19✔︎Fight or Flight

I dedicate this chapter to -starrynite117!! This story wouldn't be where it is without your input toward it and love of it! I couldn't be more grateful for you and the bond we have that started with and continues with our love for writing and stories! I love you! #galaxytwins4life!! 😭😍🙌🏾💯💕💫✨

Brynn

Walking up the pathway to Blake and Jubilee's villa, I couldn't help but smile at the way things had been going. I had never seen Blake as devastated as he had been the past few months, not even when we broke up, and we foolishly thought we were soulmates. Getting to know Jubilee, and watching Blake suffer after she left, I've needed no more convincing about the fact that their destinies are forever wrapped up in each other.

And I could not be more grateful about my firstborn's future stepmom. To not have to worry about the other woman who will influence him so greatly is a weight off my shoulders that I've been carrying ever since Blake started dating again, and his front door seemed to revolve on a nightly basis.

So, I knocked on their door with joy at the fact that Blake clearly wanted me to watch Ford so he could have some alone time with Jubilee. I could not be happier to participate in them both getting back on track after the upheaval everyone had been dealing with due to their separation. Blake and Jubilee touched so many lives in a way none of us realized as we were not prepared for the hole their united presence left behind once Jubilee disappeared.

After no one came to the door for about 30 seconds, I began to get worried. I took a look around and didn't see any security, which was a surprise after Jubilee talked about how relieved she was that Blake had gotten the police department to participate in the measures he wanted to take to keep her safe.

Something felt off.

Blake had just texted me, so he should've been expecting me. And security surrounded this villa yesterday. I grabbed the doorknob and shook it, wishing it would turn although I knew it wouldn't. There might be no security, but Blake wasn't dumb enough to just let anyone waltz in. Not after he'd just gotten Jubilee back.

I beat on the door once more, adding a couple more beats in with more force before stopping. I waited for at least a minute and still didn't hear anything. Jogging to the nearest window through the grass, I tried not to panic, but the sight I was met with did nothing to relieve me.

All I could see was Ford playing with his toys on the floor in the living room while the tv played. I couldn't understand why he would be alone with no other movement in the kitchen or anything.

I grabbed my phone. It was definitely time to get some help.

Jubilee

Tears streamed down my face as soon as I closed the door to me and Blake's room behind me. I sank to the floor as a wave of sickness overtook me. I felt overheated and my head was swimming, and I couldn't tell if it was from the weight of Blake's perception of me that I was now carrying, or the weight of the child I was carrying. Or both.

I had a visceral reaction to Blake's words when they registered in my brain in the car, and I hadn't attempted to put myself back together since.  I had no idea how long it would take before Blake came in and tried to apologize more and make me realize what he meant that he didn't actually say. But it wouldn't matter.

I finally knew how Blake really felt about me. He thought I was messed up. Tainted. Different. Worse. After all this shit with Trenton.

Did he even consider me to be Jubilee anymore? Had I ruined us?