of Primus did you think it would be a good idea now?' His eyes pierced through my soul. I had no other explanation. 'I don't know... and I am sorry.' I raised my hands in peace before laying down. 'It won't happen again...'

'No, it won't. Apparently, I can't leave you alone anymore.' My eyes widened. 'Are you kidding me? You're staying at my side twenty-four seven now?' I was in utter disbelief. Sideswipe is not capable of being here without getting cranky. 'Yes. You're on the right track of ruining yourself and I can't let that happen!' He paced back and forth.

'I almost lost you. It would drive me over the edge if I lose you.' He stopped. 'Maybe it was traumatic for you, but so was it for me. I never thought it was possible for you to end up in a situation like that. You never get into trouble. Ever and now...' he sucked in a breath. 'I am sorry. I was stupid and should've waited for you.' He turned around, eying me.

'Well, I guess at least you learned from it.' He sat back down on the mattress. It was strange to see him taking the lead. Usually I am the one taking the lead and telling him what needed to be done. 'Get some sleep. You need and you look wrecked.' He got up for a second time and shut the blinds. He kicked his shoes aside and settled next to me,— allowing me to snuggle into him and relax. It was nice to hear his soft breathing and strong beat of his spark.

Resting my hand on his stomach, I could feel his rippling eightpack. The muscles were tensed. 'You're tensed,' I muttered as he shut the lights. 'I am. I had to save your pretty ass again,' he scolded. He wrapped his arms gently around me. 'You're the biggest jerk on the planet, but I adore you regardless,' I murmured. 'Thanks... I guess.'

There was a brief silence before he spoke up again. 'Why am I the jerk?  I just saved your life from your crazed ex?' I chuckled, but even that hurt. 'You know why, Sides. You're cocky, arrogant, rude... disrespectful sometimes... lazy and I can go on with this. The stupid part... it's just all a shell because I know that this isn't you. I have seen the real you... I know you can be a sweet, loving mech. I have seen your optics sparkle once... just once in all those years.'

He sighed. 'Go to sleep.' I was pressing his buttons on a touchy subject. He's completely aware I am right and hopefully he will change.

Over the course of several days, he was really caring and trying his best to help me and make me feel comfortable. He was more acting like my boyfriend honestly. I eyed him. 'What's your problem?' He was pacing around, as if he was deciding what to do. He hadn't even left my side to get food. He someone managed to get the food delivered here by one of the cooks. With him being around literary twenty-four seven creates a lot of awkward situations.

If he needs to pee, or do his other business, he leaves the door wide open so he can watch me, he's watching me creepily when I sleep, always watching me when I am taking a shower or when I have to pee and I barley have any alone time. This would be the ultimate couple test. I guess it started to work on his nerves as well. I am done with his watching. I sat up and it triggered his attention instantly. 'What are you doing! Lay back down.'

'Stop it! I mean it! You're driving me crazy,' I scolded. He rolled his eyes. 'Can you please just have a stroll around this wing and— leave me alone for maybe 15 minutes or so? I seriously need some time without you.' He gave me a glare. 'Absolutely not.' I threw the sheets aside. 'Didn't you hear me?! Lay back down!' He snapped. 'I am serious too. You're watching me all the time and it really starts to get creepy.' He crossed his arms. 'I need some space.'

'I refuse.'

I got up. 'Where are you going?' He blocked my way. 'Bathroom? Only if I am allowed though.' He sighed and stepped aside, following me. 'You're not joining me. There's a limit so you stay on the other side of the door,' I sulked. 'Then you leave the door open.'
'I won't lock the door, but I will close it.'
'No, you're not.'
'Yes, I am. Stop arguing.'
'I always win every argument.'
'Sideswipe! I need to poo! So you stay on this damn side of the door!' He shot me a glare. I am not going to win this argument. 'If I give you that kiss, do you stay on this side of the door?' He narrowed his eyes. 'No.'

I usually find him quite hot and attractive when he's in this type of mood, but not towards me. 'It's not my body. If you refuse to do it then I guess it won't bother me.'
'How do you sleep at night?'
'Recently, I don't.'

'We have reached a limit. I want privacy. What do you think will happen? That I collapse?' I mocked. 'I don't want to rule that out. You were still light headed this morning. You lost an immense amount of blood. You're blood pressure is low as you experienced yourself a couple of days back when you slipped and reopened your wound, losing even more blood, so, no, I won't leave your side until I feel completely and certain enough you're able to stand on your own legs.'

I groaned. 'Okay fine... we leave the door half open then.' He bit his lip. '2/3 open,' he stated eventually. I don't think I will get any further than that. 'Fine but 2/3 it is!' He nodded. 'And you sit on the bed and don't move.' He gave me a grumpy expression.

I guess I am lucky with the fact Sideswipe almost never feels embarrassed or whatever. He was talking to me the entire time about a stupid game he played. It was the first time he spoke about something else than my injuries so I went along with it. At least it kept him distracted from actually entering the bathroom.

After washing my hands I walked back in and seated on his lap. He's actually quite affectionate and so am I. 'I want cuddles.' I flashed him a smile. 'Guess you need to wait. I am careful with your wounds.' I rolled my eyes. 'You owe me some cuddles.'

'And you owe me a kiss.'