Chapter 48. Nothing to he upset about

'She's fine, Sideswipe.'

'She's not fine. She's in pain. How can she be fine if she's in pain?' he snapped. Ratchet folded his hands and looked at me. 'When did these pains start? Your wound looks perfectly healthy. It's healing reallly good. Maybe the stitches are irritating a little bit–' Sideswipe cut him off again. 'Irritating?' he spat out. 'She's in pain! She has pains... she's not fine,' he snapped. Ratchet uttered a sigh. 'When did they start?' he continued to ask. 'I left... and she came to me shortly after, complaining about pains,' Sideswipe answered for me. 'Oh, you left, huh?' Ratchet tapped on the table with his index finer. 'Yeah, Reed, she's a newbie, came to me and asked if I could help her with her skills, that's all,' Sideswipe stated and shrugged. 'Well, I think you need to rest.' I flashed him a weak smile. Ratchet is not stupid and he even played along.

'I want to know why she's in pain.' Sideswipe slammed his fist on the table. 'It happens, Sideswipe. There's nothing I can do about it. All part of the recovery process. Just be with her, make sure she's comfortable and don't go on adventures, got it?' I guess the last statement had a double meaning. Sideswipe nodded and looked at me. 'Come on, sweetspark. Let's go.' He offered me his hand and took me with him. 'Thank you, Ratch.' He hummed while turning back to his paperwork.

Sideswipe sighed,— shaking his head. 'Stupid medic,' he scolded. We returned back to my room. He forced me to lay down and crawled next to me. He curled his body around me and softly kissed my head. 'I don't want you to be in pain...' he whispered near my ear. 'It'll pass...' I mumbled. He wrapped his arm around my waist. Sideswipe sighed again. 'You're gonna be fine...' he mumbled. I already knew that, but I wanted him. I didn't want him to kiss another girl, but if I tell him that, he will get mad and start doing it anyway.

I kept saying I was in pain the following days and he was so sweet and supportive. I felt horrible for doing it, but he stayed away from Reed. Sideswipe is mine. The mech was holding me in his arms. He's in a cuddle mode. 'Heh Sides?' He hummed while pressing some kisses in my neck. 'I was like thinking...' he hummed. 'You know...' he looked up. 'Reed... is she's your new make out buddy or...' I trailed off. He rolled his eyes. 'Don't start this again, okay? My life, my choices and we aren't dating so stop digging into my life so much,' he snapped. Sideswipe always gets irritated quickly when he's tired. 'Right... yeah, I get it...' I waved my hand to dismiss.

My head was spinning as I tried to find the right words. I loved him so much, I am even willing to lie to him, just to keep him away from other girls. I could kiss him, but I was afraid to make the first move. He does like flirting, maybe he will fall for that.

The next morning, I woke up alone. I jolted up and scanned the room. 'Sideswipe?' The empty spot next to me was cold. He must have gotten up a while ago. I reached for my phone. 9:30 AM. Wat too early for Sideswipe. What is he up to?' I jumped out of bed and dressed up. I searched for him and found him flirting with those stupid new girls. I came to a stop.

'You're okay?' Mirage stepped next to me. 'Yeah, I am fine.' I turned away. 'I am great even,' I mocked. 'You don't look fine or great,' he mocked. 'I thought he changed... stupid idea or course. He always falls back into his old habits. Asking for trouble, right?' I turned back towards him. 'Sideswipe? Isn't it a good thing he doesn't treat you like the other girls? Means he cares, right?' He questioned. 'I lied to him about my pain. It kept him away from them... I want him and I can't get him. Every time we get close to it and then something happens—' I waved my hand. 'Where are you going?'

'I need a walk. Just... leave me alone.' I walked off. I left the base and headed for the park fen minutes away. I needed a stroll and clear my head. I walked around for at least an hour.

'Sweetspark? What are you doing out here? You're supposed to take it easy? Why did you even leave without me? I am supposed to look after you.' Sideswipe walked up to me, smiling like everything was fine. 'Why that sad face?' He asked. 'You weren't there when I woke up...' I trailed off. 'Reed messaged me... she wanted to continue the training.' He shrugged. 'She texted you? Damn... how long did it take for me to get your number? I am your damn charge and I had to get shot and kidnapped to get it. How long is she at the base? A week maybe? Two weeks? You're right... it is your damn life but please do me a favor and leave me the fuck alone!' I pushed him.

'Skylla, seriously? What is wrong with you?' He mocked. 'How did you even survive for so long?' I scolded. 'I am going back to base... I came here for some peace.'
'And I came here because you didn't take your coat and it's chilly today. I want you to go back inside, so please... go back to base. It's going to rain soon too.' He walked up to me and started pushing me back towards the base. 'You feel cold already.' He pressed a kiss on the side of my head.

'Come on.'
He brought me back to my room. 'Are you in pain?' He asked. 'No, not at the moment,' I muttered. He sat down beside me on the bed. 'That's good. I don't know what you're so upset about, but... you don't have to be upset.' I locked my eyes with him. 'Okay?' I gave a small nod. 'Sure...'