Chapter 53. No duties

I couldn't sleep. All I could do was stare at the ceiling it at Sideswipe next to me. It's almost frustrating how peacefully he's sleeping I ran my hand over his spine. The last couple of day, he had annoyed the heck out of me. Sideswipe moved on his back, groaning and muttering something. I rolled on top of him, pressing my lips on his. He wouldn't notice. Even if Megatron bursts in, he still wouldn't notice. This time however, I felt him arch his back and grasp my hips. His lips moved synchronized with mine. 'What are you doing?'

'I can't sleep.'

'Oh, really? I can and I'm tired so...' he muttered. 'From what?' He groaned in annoyance. 'Training. I'm tired from training so...' he pushed me beside him. I curled up against his back and wrapped my arm around him. 'Baby, please.' He complained. 'Aren't you my boyfriend?' He sighed. 'Yeah, but we can... do this another time.' I rolled my eyes and laid back down. Sideswipe was out in just a matter of seconds.

The next morning, I was awoken by Sideswipe. He was annoyingly kissing my neck. 'Sideswipe!' I tried to push him away. 'Annoying, huh? When you're trying to sleep and you've constantly someone kissing you?' He mocked. I chuckled and let him kiss my neck and jawline. 'You look a little tired.' I snorted and curled up. 'I just don't want to get up yet.' He hummed and smiled, resting his head against his hand,— looking down at me with those gorgeous blue eyes.

'We don't have to get up. I don't have duties and neither do you,' he said. 'You know...' I trailed off. He hummed. '... if we had a place of our own, we could make a lazy day of it. Breakfast in bed and walk around in PJ all day.' He chuckled. 'Since when do you want a lazy day? I thought you hated it.'

'No, I don't. I never had anyone to do it with but now I have you...' I mumbled. He kissed the crook of my neck. 'We could have breakfast on our own.' I rolled on my back. 'Don't you wanna do normal stuff? Things you would do if you never joined the army?' I asked. Sideswipe thought about it for a minute. 'And I think it would be good for you too if you have a place of your own. You know... bigger than this so I'm not on your tailpipe the entire time. That we can have alone time without being far apart.' He laid down on his back. 'I do.'

'And if we have an extra bedroom, your twin can stay over too,' I added and met his gaze. 'It's gotta be fun tho.' He smiled and pressed a kiss on my lips. 'Guess we to find a place soon.' I turned and rested my head on his chest. 'Can I do the decorations?' He chuckled. 'Sure, pumpkin.' I smiled and closed my eyes for a moment. 'But it means you gotta help me with chores too... we can make a list or something with the things I do and things you do.' He was quiet for a moment.

'I claim taking out the trash and you do the cooking, laundry and cleaning.' I poked him. 'But I work... you don't.' Another silence fell. 'I thought you got fired,' he said slowly. 'Uhm, y-yeah.' He forced me to look at him. 'But?' I sat up. 'I don't want to fight with you right now. Can we talk about this another time?' I asked. He sat up too. 'Is this about joining N.E.S.T?' He asked. 'Yeah, it is.' He shook his head. 'K can't watch my girlfriend die on the battlefield. Why don't you stick to what you are good at?'

'I don't want to be a waitress for the rest of my life, Sideswipe. My model days are over. I can't do it with the scars... you can teach me, right?' He shook his head. 'No, you are not joining the military you can be mad at me whatever you want... but I won't change my mind. I can't watch you die. You have a choice, something I never had. Please, chose wisely.'

It surprised me how calm he spoke. Much more mature than he has showed the last few months. He brushed some strands from my face. 'We will figure something out, okay?'
'I can still work at N.E.S.T but as an assistant or secretary.'
He hummed; 'I can work with that.' He let himself fall back. 'The hot secretary in short skirts I can screw during lunch breaks. I can totally see you have that job.' He smirked at me. 'Seriously?' I laid back down. 'You're good at arranging things, it would fit you.' I straddled him. 'I'll be your dirty mistress.' He laughed.

I got up. 'Hey! Where are you going? I thought you didn't want to get up.' He sat up again. 'Well, I've to talk to Lennox and after that, we need to search for an apartment.' I opened the wardrobe and grabbed my red and green plaid skirt with black shirt above. Sideswipe got up as well. 'What are you going to do?'

'Having breakfast with my hot and sexy girlfriend.' He winked at me and turned towards the bathroom. 'What would you feel for a shared bank account?' He swiftly turned. 'What?' I shrugged. 'Well, you're bankrupt...' I trailed off. 'But it's your money.' I shrugged again. 'Baby, I know you're trying to help me but this is my mess, you don't have to do this. You shouldn't share your money with me. You're already paying for everything.'

'More like... we both put money on it. So we build up something together and I know it might sound a little fast, but we will have something together. I don't have to put all my money on that account.' He hummed. 'Except the fact I don't have any money to put on that account.' I shrugged. 'You are really good at making me feel guilty.'

'I told you before you should be looking for something you like to do. Besides fragging, you love training. Why don't you become the combat instructor around here? People can learn from you. You'll be doing something you are good at and like to do.' Sideswipe agreed quietly by nodding. 'I will think about it.'