25 ✔︎Degrees of Separation

Blake

Six Months Ago - February 2015

"Jubilee, what the hell are you wearing?!" I exclaimed when I saw Ju enter the kitchen to help me with the finishing touches for the party we were hosting tonight.

I'd almost dropped the case of wine I was carrying when I saw Jubilee in some sort of body suit, jumper, thingy that left absolutely nothing to the imagination. Her generous breasts, barely encased by the sweetheart neckline of the jumper, shook with every movement, and, her ensemble was so short in the back, her equally visible ass was literally about to peek out of the bottom. And holy hell was it tight. It looked like it was painted on. My crotch would have been an embarrassing sight if it weren't for the distraction my anger created that kept my focus off how aroused I was. Jubilee looked absolutely edible, and she was not on the menu tonight.

"Blake, really?! You've never questioned what I wear. I never thought you were that kind of boyfriend. It's our first party that we're hosting together. I wanted to make a statement!" Jubilee exclaimed in annoyed surprise.

"I've never said anything about what you're wearing because you've never worn something like this! It's too tight and too short. I can almost see your ass, dammit. What kind of statement were you trying to make for Chrissake?!"

"I never thought I'd be having this conversation, wow," Jubilee exhaled, rolling her eyes simultaneously, "Does it really matter? It's my body, and I can display it how I want to. Don't be a cliché, Blake."

"I might as well go shirtless tonight the way someone can estimate what your body looks like in this...whatever this is," I growled.

"I don't want anyone enjoying what's mine, Jubilee. You should only be worried if I didn't say something about how you display what's mine. It's not a fucking cliché. My teammates and plenty of other men are going to be here lusting after you far more than they probably already have. Why do you want to test me?!" I responded, raising my voice because I could not believe she didn't understand my concern.

"A girl hauls off and says yes to a promise ring, and all of a sudden her boyfriend thinks he can control her body. What a progression," Jubilee muttered as if I couldn't hear every word she said.

We were off. Terribly. Ever since our awkward meal with my parents I felt like we had a lot swirling between us that we hadn't had the heart to address with each other. I honestly felt bad for my parents because they were probably hoping to have a nice brunch with the old me and Jubilee, and that's definitely not who we are right now.

And instead of addressing whatever funk we were in, we both just avoided it like the plague and got more and more snappy with each other. We hadn't been intimate or spent any alone time together in the past week, and it just wasn't like us. We'd even had about three of these pointless arguments that only slightly hinted at something larger we would have to sort out sooner rather than later. Right now we lacked trust in each other, and I'm sure it was because we were afraid of what the future held.

And all of that was coming out in a useless argument that would just increase the chasm between us if we weren't careful.

"We've barely seen each other this week, but every time we have you clearly have a stick up your ass that I'm being punished for although I didn't put it there," I responded, choosing to ignore Jubilee's last wisecrack, "Just tell me what's really going on, Ju."

I was at my wit's end. My girl looked mouthwateringly sexy and that infuriated me because she had somehow restricted my access to her, and yet she had no problem making herself so accessible to everyone else who would be at the party. My eyes perused her body and lingered over her glistening milk chocolate legs that shined while she wore some platform wedges that made my mouth water. The way the muscles of her legs contracted as she moved reminded me of how they felt around my waist whenever we made love.