Chapter 2. Fuzz

I hadn't spoken to Sideswipe anymore after our game, which was fine. I had plenty other things to do anyway. Homework and helping Lennox around. I was Sideawipe isn't a good match for me anyway. I spotted him showing off his nicely shaped torso to some girls. I was only able to shake my head. That mech is a complete mess and disaster. He has no idea what to do with himself.

Later that day, Optimus wanted to see me. I strode into his office and spotted Sideswipe. I felt a wave of concern sweep over me as I shut the door. 'Skyla, thank you for coming,' Optimus said. I slowly approached. 'Sideswipe, I want you to become her guardian.' My mouth nearly dropped and Sideswipe was only able to stare at Prime. 'What?' We asked at the same time. 'I think two can learn from each other 'I am not gonna do that! I am not her slave,' Sideswipe snapped. 'You're not, you're her guardian. That's a difference. You will watch over her,' Prime stated and folded his hands together. 'This is absolutely ridiculous. I am not a baby sitter and she survived two years on her own,' Sideswipe snapped. 'So you're not up for it?' Prime was challenging him.

'No, I am not saying that but I am not going to waste my time either,' Sideswipe snapped. 'Forget about it,' Sideswipe snapped as he glared at me. I sighed softly. 'It's an order, Sideswipe.' The mech snorted and glared at Optimus. 'Yeah, and all you get from me is this.' Sideswipe gave his middle finger before leaving. I looked at Prime. 'You could've told me.'

Prime slumbed back. 'I know but I didn't want to give Sideswipe the feeling this is a conspiracy. He's kinda sensitive for that type of thing. He will come around these few days. I've seen what you did with him and beside I think he can learn from you. I can't give him advice but perhaps you can,' he said. This sounded like an impossible task but I didn't want to be disrespectful or doubt him. 'Alright, I will see if I can keep him in line.' Optimus nodded and toyed with a pen. 'But it's going to be a challenge,' I added sheepishly. 'I get you'll be fine. I can explain to you how he works but I think you already know. You know him better than most people and I think your quiet nature will help. I think you can handle him.'

'I appreciate your trust in me,' I mumbled. He smirked a little. ' Alright, I'll go find Sideswipe,' I sighed and left his office. Sideswipe was childishly ignoring me. 'Sideswipe?' I took a sprint. 'You can't keep ignoring me. Please, can't we talk about it?' I asked. 'There's nothing to talk about. You are not my charge and I am not going to babysit,' he snorted and pushed me aside. 'Sideswipe come on... I can be annoying too.' He laughed mockingly. 'You are the true definition of boring,' he said. I crossed my arms, 'because I don't go to parties and get high?' I asked. 'Are you really going to start an argument with me?' He asked. I couldn't help but laugh. 'This is not funny! I wasn't trying to be funny,' he snapped like a little kid.

'Sorry, I just— Sideswipe seriously, you're acting like a little kid. You're a grown mech, come on.' I patted his arm. He pulled me back with so much force I ended up on the ground with a dislocated arm. I uttered a scream and he instantly let go of me. 'This is a great start...' I hissed. He crouched down, 'you're not gonna tell him this! You're not going tot elk anyone about this. You fell off the stairs.' He grabbed my jaw while I was battling the pain. 'You hear me?' He snapped. I was only able to nod. Sideswipe looked around before he got up and stormed off.

The pain was intense. I had never felt anything like this before. I couldn't get up either, I needed to recover before I finally getting up. I slowly headed for the medbay. 'Skyla...' I was waiting and Ratchet just passed me. The woman behind the desk told me he was busy. 'Are you okay? You look pale,' he said. 'I wouldn't be here if I was okay,' I replied. 'Get up.' Ratchet led me to his office. 'What's going on?' He asked. 'I shoulder is dislocated... I think.' The mech dropped his files and helped me remove my jacket. 'Oh... yeah, that looks bad.' He gently sat me down and inspected my shoulder carefully. 'What's happened?'

'Oh, just a stupid accident,' I muttered. Ratchet told me to lay down and pushed it back. My shoulder instantly started to swell even more and turned purple. He grabbed a cold-pack, cooling it. The pain slightly faded. 'I'd like to hear how you dislocated this because this injury is usually caused during training when soldiers get really rough.'

'It was an accident,' I repeated. Ratchet was only able to shake his head. 'Do I wanna know?' He asked. 'No, it's fine,' I muttered. Ratchet sighed. 'Don't lift heavy things for two weeks. If the swelling doesn't reduce within two days, come back,' he said. He gave me some painkillers and dismissed me.

Sideswipe kept an close eye on me and approached when I was alone. 'What did you tell Ratchet?' He asked. 'Well, the fact you're not in the brig says enough, right?' I asked. Sideswipe smoothed his shirt down and looked around. 'Good, then keep it a low profile,' he said. 'Shouldn't you apologize?' I asked. 'For what?' He snapped. I stated at him, 'I hadn't except you to apologize. You don't have norms,' I muttered under my breath and turned around. 'Fine, I am sorry,' he scowled before storming off. I sucker in a breath and decided to keep some distance with him for today.

The next morning, my day started off quite good. The swelling had reduced a little bit and I had no pain. Walking into the cafeteria, I was welcomed by a screaming Sideswipe, making a fuzz with a soldier I knew pretty well. 'Mark,' I tugged on his arm. 'Stop, please.'

'That moron started all this!' He shouted and pointed at Sideswipe. 'It's not worth it, come on.' I pulled him with me. 'Jeez I can't stand that guy! What is he even doing on earth? All he does is making a fuzz about everything and fucks everything with big boobs and long legs,' he spat. 'Just leave it,' Sideswipe heard everything was on the verge of charging at Mark. Sideswipe is much stronger and skilled, he will injure Mark for sure.

'Gosh, I hate him,' Mark scowled. Sideswipe stared at me for a moment. 'Hate is a big word, come on, let's have a drink.' We sat down together. 'Did he hit you?' I asked. 'No, I hit him in his ribs with my gun,' he muttered. I caught Sideswipe rub his ribs while he was sitting. I agreed with Mark that the mech was a little out of hand today but I also blamed Optimus's decision to make him my guardian. 'Optimus made him my gardian, I think he's grumpy about that because he loses a part of his freedom,' I said after a long silence. Mark nearly choked in his beer. 'What?' he repeated. 'Sideswipe is my gardiuan,' I sighed and tapped on the table.

'He doesn't even know what the word responsibility means,' he scoffed. I hummed and took a sip from my soda. 'It just sounds ridiclious,' he muttered. 'Yeah, but it's Optimus order and I have to obey that.' Mark muttered something under his breath and glanced at Sideswipe. 'Attention seeker,' he scowled. 'Do you know he hits girls?' he asked. 'That happened once,' I mocked. 'No, it happened more often. He gets pissed when they don't do he has invisioned. He wanted to fuck a girl and she told him she was busy... he got furious. That guy is a total moron, he shouldn't be here. He's here to help and he's doing everything but help,' Mark scowled. Again, I couldn't disagree but I also knew, something was going on in his head which caused him act the way he does.