Chapter 44. Grumpy

I jolted awake and looked around to see if Sideswipe was still in the room. He flashed me a smile. 'Relax, I am still here and I won't go anywhere,' he murmured. 'Please tell me it's not true.' He cupped my cheek. 'I already told you that, relax.' He pressed a kiss on my forehead. 'You've had surgery and you need to recover. You've been through something traumatic. You don't get shot on a daily bases by your ex.' I snorted. 'And you think your ex's suck, huh?' I mocked. He sat down on the edge and smiled. 'They kinda do but on a different scale.' I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment. 'I am starving... could you get me some food? A sandwich or something.' He sighed, 'fine.' He got up. 'Maybe some fruit too?'

'Anything else, your highness?' I rolled my eyes and watched him walk off. 'You owe me something though.' I snorted. 'I waved your ass more then you saved mine.' He turned. 'You almost died. My save is bigger then yours. I didn't almost die.' I snorted, 'No, but your ego did several times.' He rolled his eyes. 'Do I finally get your phone number or do I actually need to die on the operating table for you to realize you made a mistake for not giving me your phone number?'

He turned. 'No, I changed my mind. I'll give it to you.' I smiled. 'But I want something in return though.' I raised a brow. 'What do you want in return? You're not the one who got shot by your ex boyfriend.' He hummed, 'I want a kiss. A deep passionated kiss, not just a quick peck or something. I want passion and I want it from you.' I studied his facial features but he was darn serious about it. 'Alright, but I suck at kissing and I want to brush my teeth first. I don't want you to drop dead on the floor.' He snorted, 'sure whatever. I'll teach you how to kiss properly.'

He walked off and returned twenty minutes later. 'Took you long enough.' He gave me a glare. 'Any idea how busy the cafeteria is right now? I am not your slave, I am not supposed to do this.' He handed me the tray. 'This is the first and only time I do this kind of stuff, got it? Go ask a nurse or something,' he scolded. 'A nurse? You're a better cook.'
'I am not and we both know it. Go eat and shut up.' Something had clearly ticked him off. 'What's your problem? Did you make a fuss again?' This seemed to tick him off. 'I don't always make a fight! Just eat your damn food and shut up.'

'Why don't you go and have a stroll or something?' I waved him off. He snorted, 'damn it! You're impossible sometimes!' He snapped before storming off. I hadn't done anything wrong. He's just not in a good mood for some odd reason. He was okay when he left the medbay but he's clearly upset about something.

I ate my food in silence and was interrupted by Ratchet. 'I hadn't really cleared you for eating this food.' I stopped. 'I am fine and I was starving. Isn't that a good thing?' I grumbled. 'Don't take it seriously, Sideswipe is being an ass again. He had a fight with Ironhide about you. He truly does adore you... so he will come back. He's just worried. That's all.'

'Does he blame himself? It's not his fault.'

'People tell him it's his fault so of course he blames himself. Give him some space and he'll be fine. He's tough.' I gave a small nod. Ratchet walked up to me and did some basic check-ups. 'I just want you here for a couple more days and after that, you can go back to your room and rest but I would like it if Sideswipe keeps an eye on you. Just in case.'

'You think he will do that?'

'If you tell him he can help you shower.' I snorted. 'Yeah, not gonna happen?' I mocked. 'We're not a thing.'
'Yet, you're not a thing yet.' I rolled my eyes and finished my food. I was pretty tired so I took a nap and when I woke up I was facing Sideswipe. He was sitting in the chair scrolling through his phone while lazily sitting there. I could observe him for a minute. He was wearing my favorite shirt. A white one, that hugged his abs, chest and arms nicely. Seeing him wearing this shirt always made me wanna squeeze his biceps. They were so.nicely visible. My eyes traveled to his skinny ripped jeans. They showed off his thighs and booty. It's a shame he's sitting.

'Are you done staring?  He didn't even look up. 'I wasn't staring.' He snorted. 'Yeah, right. While you're taking naps all day, I have been doing the real work.' He put his phone away and got up. 'The real work?' I repeated almost in a mocking manner. 'Yes... I had these endless meetings about what happened...' he rolled his eyes. '...and all you're doing is sleeping like a lazy pig and you smell.'

'Oeh, someone is cranky.' My comment didn't really seem to help. 'You haven't really calmed down yet, so...' I turned away from him. I felt him leaving over. His hot breath fanned down my neck and shoulder. 'You need a shower... but Ratchet doesn't clearly trust you yet. You had major surgery and in about ten minutes a nurse will walk in... a guy. He's new here and he's clumsy. He will see you naked... he was the first one to volunteer. Do you want a stranger to wash and touch you? Or do you want me to take care of that job?'

I shivered at the time he was using. Dead serious, with a hint of jealously and seductiveness. 'I don't know about you, but I don't like that idea.' I snorted. 'You're only doing this to get your way.' His fingers traced my bare arm. 'I am not. I am dead serious, but it's your body.' He got up to my disappointment.

Sideswipe waited for a few minutes before he turned around. 'Alright, whatever...' he waved his hand. Before he was about to leave the room, a nurse strode in. A big man, tall with dark hair. His face was hard, not the friendly face I have seen on almost all the nurses here. 'I am here to wash you.'

'Actually, Sideswipe was going to take care of them.' The man turned. 'Him?' He mocked. 'There's only one Sideswipe, so yes.' The man shook his head. 'Nice try.' Sideswipe stepped in and blocked his way. 'The femme said she didn't want to be touched by you. So get the hell out. She's been through enough and I will assist her.' The man narrowed his eyes. 'You're a nurse and I am an ex-gladiator, so, do you really want to test my limits or are you going to leave now?' The man raised his hands in peace and walked off. 'You had to show off with that?' He rolled his eyes and threw the sheets aside.'Alright, come on you...'