Braids // B.B

Prompts: "Wait, what are you doing?" "Braiding your hair."

Warnings: none. civil war!bucky lets you braid his hair. platonic!reader.
-----------

After everything that happened over the past 70 something years, James just wanted to settle down somewhere and relax but what he didn't expect was to have a random teenager walk over to him.

It was a surprise when you asked him to sit om the floor whilst you sat on the bench behind him and began pulling at his hair which caused him to turn around in shock, saying "wait, what are you doing?"

"Braiding your hair, of course" you answer as though you didn't just tell him to sit on the floor. "Y'know, your hair is really soft, what kind of conditioner do you use?"

"I'm not sure, the usual kind, I guess" Bucky says as you continue trying to keep his hair together. You sigh, saying "though it does look kind of greasy but we'll blame Hydra for that and the softness is amazing but is not helpful when I'm trying to braid your hair."

"So, Bucky, how come you and Mr Rogers are so close? Best friends, lovers, I'm trying to guess here" you continue talking. "We were- are best friends since we were in middle school after I stopped a bully from beating him up" James answered.

"That's sweet" you say, "especially since pre serum him would've been 4 foot something so there is no way he could defend himself against someone bigger."

"Yeah, steve was always getting into fights and I was the one ending each and every single one of them" Buck explains, nostalgic of the memories.

"One time, I caught him putting newspapers in his shoes so he could get on rides. I'm pretty sure he continued doing that for years" he continued on, smiling slightly.

After a while of talking, you stop which causes Bucky to turn around to you. "How come you stopped?" he asked. "I finished" you say, taking a quick photo to show him, "what do you think?"

"I like it, thank you" James said, getting up as you smile, saying "next time I'll show you the wonders of eyeliner".