Chapter 21. Suspicious

I woke up with a warm feeling behind me and a horrible headache. I looked over my shoulder. Sideswipe had curled up against my back, his arm around my waist. I laid my head back down and listened to his soft breathing. I turned and laid on my other side. Sideswipe weakly opened his eyes. 'Finally awake?' he whispered. I snorted, 'I am sorry.' He sighed and cupped my cheek. 'Just don't do it again, promise?' I gave a small nod. 'You are right, I can't tell you what to do. I don't know why I did it in the first place,' I scowled.

'Because you are jealous.'
'I was talking about the scotch.'
'I bet you were.'

'You have a bad influence on me.' He smirked. 'I know, that's why Ironhide keeps an eye on you.' I smiled and curled up against him. I closed my eyes. 'Hey, Sideswipe?' He hummed. 'You maybe don't like me as much as I like you, but you are the best friend I have ever had. You know why?'
'Tell me,' He mumbled. 'Sometimes, when I am sad about my mom or if I have a bad day, all I have to do is think about you. I am always happy to see you after work.' I felt him tighten his grip on me. 'I don't wanna lose you too,' I mumbled. 'You won't.' I shut my eyes again and fell asleep. The next morning, I woke up alone. A little disapointed, I slid out of bed and started my daily routine.

'Where have you been last night?' Mark approached me in the cafeteria. 'I tried to call you but you weren't answering my phone,' he snapped. 'My phone must have died and I didn't feel so good,' I sighed. He snorted and shook his head. 'Mark.' I grabbed his arm and forced him to look at me. 'I am sorry, it won't happen again,' I said. Mark yanked his arm back. 'You better don't.' He stormed into the kitchen. 'Not really a ray of sunshine, huh?' I shrieked and turned. 'Sideswipe!' He smirked and wrapped his arm around my waist. 'I am going for my second round. I am hungry because thanks to you, I missed dinner last night.'

'You fell asleep too. You didn't want to leave.' He hummed and looked at me. 'Although I am not happy you spied on me, you were kinda cute.' I rolled my eyes. 'Mark ie mad at me too.' He hummed and shrugged. 'You know... if you are so jealous—' I cut him off. 'Can you please stop about the jealously? I wasn't jealous.'

'I don't buy it. You were bitchy and jealous. Sweetspark, I am your guardian, no one will change that,' he purred. I sighed and nodded in silence. He bend over to my ear. 'Just remember that next time I pull of a stunt, you can't get mad because I didn't get mad now either.' A weak smile crept up on my lips. Typical for Sideswipe to say, but I had to agree. Sideswipe had been surpringly milt for what I did. 'Sure,' I mumbled. He kissed my cheek and passed me. I watched my trouble making guardian piss of some soldiers by cutting in front and steal food for a second round. Some things will never change I guess.

((Sideswipe's P.O.V))
Ironhide hit the back of my head before sitting down. 'You egoistical, arrogant piece of trash metal,' he sneered. 'Good morning to you too,' I sulked and rolled my eyes. 'Why do I get this wonderful and warm compliment?' I asked sarcastically. I wasn't in the mood to argue or start a fight. Ironhide however, was on the right track of ruining my day. 'This so your second round and I told you specifically, to stop eating so much human food,' he snapped. 'Just for the record, I missed dinner last night. Usually I only have one round and beside... I am upset and try to suppress it with food.'

He raised a brow. 'I caught the femme spying on me last night. She got herself drunk and I had to bring her home. She's denying it, but she's jealous and Mark won't let me talk to her. He yelled at me this morning. Gosh, I hate that guy,' I muttered. 'I bet he had a good reason to yell at you.'
'Yeah, well... lately everyone yells at me. That part doesn't bother me that much anymore. What does bother me is the fact he's controlling her. She rather hangs out with him.'

'He's her sparkmate. Of course she wants to hang out with him, you moron. That's not controlling, that's love and the only one jealous here is you.' I didn't reply and stared at the femme. 'I am not jealous. I am glad I am not around her all day,' I sulked and poked in my food. 'You're a bad liar, always have been.' He got up and walked off. I rolled my eyes and sucked in a breath.

Throughout the day, the femme kept an close eye on me. I was just about to leave as I heard her call my name. 'Can I join you on your patrol?' I frowned. 'Why? To see if I go to Jade instead?' I mocked. 'No, to entertain you. I mean, you're always complaining how boring it is and now I am willing to entertain my favorite mech.' She nudged me. Something was off, I knew it. 'I feel like there's a catch.' She shook her head and smiled. 'Please?'

She gave me puppy eyes and she never did that either. 'Alright, fine. Hop in.' She jumped and hugged me before hopping in. I was still suspicious about the entire ordeal. I slowly hopped in as well. I hit the road a few minutes later. 'You said you were going to entertain me...?' She was oddly quiet for someone who's here to entertain. She smiled innocently. 'On our way back, shall we make a stop at McDonalds?' I smirked and nodded. 'Yeah, sure... why not.'