13✔︎Takes a Village

I dedicate this chapter to KeepItTrill24 who has been waiting for the moment that's coming in this chapter, so I know she's gonna LOOVE it! 😁 Thank you for continuing to read and support and love on this story from the beginning of The Choice until now even when you and Jubilee don't always see eye to eye! hehe I really appreciate it! 😩😭😍☺️

Michael

As badly as I wanted to tell Jubilee to run, I didn't want to make it that obvious to Trenton and potentially put her in danger. So, I looked in her eyes in response to her calling my name before darting my eyes left, towards the front door. Hopefully she knew what I meant.

"What the fuck is this, dude?!" Trenton exclaimed, "Why the hell is that gun pointed at me?! We're supposed to be packing everything up and getting ready to leave!"

Out of the corner of my eye I watched Jubilee slowly and silently grab her phone off the counter and back up towards the door as to not take Trenton's attention away from me.

"I can't believe you thought I'd keep helping you after I watched you smack Jubilee around like a rag doll. You're a fucking psycho, dude!"

Trenton laughed evilly, further confirming just how far away from sanity he was, "Oh, I see. So you've been playing double agent. Still taking my orders while making your own plan to shit on them."

"Ah. Didn't know you had enough sanity left to put two and two together," I replied, scrambling for how to keep this conversation going so he wouldn't figure out that Jubilee was gone.

"And I didn't know you were smart enough to play me. You'd come off as a thug who could be bought up to this point," Trenton growled, trying to hit me where it hurt.

But, I was past the guilt of my mistakes. This was my chance to make things right. I just hoped Jubilee would be safe and get away from Trenton's hired security guard who followed her every move.

"Well I guess we've both surprised each other. But, you're the one whose plans have been shot to hell. Because Jubilee is finally out of this looney bin you call a home," I pointed out now that Jubilee was out the door.

"Should I just kill you now or are you going to find some way to live without threatening the lives of people?" I asked before cocking my gun.

"You're way too much of a pussy for that. Besides, I'm sure Charles got a hold of Jubilee before she even walked out the door, you idiot," Trenton calmly responded with a smirk on his face.

My eyes widened once I realized I should be outside making sure Charles doesn't get to Jubilee.

"Shit," I cursed, making a dash for the front door and leaving Trenton to do whatever psychopaths do when their plans are blown up.

He was probably going to try to kill me. I'm glad he'd told me where all his weapons in the house were back when we were partners, because that aided me in disarming them all before surprising him in the kitchen and giving Jubilee a chance to run.

When I made it outside, I couldn't believe the sight that greeted me.

"And fuckin stay down, you creep," a black woman in pink scrubs growled at Charles who was currently facedown in the grass on the front lawn one house over with his arms cuffed behind his back while another lighter-skinned woman in black jeans and a green jacket rested one foot on his wrists with a gun pointed at his head.

Jubilee was nowhere to be found, which I prayed was a good thing.

"The fuck?" I said in confusion and admiration.