3✔︎Letters from Jubilee

Jordan

"Did you know that Jubilee is pregnant with Blake's child, babe?!" DJ exclaimed as he bust through the front door of his Pacific Palisades home.

I had returned to LA for the first time in weeks after postponing my tour and going to Texas to be with my family once we found out that Jubilee chose to be with Trenton. Of course, I had come to see my boyfriend to reunite after being gone for so long, but also to take a break from the debilitating situation with my sister and best friend. But, all DJ wanted to do was express his frustrations and concerns about Blake and how he has or hasn't coped after being left by Jubilee.

I sat up from my horizontal position on the couch and sighed before answering, "Yes, I knew, babe."

DJ raised his eyebrow as he sat down right next to me before deciding to pull me in his lap like he always did, causing a small smile to twitch on my lips. This is what I missed. The closeness. The comfort.

"I know, I've been talking about this situation a lot, but you've gotta cut me some slack here, Dani. This really changes things!" DJ exclaimed, his nickname for me slipping for the first time since I've been back.

My smile widened even more, once again causing DJ to raise his eyebrow. I guess I was being a bit confusing with my emotions. This crisis with my sister had just taken so much out of me and caused me to question everything, and the only thing that could really make me smile was DeAndre. He has been an absolute Godsend. He cares so deeply and that is what I need right now to feel...normal...stable, even. Cared for.

"Did I ever tell you how much I missed you these past few weeks, Hyland?" I asked him with a smirk, wrapping my arms around his neck and breathing in his scent.

I felt his chest rumble as he chuckled before he replied, "Ehh, I'm not sure I recall any such confessions. Maybe you should run them by me again..."

Instead of explaining with words I covered my mouth with his. Closing my eyes and leaning into this kiss like it was our first one. Relishing in the feel of his soft, confident lips on mine. I moaned and sighed with contentment, my hold on DeAndre tightening before he pulled away.

"Jordan Carlisle, don't you try to distract me from the task at hand with your guile and sex appeal," DJ scolded with a smirk and a peck before leaning back and waiting patiently for me to explain.

I rolled my eyes. Why'd he have to ruin my moment?

"Fine, but after this, no more talk for at least 24 hours. I really miss you, and I miss being a normal human being. I just want a few moments to myself and with my boyfriend. Is that too much to ask?" I demanded.

DeAndre raised both hands in surrender, "No ma'am, that is completely reasonable. Make sure you update me on the fam, too, though."

"Yea, yea. So, remember when you ran up the stairs at Blake's place to check on me and Jubilee when we were yelling and screaming and carryin on? That's when she told me she was expecting. My mother was the only other person she'd told. I was sworn to secrecy. So, I'm sorry if you feel out of the loop," I explained, my heart constricting in response to the last memory I had of genuine joy with my baby sister...even if I was the only one who was genuine in that moment...

"Nah, it wasn't that I was upset about not knowing. I'm just even more surprised by Jubilee than I originally was. Wouldn't a baby on the way be the perfect motivation to stay with Blake and fight against that asshole?" DeAndre asked.

As I opened my mouth to explain Jubilee's reasoning, I couldn't help but remember opening and reading my letter from Jubilee with Mom while she read hers...